AVS Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 8370 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not to sound like a smart-ass but if the intent was not to see her naked then why would the actress need to be naked in the first place and just have underwear on? I do appreciate your response because in Captain Marvel there is a scene near the beginning where there is a deep cavern that I used to adjust the black level. If I turn the black level down I can see the bottom but the rest of the movie appears a bit washed out.
It was the 70s, and reportedly everybody was naked anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love the pointer! So much easier typing than scrolling between keys with a direction pad.
Also, super handy in the browser.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I can see how some people would like it. Extremely hard to please everyone though haha.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Do you think this same update will be released for the c9?
That would be a disaster. It would brick any C9 if you installed a CX firmware on it, as it's a different model! ;)

Rather, they should implement the same fix in the C9 firmware and C8 firmwares, and re-issue both. (probably what you meant anyway!). That's what they SHOULD do, not necessarily what they WILL do. :mad:

Please, please, do not forget C8 owners. We've been living with these problems for a year longer than you, and we shouldn't be forgotten. You'll be thinking the exact same thing yourself in a year's time when there's an essential fix for the 2021 model, someone says "will we get it for our CX", and you'll think "hey, what about my C9". And it'll be something that LG should have fixed ages ago. :eek:

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I mean that guy is a legit nutcase. Stealing low bit rate footage from one persons page and sharing it on his page as a side by side comparison against his pristine high quality camera footage. That guy has some serious issues. No wonder he wears a mask all the time. And I’m a big Sony guy but he just makes me cringe. He believes HIS A8G is the best TV ever made and there isn’t any set on the market that can compare against HIS TV. Not even another A8G lol. Guys a nutcase.
I use an extension for Chrome called "Improve YouTube", which among many other things, lets you turn off "Autoplay" which is the single most annoying feature. Just because I've loaded a video does NOT mean I want to watch it!
This enables me to click on one of his videos, give it a "thumbs down", including thumb up/down some comments, without once giving him a "view" statistic. Normally, that damn Autoplay would give him a "view" because you can't prevent it playing.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Making sure you don't give the guy another view count before giving a thumbs down. Had no idea it was possible.
Not really "making sure", as I run that extension anyway, and would never be without it. I hate, hate, hate, auto-play everywhere. I do not go to any extra lengths whatsoever for that person.

No, I meant the "username checks out", which I took to mean that you had some access to the back-end statistics of his channel. What did you mean by "username checks out"?
And "petty" which, and apologies if I misunderstood, but that word is generally meant as criticism and not praise.

I obviously don't subscribe to his content nor seek it out, it's misleading lies and I feel pity for his sycophantic followers. But when someone posts it without saying who it is, if I do click on it and find that it's him, I'm just relaxed that the click-bait didn't work on me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not really "making sure", as I run that extension anyway, and would never be without it. I hate, hate, hate, auto-play everywhere. I do not go to any extra lengths whatsoever for that person.

No, I meant the "username checks out", which I took to mean that you had some access to the back-end statistics of his channel. What did you mean by "username checks out"?
And "petty" which, and apologies if I misunderstood, but that word is generally meant as criticism and not praise.

I obviously don't subscribe to his content nor seek it out, it's misleading lies and I feel pity for his sycophantic followers. But when someone posts it without saying who it is, if I do click on it and find that it's him, I'm just relaxed that the click-bait didn't work on me.
I could be wrong but perhaps he is saying that he trusts you. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
You will need to raise the tv for sure for a sound bar. I also went from the Q90R to the CX. Main reason I jumped was the extra gaming features, but moreover because Samsung really destroyed the pq in its game mode by its poor use of local dimming in that mode. Gaming with those elevated black levels in game mode and having essentially a washed out image really killed it for me. I couldn’t be happier gaming on the OLED now. That said I thought I’d only game on the OLED but still watch movies on the Q90R because of its peak brightness and overall stellar LD performance (outside of game mode), but boy was I wrong. While the CX doesn’t get nearly as bright, the infinite contrast & perceived brightness of this OLED is something to behold. I absolutely don’t think I can go back to traditional LCD/LED. Maybe microLED in the future, we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been really disappointed with the DSE on the Q90r - Samsung has been terrible in terms of communication and trying to get the panel fixed - they want over £1000 for me to replace the panel...I couldn't believe it!

I'm a big gamer so the CX and it's future-proof features are really appealing for Xbox Series X and PS5.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Your username: mrtickleuk

"Username checks out, this has tickled me pink."

