AVS Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 12700 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi mate, thanks for the feedback. Is there any way for you to check and make sure what you're getting is based on DolbyTrueHD Atmos and not Dolby Digital+ version of Atmos? My AVR will readout 'DolbyTrueHD Atmos' if it's uncompressed while the readout for compressed will be 'Dolby Digital+ Atmos'. I get the feeling that the CX isn't capable of outputting uncompressed audio over eARC from HDMI sources at all.

Also did you notice any stuttering with the audio when playing back 4K Bluray with Atmos when connected directly to the TV? For me every two minutes or so the audio will drop out completely and won't come back until I change the input of the AVR to a different source and then back to the TV input to get it back again when playing back a 4K BluRay while the Xbox One X is connected directly to the TV. I even went out and bought Belkin's Ultra High Speed HDMI cable rated at 48Gbps to make sure my cables weren't the culprit but I still get the same issue.

The audio plays perfectly when I have the Xbox One X connected to the AVR and then to the TV but that's pointless to me as I can't take advantage of ALLM and VRR. So now I have two problems - stuttering audio that cuts out entirely when playing back compressed (Dolby Digital+) Atmos and the inability to get uncompressed audio such as DolbyTrueHD/Atmos.
No stuttering from my X1X via the Vertex2, but I think you might be right about the CX not putting out lossless audio via eARC, at least with my setup. The MRX 1120 doesn't give detailed info, so I went back to my PC with the Vertex2 and eARC enabled. Only the Dolby sound formats were listed by Windows (no DTS, which is not surprising, but I couldn't get LPCM to show up either, although I believe it did in the past—I'll have to double-check my settings). I downloaded some test files and lossy Dolby soundtracks play, but not lossless ones. Can anyone else confirm whether the TrueHD, Atmos (both lossy and lossless), and PCM soundtracks play from this page via eARC ?

https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/

You could try the DTS page too for DTS-HD MA and DTS:X, but I don't hold out much if any hope there...

https://thedigitaltheater.com/dts-trailers/

Still not sure why the MRX 1120 reports the Game of Thrones season 1 Blu-ray as lossless Atmos via eARC. That's the only exception to what I've written above, but the MRX 1120 doesn't distinguish between TrueHD and Digital+, so I can't be certain what's going on. And I'm still unclear as to whether the Atmos output by the X1X in the system GUI and games (not the Blu-ray app) is based on TrueHD or Digital+.

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Hey y’all. If anyone’s interested, you can order the 77” GX and CX from Best Buy but only via phone order. Still says coming soon online but if you call in they can order it. I have a 77GX being delivered on Monday!
I just ordered the 77C9 for delivery on the 14th because of the coming soon status. I was waiting on the CX. May or may not switch

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only reason im considering returning and getting a C9 is because LG got rid of dts and wont allow dts passthrough via earc. If i wouldve known that before I bought it I wouldve gone with the C9. Very upsetting that LG didnt let us know that DTS was removed completely, passthrough and all
I agree. I'm most unhappy with LG's communication here about both the video and audio downgrades from the C9, which leave us waiting to find out whether Nvidia and maybe HDFury will step up and introduce products that compensate for LG's failings.

I'm on the fence as to whether to try to return my CX 77. I too would have to approach LG directly and it sounds like people are having different experiences with their willingness to issue refunds. The CX is definitely a step up from my old C7, particularly with HDR and Dolby Vision, and I love so many things about OLED. Just wondering whether I should wait and see what happens over the next few months or act now while I know I'll be able to replace it with a C9. For what it's worth, panel uniformity and banding are not the best on my set, but I gather that's more of a hazard with the 77s in particular, so there's no guarantee the C9 would be an upgrade there.

Still curious about whether there are any other subtle improvements to the CX. I know there are different takes on this, but I quite like the Cinema Clear mode for motion when watching 24fps content. Haven't had a chance to experiment with BFI yet. I'm currently calibrating the set with the Calman 2020 beta and the results look promising so far.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes we are all learning. Newbies who say they are also eager to learn, all good!

But when someone posts mis-information, and then they are corrected, and then - despite claiming they "want to learn" - they continue over and over to repost mis-information, that's not ok, and they should stop pretending to be surprised/hurt when they get short shrift. They've said one thing but are doing something different, and it's not ok. They lighting "mis-information forest fires" and we're the ones trying to put them out, and it's very hard work, and this is why people get so angry.
I completely agree with you.
That is why I included my line, " . . . Other times, it's important to really take a second objective look at what people are saying to you."

Just encouraging him to "adjust" to things here and "thicken up his skin". I know I really lacked that when I started here in 2013.

There ARE internet bullies. But you my friend are the anthesis of that. Very knowledgeable and helpful. One of the best.
I have zero issues with the people on this forum. Just trying to help him "sort this out" and take a "second look".

People can tax the patience of even the best of us.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Just when I thought I read every kind of post. One thing for sure, you are ambitious!:)
Thank you sir. You regaled me with a deep, heartfelt laugh precisely in a moment when I need it most. Thank you, really.

Reactions: Sargon 1

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hooked mine up last night... that smell.... that smelly smell... that smelly smell.... that smells....

Damn, hope it goes away after a while.
(Not to marginalize what you are going through, but...) OMG!!!!
Someone just posted how one of my posts made them laugh. Well lightning just struck twice in reverse.

