AVS Forum banner

4341 - 4360 of 8370 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Hi everyone, I have the opportunity to buy the CX from LGs partner website. Basically, my employer gives me a discount on LG products. However, when I go to check out the CX, it asks me to choose a model and shows 4 options. All of them are identical and the model is Model#: OLED65CXPUA.AUS

My question is, what is the AUS? Does that just mean I would get an "Australian" panel while in the US? Anything I should be concerned about?

Interesting question. Unfortunately, I don't know. Hopefully someone here does.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
lol, sorry, i remember you saying you didnt have visible banding and it popped in my head when you said what size cx your is...my bad, i can see how my comment is totally rando
Lol its all good and yea I've heard the 55s have lesser uniformity issues than bigger sizes but imo and experiences I think even the 55s can be a u knw what

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I believe any Vesa 300x200 mount should work.

I'd be very interested in hearing which mounts people have been happy with for their 55" CX as well. I know my current mount won't work, but need to measure carefully as I have an awkwardly placed wall outlet.
What size was your mount? Imma look into the one you mentioned. I don't think many people even mount 55s lol

·
Premium Member
305 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
So it’s not some weird cover but that’s the actual whole input like I thought? I’ve never seen a digital optical input look like that. So you plug the cable directly into that port with the flat side on top? Sorry I have to do all this by flick and not sight.
Yes that's the port itself. There may be some sort of internal flap to stop the laser spewing out I suspect, I'm not a TOSLINK expert. You may be thinking of the smaller mini-TOSLINK version which is like a small phono jack? You can get converters. The connection docking is a bit flimsy I find (less sturdy than HDMI for example or RJ45), but don't tend to move them regularly so doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Reactions: FullyTorqued10

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jason 82

I purchased the new LG CX it is a brilliant TV. The issue I have is when in use the TV produces a smell similar to an electric heater. It’s very strong and worrying. I contacted LG who told me that new TVs can have this due to chemicals used at the warehouse. After a week it still had the problem and was getting worse. The smell appears to be coming from the back where the speakers are. Due to this I contacted the retailer and will be sending back for a replacement. Anyone else had this issue? I always seem to get the faulty TVs.

Hello Jason, we hate to hear that you experienced an issue with your new LG TV and would like to assist. In a private message on Facebook or on Twitter using @LGUS, can you share your name, address, model & serial number and the retailer that you purchased this through? With this information we can expedite a resolution for you. Thanks, LG.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry if I have missed it but can anyone confirm if the CX has the same audio sync issue as the C9 when using a HDMI source to pass-through dolby digital via ARC?
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
RavenBF

Hello all,

I have hopefully a quick question! I just got my 55 CX yesterday and so far it looks amazing. I now have the 55 E6, 65 C8 and now this one. My question....did anyone have a slight odor from their TV? It isn't an acrid electrical smoke type of smell, it is more of a warm plastic smell that I can notice, probably because this TV is in more of an enclosed room. I never noticed this on the other 2 TVs but they both were in my living room when I initially got them. I did a search on the forum and saw a couple of people mention it, and I was just wondering if this is just a smell that will go away after a couple of days usage. It is coming from the right and left hand corners of the top vent on the back of the TV.....and yes I removed the plastic. It looked like there was only one big piece on the back of the display, nothing on the lower portion. Anyway, just paranoid and I really don't want to have to return or get it fixed if it is just something that will go away. Thanks!!

Hello Raven, we hate to hear that you experienced an issue with your new LG TV and would like to assist. In a private message on Facebook or on Twitter using @LGUS, can you share your name, address, model & serial number and the retailer that you purchased this through? With this information we can expedite a resolution for you. Thanks, LG.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lg support in a forum? Wow, how is that?
I don't think I am asking you the question, can you please answer me whether the problem with the black level of the HDR / DV on the C9 / E9 will be eliminated by an update in the near future. The problem also has the new LG2020! The other why LG does not ask for another WebOS superficial for 2019, I'm not talking about the features but new optics would be a nice guest for the loyal customers ???

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I don't think my CX has a smell but I'm not gonna lie I keep going up and smelling the back of it occasionally throughout the day now
mine had the smell for about a week but as time has went its gone away

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry if I have missed it but can anyone confirm if the CX has the same audio sync issue as the C9 when using a HDMI source to pass-through dolby digital via ARC?
Thanks
Sadly I experience major lag when passing through Dolby digital or dolby Atmos with my xbox one X. I have a Marantz sr7010 that have ARC but no eARC. I am ordering the Thenaudio ShARC for eARC. I read that earc will be fine. Btw DTS will not be passed through

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Not technically a Lg CX issue, but wondering why there is a difference in brightness between the LG internal Netflix app and Apple tv 4k netflix app subtitles.

On the CX with subtitles on they are quite bright, on the apple box they are a lot dimmer in comparison.

Using same picture settings so a bit confused.

Anyone else noticed this?
YES. Very much we had banged our heads against this for a week and have been telling anyone who will listen:
YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE BRIGHTNESS LEVEL IS SET CORRECTLY ON BOTH TV AND EXTERNAL DEVICES.

Despite setting an Xbox 1 X to Extended we still had to set the HDMI Port to "LOW" not "AUTO" to make brightness on external devices work correctly.

I still don't know if there is a setting that will make ATV and Xbox work right with Auto but for now using LOW works fine to get the brightness right.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
There are things that judder, things that studder, but that curved tv makes me shudder.

Anyone had a curve tv and actually liked it? Just curious.

Why did LG have them on their 3D OLEDs for a while? They didn't need any quacky off angle help.

But I concede there is a REASON for everything, whether ill conceived or a good idea. What be da reason?
The reason was to look completely ridiculous when mounted on a wall (which is one of the best and nicest thing about having a modern flat-screen TV). Let's reduce our market to only people who don't want to wall mount. And we'll make the entire range bendy so that people have no choice. Brilliant(!). They didn't realise that there was a choice - not to buy those stupid bendy TVs! :)

At least LG has clearly now seen the error of their ways, and both LG and Samsung now even sell "Gallery" TVs designed to mount as cleanly against the wall as possible.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does anyone know if eARC would work with these cables? I see ethernet, does that mean eARC?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24187
FYI Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI cables are offered in two wire gauges (28awg or 34awg) as seen via the link below. Some purchasers have reported occasional HDMI issues when using the 34awg version that went away when exchanged with the 28awg version. Both support eARC.

https://www.monoprice.com/category/cables/hdmi-cables?&menuDisStr=hdmi cables&v_Series_uFilter=Certified Premium Series&TotalProducts=54

4341 - 4360 of 8370 Posts