AVS Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 8336 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
so having a weird issue, HDMI-CEC related I guess? I prefer to not use HDMI CEC but I need it turned on in order to use arc. I have the power sync setting under device connection turned off. on my apple tv I have control tv and receivers set to off. Here’s what is happening. I turn the tv on, switch to the apple tv input, and then I manually turn the apple tv on. If I switch to another input (with apple tv still on), and then back to the apple tv input, the TV seems to forcefully turn the apple tv off

anyone have any idea what combo of HDMI-CEC wonkyness I need to tweak? thanks
Sounds eerily similar to the issue I am having with my 2019 shield. If I change inputs from the shield to anything else, it shuts the tv off. No combination of CEC on/off or power settings on the shield fixes it.

I've been on Reddit and the c9 thread and no one has any issues with CEC and the shield.

Wondering if the HDMI ports are the issue? I've tried all ports, auto device detect on/off to no avail.

This worked flawlessly on my qled. Hoping the c9 I get delivered Thursday doesn't have this issue

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds eerily similar to the issue I am having with my 2019 shield. If I change inputs from the shield to anything else, it shuts the tv off. No combination of CEC on/off or power settings on the shield fixes it.

I've been on Reddit and the c9 thread and no one has any issues with CEC and the shield.

Wondering if the HDMI ports are the issue? I've tried all ports, auto device detect on/off to no avail.

This worked flawlessly on my qled. Hoping the c9 I get delivered Thursday doesn't have this issue
my tv doesn’t turn off, just the apple tv

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Newbie here. Got the LG CX 65 this weekend and was expecting and upgrade in all aspects compared to my only sony 8500D. Got it because I wanted a better overall set for all content and especially the new gaming consoles to be released later this year with better input lag and hdmi 2.1 support.

So far I am noticing juddering, artifacts and noise in moving content, even with Tru motion on with any content, gaming included. My old sony handled motion a lot better and didnt have that soap opera effect which strains my head.

I have the latest firmware, I really hope there is something I am missing in the settings as I am starting to think I have made a huge mistake in buying this set. The picture is phenomenal with slow moving content I can see that. Any help or info would my greatly appreciated! TIA
it took me a while to get used to it. I had to put my dejudder at a 2 or 3 which was pretty high. Not sure what you're using to watch content but if it's a streaming device, see if there's an option to match the framerate to the display in the settings of the streaming device. Apple TV 4k does it automatically (if you hit the auto setting)

Reactions: HAVIKTBG

·
Registered
163 Posts
welp, returned my 65CX and got a 65C9...put 600 back in my pocket and hopefully now dont have to think about this anymore. I really wonder if the cec issues I was having with my shield have anything to do with the new HDMI 2.1-lite ports in hindsight...
Again, if this is a 10 bit panel, what does it really matter?

Can anyone confirm or deny the ability of GPUs to output to a 10 bit profile? I also need to determine if I need to get the C9 or continue to pursue a CX. I've heard many varying things on this thread which leads me to believe we don't have good data to the real world implications of what this means for the current generation 10 bit OLED panels.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts

Can anyone confirm or deny the ability of GPUs to output to a 10 bit profile? I also need to determine if I need to get the C9 or continue to pursue a CX. I've heard many varying things on this thread which leads me to believe we don't have good data to the real world implications of what this means for the current generation 10 bit OLED panels.
We know that the Xbox One X recognize it as a 10-bit panel. This is my 55C9. I don’t see any reason to believe the results will be any different for the CX. Either way I pulled the trigger for the 77C9 vs availability for the CX. Shows it will be here on the 12th

Attachments

·
Premium Member
83 Posts

Here is proof that NVIDIA GPUs can output 10bit to a CX. This is just on the desktop, no HDR game launched.

This works at 2560x1440p120Hz 422 due to HDMI 2.0 bandwidth. Same for 4K60 - Its 4K60 422 10bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here is proof that NVIDIA GPUs can output 10bit to a CX. This is just on the desktop, no HDR game launched.

This works at 2560x1440p120Hz 422 due to HDMI 2.0 bandwidth. Same for 4K60 - Its 4K60 422 10bit.

Thank you for that screen-cap, that is very helpful!

I guess if that is the case, unless I see something stating with data or examples that video down-converted from 12bit to a 10bit panel is noticeably different than a native 10bit source, I do not see what the fuss is. Deceitful for sure, but does not seem to be a reason to revert to a C9.

I readily admit I am a noob to this and may be missing something.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Has anyone with a CX tried the "AI Picture Pro" setting to see how it affects content?

"The α9 Gen 3 processor’s AI Picture Pro is capable of recognizing faces and text on screen, fine-tuning and sharpening each to produce more natural skin tones, well-defined facial features and clearer, more readable characters."

I did some on/off tests and could not notice any differences.

Source: 4K SDR via Apple TV, upscaled to 4K by Apple TV. The show 'The Last Kingdom'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can I exchange the motherboard of a 65CX with that of my 65C9? I understand that it is the same screen so the differences are on the motherboard

Enviado desde mi GM1917 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Can I exchange the motherboard of a 65CX with that of my 65C9? I understand that it is the same screen so the differences are on the motherboard

Enviado desde mi GM1917 mediante Tapatalk
Curious. WHY would you want to do this?

(I'm trying to wrap my mind around this one).

Gut a 65CX that has the same panel as a C9, replace it with a C9's motherboard, and end up with a C9 just like the one you started with.
THAT is a classic example of a "paradox".

·
Vendor
26,593 Posts
I am sure that motherboard would be expensive.....
Curious. WHY would you want to do this?
Great question, whats the hope of the end goal?

2781 - 2800 of 8336 Posts