What you WROTE, coupled with your avatar pic - OMG! You've got me belly laughing right now. That is a FIRST on here!
TOO FUNNY!:D:D:D:D (If you "don't get it", look at his original post with his avatar.)THIS just plain "STRUCK" me! Can't stop laughing.

LOVE this site. So MANY different personalities, writing styles, areas of expertise, and just plain shared interests. Does it get any better?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah, I am an obsessive person with stuff...my Q8FN had DSE which drove me insane whenever i used the TV...I cant unsee something once I see it...I wanted to avoid watching a panel uniformity video on youtube knowing how I am, but last night I did, and the 65CX panel I have is flawless. I literally see nothing but gray on the screen on all shades.

My C9 comes today...and I admit it was a bit of a heat of the moment overreaction on my part (i am a console gamer only as well)

Due to the clean CX panel I have, I may just not open the C9 at all, and return it to the store. I have to weigh the potential can of worms I am possibly opening vs being happy for once and not being a lunatic....
Dear Mr. "lunatic" SIR,

Awesome problem!!!!

I thought my C9, despite a few panel uniformity flaws, was about the best damn uniform panel anyone could possibly have.
I'd put it up against ANY of yours. My 5%, 10% slides are really nice etc. But let me get real here, mine are great, but they AIN'T FLAWLESS!

If you have that going on your CX.... and on ALL slides?!!!!!:confused:

Tell you what, I'll send you the money, and you send me your 'inferior frustration-riddin, LG lying-cheatin" CX , put a bow on your uncharted brand new C9, pretend it is X-mas, open it, shake your fist in the air and shout, "Take that LG!":D

(I actually think no DTS is "the" issue for me about the CX if I even have an issue with it. What is your perspective on no DTS?)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Dear Mr. "lunatic" SIR,

Awesome problem!!!!

I thought my C9, despite a few panel uniformity flaws, was about the best damn uniform panel anyone could possibly have.
I'd put it up against ANY of yours. My 5%, 10% slides are really nice etc. But let me get real here, mine are great, but they AIN'T FLAWLESS!

If you have that going on your CX.... and on ALL slides?!!!!!:confused:

Tell you what, I'll send you the money, and you send me your 'inferior frustration-riddin, LG lying-cheatin" CX , put a bow on your uncharted brand new C9, pretend it is X-mas, open it, shake your fist in the air and shout, "Take that LG!":D

(I actually think no DTS is "the" issue for me about the CX if I even have an issue with it. What is your perspective on no DTS?)
lol, you are hilarious man..thank you, i need some humor after the crummy day I had today

Ill take some pics of the cx on a few grayscale slides. My eye is untrained, so you guys can let me know what you think...

The C9 just got here, so its getting close to decision time, although my CX return period closes 4/30...

Reactions: Sargon 1

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey y’all. If anyone’s interested, you can order the 77” GX and CX from Best Buy but only via phone order. Still says coming soon online but if you call in they can order it. I have a 77GX being delivered on Monday!
Just ordered my CX77 very odd procedure. Apparently the BB warehouses have them but the online system only sees individual stores. So you call, get connected to someone at magnolia, then they place the order, send you an e-invoice to pay against, then you pay, then it gets dispatched from central warehouse to local magnolia store. I will be stunned if it arrives quickly.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Silly question...looking at the HDMI bandwidth chart, theoretically, if something is pushing [email protected] 4-4-4 10 bit, that takes 40.1gb. Does that mean there is no bandwidth left for uncompressed eARC audio?

Its unlikely we see [email protected], I know, im just curious

·
Registered
473 Posts
So, what would be the absolute best settings for lowest possible input lag? Is renaming input to PC still needed as well as game mode? Evaluating my GX for stuff like CS GO and similar with the dream of finally getting rid of my last LCD :) Sporting a 1080ti so no GSync option (AFAIK). Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Silly question...looking at the HDMI bandwidth chart, theoretically, if something is pushing [email protected] 4-4-4 10 bit, that takes 40.1gb. Does that mean there is no bandwidth left for uncompressed eARC audio?
eARC uses a sperate pair of wires and doesn't count against the video bandwidth. And the regular HDMI audio coming from the source device also doesn't count against that bandwidth as it's encoded in the horizontal and vertical blanking intervals.

Its unlikely we see [email protected], I know, im just curious
Nope. It's certain we will see 4K120Hz as that's what the consoles are going to output for everything if that's what's chosen in their video config settings. Games are going to be anywhere from 30fps to 120fps depending on the game.

·
Registered
784 Posts
eARC uses a sperate pair of wires and doesn't count against the video bandwidth. And the regular HDMI audio coming from the source device also doesn't count against that bandwidth as it's encoded in the horizontal and vertical blanking intervals.

Nope. It's certain we will see 4K120Hz as that's what the consoles are going to output for everything if that's what's chosen in their video config settings. Games are going to be anywhere from 30fps to 120fps depending on the game.
ah, ok, thanks for the info, im learning as i go!

·
Registered
473 Posts
1. Keep it at 100 and no it doesn't increase burn in potential

2. 85 it the sweet spot

3. No

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

So what does increase burn in potential then if OLED light does not? Or do you men OLED light with ABL kicking in when needed?

3161 - 3180 of 12700 Posts