AVS Forum banner

7201 - 7220 of 8862 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
On what, random people complaining on the internet?
I don’t have any faults to report on MY CX as I’m still on older software.
Ah sorry. I thought you were experiencing audio issues with yours. It's funny when people mention they're having issues and don't report them to the manufacturer, especially when the issues are reproducible.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I watch his videos along with HDTV test videos and many other youtubers reviews, I wouldn’t have even mentioned him if I knew he was this hated here on the forums.

Anyways, thanks for your suggestion.
And yet from watching all those videos you asked someone to enlighten you as to why the CX isn't a recommended model, noting "perhaps" there's another side to Quantum TV's recommendation.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Now onto my other questions...I have concern of this tv not being HEVC or H.265 capable since they capped the 2.1 at 40gbps? We will not be able to have H.265 4:4:4 4k at 120hz with this tv? Is it possible to open the full 48gbps on this port by firmware or is it physically bottlenecked? And is this freesync premium or freesync premium PRO with hdr support? You guys are great!
HEVC is a compression algorithm. 4:4:4, aka RGB, is chroma sampling. 120Hz is a framerate. And 40/48Gbps is signaling bandwidth. The compression used and the HDMI port's bandwidth are unrelated. The CX is capable of decoding and playing HEVC files. And an external media device that decodes a HEVC file can send it to the display. If the encoded video is [email protected] 4:4:4, it would be streamed to the CX with 10 bits representing each chroma component.

I don't know if the a9 chip is capable of receiving a 48Gbps signal. My guess is yes. If it is, I'm sure someone with enough time on their hands could hack a firmware to enable it. But that wouldn't achieve much other then being able to say you did it.

Testing with my Xbox and a VRR enabled game, HDR is supported. So that would fit AMD's definition of FreeSync Premium Pro. Also I've never seen them make reference to Dobly Vision being supported, which is why I think when it is enabled the Xbox no longer detects DV support.

·
Vendor
26,667 Posts
I watch his videos along with HDTV test videos and many other youtubers reviews, I wouldn’t have even mentioned him if I knew he was this hated here on the forums.

Anyways, thanks for your suggestion.
One thing is for sure, one TV does not fit all, do your research and buy what fits your situation. There is no wrong answer, I bet if you dropped off a Sony OLED at a LG OLED owners home and left it, thwey do not thorw it away ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
As others have already confirmed on this thread, freesync works with HDR...add to faqs on page 1?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have one serious doubt....
In LG Portugal and LG Spain, they confirmed to me this:

In Europe, the CX has two submodels. The 5LC pressumably has 120Hz refresh panel and 6LB only 100Hz. Someone can prove this?
All LG panels are 120hz. Never trust low level support that read from a spec sheet that is wrong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just received a call.... My CX is being swapped tomorrow! Even though the screen flickered like something that flickers crazy I was still able to find the setting in which I liked and was quite impressed overall.

Can anyone’s shell any light on the AL settings for me please?

I’ve tried them and they don’t seem to do anything at all. I tried the AL brightness in a pitch black room and also in a sunny room and it didn’t make a blind bit of difference? The only thing that did make a difference was the awful AL sound, used the tv internet speakers and it make my tv sound like it was being played in a tin can! lol! Any help wound be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Cool. Nice setup! Clearly your pets were not impressed with what was on the TV at that moment! :D

I think with those bright lights over the table you might find gamma 2.4 still a bit too dark (again there's no benefit in using bt1886 as it's the same as 2.4) but I'm only looking at one picture with the exposure of the camera, not actually being in the room. :)

LOL my wife was coming home from work soon so he was waiting for her. This pic maybe more shows the actual lighting in that area, however as you saw those dining lights are in the field of view from the viewing area. So if you think 2.2 would be a better choice I’ll swap to it. Is 2.4 then more intended for totally dark environments?

