AVS Forum banner

6961 - 6980 of 8767 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
To clarify (correct me if I'm wrong), Nvidia Gsync works on Freesync displays ONLY through displayport, HDMI is not supported which is why your Nvidia GPU is not enabling VRR with the CX's new Freesync capability.

CX is the only display Nvidia supports Gsync via HDMI currently and it requires a GTX 16 series or RTX GPU.

I'm guessing you're trying to do this because you don't have a Turing GPU for Gsync. If you do have a Turing GPU, disable Freesync Premium and just enable instant game response which will make Gsync available in the Nvidia Control Panel.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
About to fire up the CX for the first time. Took a bit longer than expected to set up after I started. Sooo, what did everyone set theirs on to put the stand on (if you used the stand)? I followed youtube videos and the fairly vague instructions that came with it and had put it face down on the carpet then quickly realized duh the stand sticks out past the front. So I dragged the box back in and laid it down and put the TV on it to get the stand attached.

Really glad I found this from elsewhere in this forum. Go to BestBuy.com. Look up LG OLED (any one) and on the row with the differing views of the products photos, the right side has "4+ videos". Click on that and the resulting page has a video labeled "safely unbox your LG TV".

Good luck to whomever might have this same question.

·
Registered
100 Posts
can someone please help me figure this out, cause I'm getting confused by people in other forums.

I'm looking for a solution on how to get BT transmission from my soundbar to my headphones when I play content from Nvidia Shield Pro.

So people are telling me to connect the Shield to the TV and pass through the audio.

However, being that DTS is not supported on the TV, the DTS audio will not pass through, correct?

Also, if I connect the Shield to the TV and then eARC from TV to eARC of soundbar, will I get lossy Atmos? If I recall correctly, the processor on the TV cannot handle lossless Atmos, so even with Pass through, it will pass lossy atmos.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The updates are on a rolling schedule. It's better to just do it yourself than hitting that button to check for updates, and getting frustrated waiting for your turn to come. It's the exact same file coming over the internet vs on the USB stick, so why wait?
Ah ok, going to do it now then. Downloaded and prepped it already. Also I figured out when I went to log in on the website, it says the account is not related to the TV media accounts so that explains it. I had to create a new account anyway as the one I used a few years ago to register some appliances uses an old email and LG won't let you change it because it's also your username. Kinda dumb, because I literally no longer have the email and can't just re-create it because it was tied to a domain name I dumped lol.

·
Registered
353 Posts
it should work with the cx. i am 97% certain, given that it works with the GX. truth be told i took a bit of a gamble with this. reddit was not definitive on whether it would work. not many people would spend 130 bucks just to have a nicer looking remote that does exactly the same thing as the original. would love to help with the purchase but i bought it directly from LG in the country where I'm based (HK). i basically called LG up and they referred me to their parts procurement department who helped me order it directly from Korea. I would call LG USA if I were you and see where you can go from there. in hk, my gx cost 11k usd, which was a huge pinch in itself so 130 didn't seem that much more, but since the TV itself is half the price, 130 would be a higher % cost of the tv.

edit: credit to @bryantc who tested his 88z9 remote on his prior oled. that's what gave me confidence that it should work with my tv.
Can I have the part number for the remote please?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
So I ran a few color slides on my new CX to look for dead pixels. It seems I spotted a couple just on the red layer. One bunch of like two'ish in the middle of the panel and one more of the same in the upper left area. Is this something I should bother trying to get replaced? I don't see it ever being noticeable while watching anything. Just not sure what to do. Never actually had anything with dead pixels before.

edit: Scratch that, it was a visual illusion of being a cluster of at least two. No way are they going to cover it unless more die. It's literally two pixels on the whole red layer. I pulled out my phone to take a pic of them just in case you guys wanted to see, and I got a really good shot of both to where you could zoom it and see the individual pixels. It was just a single red pixel out in both spots. Somehow visually it creates like a small ring though, like I thought I had a small water spot on the panel when I saw the first one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That looks a nice upgrade for the remote, no play/pause button is a bit of a pain though.
Still tempted though as ordering a 77gx soon.
I just wanted a change from the black one. Pure aesthetic purchase. That’s interesting I didn’t notice at all that they removed the play pause button! I wonder why... clearly there’s enough space to include it if they wanted to.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just wanted a change from the black one. Pure aesthetic purchase. That’s interesting I didn’t notice at all that they removed the play pause button! I wonder why... clearly there’s enough space to include it if they wanted to.
Is the new signature one backlit?
I could live without the play button but like you say there is plenty room for it.. and ff and rw buttons wouldn’t hurt either.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Really glad I found this from elsewhere in this forum. Go to BestBuy.com. Look up LG OLED (any one) and on the row with the differing views of the products photos, the right side has "4+ videos". Click on that and the resulting page has a video labeled "safely unbox your LG TV".