It's a common meme on reddit where the poster's username correlates directly or indirectly to what they posted.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Your username: mrtickleuk

"Username checks out, this has tickled me pink."

It's a common meme on reddit where the poster's username correlates directly or indirectly to what they posted.
Exactly this. I was impressed that the click baiter had his view count dismissed is all, no ill intent in my comment. Sorry for any confusion :eek:

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
I wouldn't be loading any beta versions since they put out yet another today which means there are bugs. Wait for the official release since it should be soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That would be a disaster. It would brick any C9 if you installed a CX firmware on it, as it's a different model! ;)

Rather, they should implement the same fix in the C9 firmware and C8 firmwares, and re-issue both. (probably what you meant anyway!). That's what they SHOULD do, not necessarily what they WILL do. :mad:

Please, please, do not forget C8 owners. We've been living with these problems for a year longer than you, and we shouldn't be forgotten. You'll be thinking the exact same thing yourself in a year's time when there's an essential fix for the 2021 model, someone says "will we get it for our CX", and you'll think "hey, what about my C9". And it'll be something that LG should have fixed ages ago. :eek:
Ha, yes, of course. My current issue is that I have a C9 coming later this week so I can easily upgrade it to the CX. Thus, my conundrum.

·
Vendor
26,603 Posts
You are probably right, not to mention a hack would be involved.

---Over in the 950G Sony thead someone discovered 950H. firmware can be put on the 950G, no hack required. I bet that loophole will be fixed soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That would be a disaster. It would brick any C9 if you installed a CX firmware on it, as it's a different model! /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Rather, they should implement the same fix in the C9 firmware and C8 firmwares, and re-issue both. (probably what you meant anyway!). That's what they SHOULD do, not necessarily what they WILL do. /forum/images/smilies/mad.gif

Please, please, do not forget C8 owners. We've been living with these problems for a year longer than you, and we shouldn't be forgotten. You'll be thinking the exact same thing yourself in a year's time when there's an essential fix for the 2021 model, someone says "will we get it for our CX", and you'll think "hey, what about my C9". And it'll be something that LG should have fixed ages ago. /forum/images/smilies/redface.gif
Ha, yes, of course. My current issue is that I have a C9 coming later this week so I can easily upgrade it to the CX. Thus, my conundrum.
Unfortunately this doesn't fix the other issues with the CX vs C9 😞

Can someone explain exactly what this issue is that the new firmware is solving? Is there a good work around until then?

·
Registered
134 Posts

Can someone explain exactly what this issue is that the new firmware is solving? Is there a good work around until then?
There are two things for me

1) Raised blacks
2) jrref mentioned that the PQ on the beta is better than before. Until this point, most reviews and comments from owners say that its nearly identical to the C9 and any differences are likely due to panel variation.

If the CX is truly a step up AND the raised blacks are solved while the C9 doesn't receive a fix, I'd personally change my order from a 9 to X. I'm sure everyone has a different opinion on that but for me, that's what matters.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI, not sure if it’s been said yet, but the 48” is available for pre-order from B&H in case anyone is interested.

I’ll personally be waiting for Best Buy for the warranty covering burn in for peace of mind.

Excellent. So I guess they're starting to show up more for pre-order. I think I'm leaning Best Buy too due to the warranty that covers burn in and also the ease of taking back (if I have to) since a store is right up the road.

As is Value Electronics. Mine is scheduled to ship 1 June ish.

CC @TommyJarvis

Nice! I wonder if that that means they're getting them in sometimes this week?

Not just yet :(

:( I was hoping they would start showing up earlier than expected so there could be some hands on.

·
Registered
163 Posts

There are two things for me

1) Raised blacks
2) jrref mentioned that the PQ on the beta is better than before. Until this point, most reviews and comments from owners say that its nearly identical to the C9 and any differences are likely due to panel variation.

If the CX is truly a step up AND the raised blacks are solved while the C9 doesn't receive a fix, I'd personally change my order from a 9 to X. I'm sure everyone has a different opinion on that but for me, that's what matters.
Interesting. I'd love to see some of the issues mentioned. I'm waiting on my C9 to come hopefully tomorrow after not having a tv in 4 years, so I'm completely unaware of the issues. Went with a C9 after reading rtings and some anecdotal reports (also the Nvidia issue with 10bit native output made the C9 a no brainier(, but would be curious to revaluate if there was actually a measured difference.

Hopefully if it's just a SW issue, we'll get it on C9 as well. Wonder where I could go to ask.

4701 - 4720 of 8370 Posts