AVS Forum banner

4681 - 4700 of 8666 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I had to turn the speed down to slowest, cursor to smallest size and still can only use it correctly about 30% of the time.
You do know that you can use the up/down/left/right arrows instead, don't you? :) Combined with the thumbwheel/ok button, you don't have to use the "pointer" function at all if you don't want to.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes i tested it and to me, major improvements in HDR and DV. I'm going to watch more content tonight because it looked too good to be true :)

I don't know if this is the final firmware that's supposed to be released some time in June but i'm sure it's part of it.
Do you think this same update will be released for the c9?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't see any raised blacks at all in any PM. HDR and DV look sharper and a little more depth but once it's available you will be able to see for yourself. In my opinion the HDR and DV PQ are better than my on my Sony when placed side by side. I haven't taken any measurements but i didn't see any visual shifts in the CMS.
that's certainly breaking news.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You do know that you can use the up/down/left/right arrows instead, don't you? :) Combined with the thumbwheel/ok button, you don't have to use the "pointer" function at all if you don't want to.
I know, but I would rather not see that horrid pointer at all. Ah well.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you experience audio delay when watching Dolby Digital content while using Earc?
I have on C9
But in page one I can see the PCM multichannel is fixed? So if you HAD audio delay- do you now use LPCM now? If so, I would know that I should look forward for the SW update to C9.

Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are missing the point of the calibration to match intent. It isn't to match film, because the master's we start from have already been scanned in and converted to digital. The intent is to match the mastering display as closely as possible.

Remember that beginning sequence in Jaws? The woman swims naked into the ocean, and as the shark approaches, there is a shot from below. In the original master version, the scene is quite dark, and you are not sure if she is actually nude. If you do lift the shadow detail, then you can clearly see everything. The detail is there in the master but is meant to be hidden. By changing calibration settings, you completely change the mood of the shot, thus destroying the filmmaker's intent. Whether the genitals of the actress should be visible or not should be up to Stephen Spielberg, not you the viewer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Not to sound like a smart-ass but if the intent was not to see her naked then why would the actress need to be naked in the first place and just have underwear on? I do appreciate your response because in Captain Marvel there is a scene near the beginning where there is a deep cavern that I used to adjust the black level. If I turn the black level down I can see the bottom but the rest of the movie appears a bit washed out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see people every now and then sharing videos by someone I’ll not even name here, but I’m sure you guys know who the guy is, (he’s always bashing LG OLEDs), but anyway, I’d suggest that you guys just stop even clicking on his videos. After watching a couple of his videos in the past, I’ve just come to the conclusion that he’s either a troll, or really delusional. Either way, he puts out so much wrong information that I don’t know how anyone can even watch him. Even a click on his video helps him, so just stopping giving him support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I see people every now and then sharing videos by someone I’ll not even name here, but I’m sure you guys know who the guy is, (he’s always bashing LG OLEDs), but anyway, I’d suggest that you guys just stop even clicking on his videos. After watching a couple of his videos in the past, I’ve just come to the conclusion that he’s either a troll, or really delusional. Either way, he puts out so much wrong information that I don’t know how anyone can even watch him. Even a click on his video helps him, so just stopping giving him support.

You mean the guy who disparages respected reviewers, the guy who trolls their comments page but deletes dissenting comments from his comments page, the guy who charges for his settings even though he knows nothing of calibrating a TV, the guy who's deceptive with his comparisons? Yet somehow his followers believe everyone else is dishonest and he's the one looking out for their best interest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning on getting the CX48 sometime after it releases, and I have a question: if Instant Game Response is turned on, will I be able to use any picture mode I want and still get the lowest input lag for games? Really curious about this as I've heard some say you can, but I just want to make sure :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I see people every now and then sharing videos by someone I’️ll not even name here, but I’️m sure you guys know who the guy is, (he’️s always bashing LG OLEDs), but anyway, I’️d suggest that you guys just stop even clicking on his videos. After watching a couple of his videos in the past, I’️ve just come to the conclusion that he’️s either a troll, or really delusional. Either way, he puts out so much wrong information that I don’️t know how anyone can even watch him. Even a click on his video helps him, so just stopping giving him support.

You mean the guy who disparages respected reviewers, the guy who trolls their comments page but deletes dissenting comments from his comments page, the guy who charges for his settings even though he knows nothing of calibrating a TV, the guy who's deceptive with his comparisons? Yet somehow his followers believe everyone else is dishonest and he's the one looking out for their best interest.
Let’s not beat around the bush here. QuantumTV is DELUSIONAL. I mean that guy is a legit nutcase. Stealing low bit rate footage from one persons page and sharing it on his page as a side by side comparison against his pristine high quality camera footage. That guy has some serious issues. No wonder he wears a mask all the time. And I’m a big Sony guy but he just makes me cringe. He believes HIS A8G is the best TV ever made and there isn’t any set on the market that can compare against HIS TV. Not even another A8G lol. Guys a nutcase.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Let’s not beat around the bush here. QuantumTV is DELUSIONAL. I mean that guy is a legit nutcase. Stealing low bit rate footage from one persons page and sharing it on his page as a side by side comparison against his pristine high quality camera footage. That guy has some serious issues. No wonder he wears a mask all the time. And I’m a big Sony guy but he just makes me cringe. He believes HIS A8G is the best TV ever made and there isn’t any set on the market that can compare against HIS TV. Not even another A8G lol. Guys a nutcase.
Is this that guy who DESPISES, and I mean ABSOLUTELY DESPISES HDR?

There is some guy that shows clips of how it is dark, dull, lifeless, colorless, - thus ruining his video games.
(Shoulda bought an LG!):D Now I made him really mad!:mad: He rants and rants how we've been lied to about HDR.

I for one, still question how HDR brings us closer to the look of film, but geez!!! - I don't HATE it and I certainly am not having any of his issues with it, albeit, I don't play video games.

Come to think of it . . . he also HATES LG TVS.

Again, not sure if he is this ZEALOT.

This guy offers his own unique brand of dogmatic "religion".
Life is so much simpler when others do the thinking for you and then try to shame you into accepting their :mad::mad::mad:'truth'.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this that guy who DESPISES, and I mean ABSOLUTELY DESPISES HDR?

There is some guy that shows clips of how it is dull, lifeless, colorless, and ruins his video games.

I for one, still question how HDR brings us closer to the look of film, but geez!!! - I don't HATE it and I certainly am not having any of his issues with it, albeit, I don't play video games.

Come to think of it, the guy I'm referring to also absolutely HATES ABL/ASBL on his video games and RANTS about how it makes his games dim and he posts sample videos of it.

Come to think of it . . . he also HATES LG TVS.

Again, not sure if he is this ZEALOT. (I may be combining the youtube posts of two different people in my mind).

This guy offers his own unique brand of dogmatic "religion".
Life is so much simpler when others do the thinking for you and then try to shame you into accepting their 'truth'.

So he doesn’t approve of wider color volume either? Sheesh this guy definitely isn’t someone anyone should listen to smh.

·
Vendor
26,639 Posts
Has the 48" CX started showing up at any of the tv retailers in the US? I think the one that was listed on the LG site was wrongly listed as it's no longer there and hasn't been there for several days. I noticed it did already come out in the UK on May 11th, but there seems to be nothing online (that I can find) of anyone picking one up. But the retailer Curry's is selling them.
Not just yet :(

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Well when he own the Sony 900E all OLED displays were deemed inferior. He would get furious with anyone who said the 900E was a mid level LCD TV including Sony marketing which used ratings - 900E best mid level TV - in their advertising.

4681 - 4700 of 8666 Posts