Good luck to whomever might have this same question.
If you want access to your tv service menu, just download the app called Anymote from the google store, press the big "In Start" button and enter 0413 on the remote.

Oh misread, thought you said unlock instead of unbox hehe

·
Registered
293 Posts
Cinema Home for DV is actually quite decent to use during the day or in a bright room, AI brightness on as well in cinema home gives you the dolby vision IQ feature.

Did you change any of the other AI settings for Cinema Home? Out of the box mine forced Real Cinema and TruMotion which I didn't like. Another member here told me it's because the AI features are on by default. Did you just keep AI Brightness on or the other AI settings as well?
I see someone else already answered, but yeah I just keep ai brightness on if i'm using cinema home, that way you get "Dolby IQ"

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi

Just got the 3.10.20 update, Im wondering about the new feature that has been added, AMD freesync premium.

I play on xbox x currently, but unsure if this console will make use of freesync, or is it for the next gen consoles later in the year.

Should I enable this new setting?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is the new signature one backlit?
I could live without the play button but like you say there is plenty room for it.. and ff and rw buttons wouldn’t hurt either.
Nah not backlit. It’s shiny metal. Actually i guess fwd rw play and pause are basically the middle scroll button and the circle buttons? I’ve never ever used the play pause on my old black remote.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nah not backlit. It’s shiny metal. Actually i guess fwd rw play and pause are basically the middle scroll button and the circle buttons? I’ve never ever used the play pause on my old black remote.
Didn’t think so but would have been nice.
Could you possibly pm Me or post here the contact for LG Korea you ordered through and the item code, I take it that item code was for the 2020 remote and not the 2019 one?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’m just about to order the Panasonic ub820 4K player on recommendation. Before I do can I get some thoughts from anyone with experience with 4K players?

It’s going to be paired with my CX that’s why I’m asking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To clarify (correct me if I'm wrong), Nvidia Gsync works on Freesync displays ONLY through displayport, HDMI is not supported which is why your Nvidia GPU is not enabling VRR with the CX's new Freesync capability.

CX is the only display Nvidia supports Gsync via HDMI currently and it requires a GTX 16 series or RTX GPU.

I'm guessing you're trying to do this because you don't have a Turing GPU for Gsync. If you do have a Turing GPU, disable Freesync Premium and just enable instant game response which will make Gsync available in the Nvidia Control Panel.
I have a 2080 ti, and have been using Gsync via instant game response. The reason I was looking forward to potentially using Freesync is its low framerate compensation. I like to play at 4k max settings, which even on a 2080 ti can cause dips below 40fps in a number of games.

Beyond that, I'm also having some issues with Gsync which I was hopeful if Freesync was an option could possibly solve, but seems this isn't an option so I'll instead speak on my issues and hope others have any ideas.

My first issue is the in-game settings for games seem to make use of only the resolutions listed under "PC" in the NVCP. This is an issue because, for example, the 3840x2160 resolution under PC is limited to YUV420 8bit as it only lets you choose a refresh rate of 100hz or 120hz. The 3840x2160 in the list above PC tho lets you select 60hz and thus YUV422 at 10bit for HDR.

Additionally, if I do choose a lower refresh rate in-game, like 60hz, Gsync seems to turn off and the game tears. I seemingly have to keep it set to 120hz, which locks me out of YUV422 10bit at 4k due to HDMI 2.0 limitations.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Didn’t think so but would have been nice.
Could you possibly pm Me or post here the contact for LG Korea you ordered through and the item code, I take it that item code was for the 2020 remote and not the 2019 one?
Thanks again.
i ordered through lg hong kong. i called their service hotline and they transferred me to the parts department that then dropped me a whatsapp and we communicated there. i asked them for the remote for the 88zx (2020 model) and they gave me that part number and they helped me order it to hong kong.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i ordered through lg hong kong. i called their service hotline and they transferred me to the parts department that then dropped me a whatsapp and we communicated there. i asked them for the remote for the 88zx (2020 model) and they gave me that part number and they helped me order it to hong kong.
Thanks again
I notice its the same part number for the 88z9 model also so obviously 2019 remotes work on 2020 tvs.

6961 - 6980 of 8767 Posts