Edit: this pic might be a bit darker than normal as well because one if those lights burned out. Stupid cheap LED can lights. That’s the second set in a couple years too. What about dark room with bias lighting being the TV. Would 2.4 or 2.2 be the choice? I know that’s getting OT a bit, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just received a call.... My CX is being swapped tomorrow! Even though the screen flickered like something that flickers crazy I was still able to find the setting in which I liked and was quite impressed overall.

Can anyone’s shell any light on the AL settings for me please?

I’ve tried them and they don’t seem to do anything at all. I tried the AL brightness in a pitch black room and also in a sunny room and it didn’t make a blind bit of difference? The only thing that did make a difference was the awful AL sound, used the tv internet speakers and it make my tv sound like it was being played in a tin can! lol! Any help wound be appreciated.
Do you mean AI as in Artificial Intelligence ?
Its a gimmick read back some posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Do you mean AI as in Artificial Intelligence ?
Its a gimmick read back some posts
Isn't AI Brightness supposed to function like Dolby Vision IQ adjusting for room lighting? I've been trying to figure this out as well.

·
Registered
603 Posts
This pandemic has made me watch a ton of material on the cx i got over 1000 hours on it now damn had it since March
I assume you dont have young kids? My CX from May just hit 90 hours :eek:

After work, and the kids are asleep, i do maybe 2-3 hours a night...need to step up lol

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,214
As others have already confirmed on this thread, freesync works with HDR...add to faqs on page 1?
Added. Thanks!

Isn't AI Brightness supposed to function like Dolby Vision IQ adjusting for room lighting? I've been trying to figure this out as well.
The AI Brightness feature is used for HDR10/HDR HLG content, but the sensor that the AI Brightness feature is using is also used by the Dolby Vision IQ feature for the DV content.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Added. Thanks!

The AI Brightness feature is used for HDR10/HDR HLG content, but the sensor that the AI Brightness feature is using is also used by the Dolby Vision IQ feature for the DV content.
So does it not do anything for SDR profiles? It seems to behave as a separate choice for those as well

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This pandemic has made me watch a ton of material on the cx i got over 1000 hours on it now damn had it since March
I assume you dont have young kids? My CX from May just hit 90 hours :eek:

After work, and the kids are asleep, i do maybe 2-3 hours a night...need to step up lol
LOL I must be trying to catch macmane. I had 24 hours on it when I checked around midnight last night. That's since I fired it up for the first time around 6pm on Monday lol and if anything we've been watching less than we normally do (wife worked the last two days).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quick Switch Between Internal and External Speakers

Getting my 77 inch CX next week! I'm hoping there is a way without going deep into the menus to switch between internal and external speakers. My wife has no patience for my complicated home theater set up (oppo, avr, etc.) so just wants the simplicity of internal speakers for regular tv viewing with Tivo. For our Netflix or blu ray at night she's fine with me doing the audio switching and tweaking. Which leads to this:

Is there a way to create a short cut in the menu that takes me directly to the audio choices?

Would my Harmony remote have that capability?

Any other suggestions to make this painless, especially if I've left external speakers on and my wife needs to switch back.

I know it's a trivial item but as you guys know, happy wife, happy life :)

Thanks!

Reactions: crussellsprout

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Quick Switch Between Internal and External Speakers

Is there a way to create a short cut in the menu that takes me directly to the audio choices?

Would my Harmony remote have that capability?

Any other suggestions to make this painless, especially if I've left external speakers on and my wife needs to switch back.

Thanks!
Short press the settings button on the remote, it looks like a gear. Click down till the speaker is highlighted. Then click left or right till it says the output desired.

You can also edit the setting order by clicking the pencil icon. Then you could move the speaker to the top. Which would remove the clicking down step for the future. Just press settings, then left or right to select audio output.

Also, if you are using ARC and the AVR isn't turned on the TV falls back to internal speakers. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
The longer LG continues to screw over places like Value the more likely I am to wait for 2021 and other vendors to have a 48 or smaller.

7201 - 7220 of 8862 Posts