AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 8739 Posts

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
So is there even a trumotion improvement? I would never leave it to off. I can't stand the stutter. I use "clear" on my C9. I can live with rarely artefacts with ease.
Enthusiasts that we are, why is your left speaker not toed-in like your right speaker?

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
So is there even a trumotion improvement? I would never leave it to off. I can't stand the stutter. I use "clear" on my C9. I can live with rarely artefacts with ease.
Compared to my C9 and A9G last night watching content, I did not see any improvement over the C9. I personally recommend TruMotion stay in the Off position..... unless you want to venture in the BFI world.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
[assuming you mean "it"="PS5 or Xbox outputting at 120Hz"]
:rolleyes: If that's true, I'm sure that both Sony and Microsoft will read your comments and then quake in their boots and abandon their plans for launching non-120fps consoles.

I would be happy if the consoles can run a stable 4k/60fps, but I think that may even be in doubt, based on previous history.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Enthusiasts that we are, why is your left speaker not toed-in like your right speaker?
Indeed it does not look like it in the picture, but the distance and angle was measured to perfection ;)

I would be happy if the consoles can run a stable 4k/60fps, but I think that may even be in doubt, based on previous history.
Hopefully consoles use some sort of DLSS like Nvidia GPUs. DLSS 2.0 is a new performance milestone nearly without sacrifcing image-quality or even as good as native 4K.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Compared to my C9 and A9G last night watching content, I did not see any improvement over the C9. I personally recommend TruMotion stay in the Off position..... unless you want to venture in the BFI world.
Hey D-Nice, hope your well and staying healthy. I'm curious if the improvements in general on the CX are worth the extra cost over the C9? I just got the 77 inch C9 and am wondering if the CX is all that much better.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Hey D-Nice, hope your well and staying healthy. I'm curious if the improvements in general on the CX are worth the extra cost over the C9? I just got the 77 inch C9 and am wondering if the CX is all that much better.
If you are a gamer, want better motion, slightly better upscaling, a bigger screen then you may want to upgrade but the CX is an incremental upgrade depending on what's important to you. For me, the improvement in motion was the critical point for me since i'm very sensitive to motion. I use Cinema Clear and like it a lot but everyone has their own opinion. There is no right or wrong. I feel when all is said and done, like previous years there are incremental improvements in some areas.

Reactions: gamermwm

·
Registered
477 Posts
D-Nice, is this comment specific to motion handling in general of the CX in comparison to the C9 and A9G or specifically with respect to using TruMotion?

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you are a gamer, want better motion, slightly better upscaling, a bigger screen then you may want to upgrade but the CX is an incremental upgrade depending on what's important to you. For me, the improvement in motion was the critical point for me since i'm very sensitive to motion. I use Cinema Clear and like it a lot but everyone has their own opinion. There is no right or wrong. I feel when all is said and done, like previous years there are incremental improvements in some areas.
jrref, are you seeing improvements in motion in all content? I don't game a lot and mostly watch movies by HD DVD through an Xbox or Apple TV or cable/xfinnity. I also watch a lot of Sports programming over cable. So is the motion improvement you are seeing mostly when watching movies shot in 24FPS or does it translate to general broadcast TV over cable (also is the upscaling on the CX improved over the CP for broadcast TV?) Thanks.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
thanks jrref, not a gamer so there's that :) Already got the bigger screen at 77 so I think I'll just enjoy my C9 and stay away from the CX Owners thread so I don't get tempted.

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
I did quite a bit of comparisons between the C9, CX and A9G via SDR, HDR and DV yesterday. If you already have a C9, I see no reason to pay extra money for the CX.

Yes, the additional BFI modes are cool. However, if you every get it calibrated, it must be done with the particular BFI mode engaged and if you switch to another BFI setting, or want to turn it off, you need a calibration for that. The motion difference between the CX and C9 are incremental.... incremental in the sense that you will be very hard pressed to see the difference when explicitly looking for differences instead of enjoying displayed content.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m curious about motion handling for 24hz material with the cx. I had a 77” c9 returned last months since I couldnt accept how 24hz looked. (In all other aspects I thought the image was amazing)

How would you guys rate:

C9 vs AG9 vs CX (??)

...with motion handling for 24hz material. (Its a shame my 10 year old pioneer is far superior in this regard - Im aware of the sample and hold dilema)

·
Vendor
26,657 Posts
Are the 77" GX still on target for end of April?
I‘m thinking about buying the CX later this Year but i‘m not sure which size to get. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Stand from the 55 inch and 65 inch Version?

Thx.
I can tell you that if you are considering at 65" then get a 65". I went with a 65" and wish I would have went 77". Now it's 4 years later and I'm upgrading (mostly because of size). I would have been able to wait a few years longer if I just would have gotten the size I wanted.
Yep, #1 reason for buyer remorse is screen size.......

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Dumb question: Cinema Clear uses BFI on low or medium? Should I use BFI on standard movies and TV?

681 - 700 of 8739 Posts