AVS Forum banner

8581 - 8600 of 13058 Posts

·
Registered
LG CX 55” OLED
41 Posts
Oh, and off-topic, do you know what the new update that just became available addresses, and if it causes any problems? Does it do anything about the raised Dolbyvision blacks? Haven't seen a single soul post about the new update yet...
I’m sorry is there a new update? Which version? Can’t see a new update on the support site.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That’s great.
I am having issues on streaming sources though. On Netflix especially because that’s what i use most.

its the tree dot button to the right of the 0 button. I get 15.25 Mbps. I think this is the max because my brother also got max 15.25Mbps.
I think I’m replacing my cx and hope for the best
Are you streaming Dolby Vision? Some of this could be attributed to Dolby Vision raised blacks that is pending a fix. Though I’m not sure if raised blacks alone cause macro blocking.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
I can't believe you are still at this. It's ok to post problems, but you keep repeating over and over like no one is reading what you posted. Here's what i think. I've read your posts in great detail trying to figure out what you are experiencing. Other's have done the same and many disagree with your assumptions and observations. I'm now suspect of your postings because after i recommended posting your screen uniformity experiences on this thread, OLED Screen Uniformity Discussion-Banding and Vignetting, where you will probably find someone who can probably tell you what you are seeing since there are a lot of very knowledgeable users specifically on this topic, not one post. But you continue to troll this thread with the same observations. I just don't understand but don't be surprised if people start ignoring you here.
Your first instinct is correct no one returns multiple 77” panels calibrates them all and shows up posting a month ago after having an account for 5 years . Owned multiple gx, cx panels and an A9G all in the span of a few months , if that isn’t the definition of a serial returner I don’t know what is .

77CX YTTV AppleTv 4K Sony X800M2 Yamaha V685

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did someone buy a gigabit USB adapter for CX?

I am "a little" suprised about its performance in comparision to the C9 series. I can not watch films more than 120mbps in CX with this new adapter but all is going well in my C9 with the same adaptar (watching videos until 250mbps).

Is there someone testing network capabilities of CX?

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
What movies (and from where) are you trying to stream that require speed of more than 120 mbps?
That was going to be my question :)

77CX YTTV AppleTv 4K Sony X800M2 Yamaha V685

·
Vendor
27,562 Posts
just realized I need to rethink my cable situation next gen if I want full 4K 120fps potential with both new consoles they need to be both directly connected to the TV instead of going through my HDMI switch. hmm...
If there is a will there is a way, I am taking it you are wall mounted?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I just did two back to back speed tests in Netflix and got 221 then 169. That’s on WiFi obviously. My network is gigabit Xfinity and it’s bridged to 1st gen Google WiFi mesh pucks. The primary is right behind the TV. Not sure offhand which puck it actually connected to though. Wish there was an actual Speedtest app. My AppleTV can pull down 950+ on wired on a Speedtest. (8 port gigabit switch connected to primary puck)

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
253 Posts
I just did two back to back speed tests in Netflix and got 221 then 169. That’s on WiFi obviously. My network is gigabit Xfinity and it’s bridged to 1st gen Google WiFi mesh pucks. The primary is right behind the TV. Not sure offhand which puck it actually connected to though. Wish there was an actual Speedtest app. My AppleTV can pull down 950+ on wired on a Speedtest. (8 port gigabit switch connected to primary puck)
Netflix streams 15.6 mb/s for 4K. Someone mentioned this earlier and a helpful tip that I did not know about is if you hit the ... button next to 0 while streaming in Netflix, then information it will give you the stream bitrate and resolution your seeing.

·
Registered
LG CX 55” OLED
41 Posts
Are you streaming Dolby Vision? Some of this could be attributed to Dolby Vision raised blacks that is pending a fix. Though I’m not sure if raised blacks alone cause macro blocking.
Yes for now I have only seen it in Dolby vision. Sdr actually looks pretty good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What movies (and from where) are you trying to stream that require speed of more than 120 mbps?
I usually get videos to promote in these TVs (Professional videos), as I have been doing with my C9 during last year, first with WiFI 5G and then via new USB gigabit adapter.

Since I bought this CX it seems quite impossible to get the same network performance...limited?, I dunno but there is somethig different between these 2 models regarding data transfer.

You can try these tests:

With C9 and WiFi 5G or Usb Gigabit adapter I can play until 250mbps/10bit but with CX I can not manage more than 140mbps.

I would like to test it with another CX users in order to know "where is the real limit" of these new 2020 models.

Regards

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes for now I have only seen it in Dolby vision. Sdr actually looks pretty good.
How's HBO Go for you? Any console games you've seen artifacts in?

I've seen colour banding and some other minor artifacts in Netflix DV as well possibly due to the bug others have mentioned.

Do you see absolutely 0 issues with SDR? Also, when you say SDR what content do you mean? TV or other non-HDR streaming services?

·
Registered
LG CX 55” OLED
41 Posts
How's HBO Go for you? Any console games you've seen artifacts in?

I've seen colour banding and some other minor artifacts in Netflix DV as well possibly due to the bug others have mentioned.

Do you see absolutely 0 issues with SDR? Also, when you say SDR what content do you mean? TV or other non-HDR streaming services?
I mean shows like dark, Vikings, exactly the scene where the macro blocking artifacts would be visible if it was really bad. But even there it wasn’t that bad obviously it was there, but it was really well suppressed. (Here I mean the macro blocking, banding whatever you can see in near black content.
You can test this too with cabin in the woods on Netflix. When the girls enters the basement. I have seen this on the Sony A8 and it was really bad. On the cx actually really well done. Better than on the c9 but slightly.

·
Registered
LG CX 55” OLED
41 Posts
Haven’t watched hbo go.
I mean shows like dark, Vikings, exactly the scene where the macro blocking artifacts would be visible if it was really bad. But even there it wasn’t that bad obviously it was there, but it was really well suppressed. (Here I mean the macro blocking, banding whatever you can see in near black content.
You can test this too with cabin in the woods on Netflix. When the girls enters the basement. I have seen this on the Sony A8 and it was really bad. On the cx actually really well done. Better than on the c9 but slightly.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Did someone buy a gigabit USB adapter for CX?

I am "a little" suprised about its performance in comparision to the C9 series. I can not watch films more than 120mbps in CX with this new adapter but all is going well in my C9 with the same adaptar (watching videos until 250mbps).

Is there someone testing network capabilities of CX?
I got an ethernet to USB adapter from cable matters on Amazon. Works perfectly, 300mbs continuously.

Reactions: meli

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got an ethernet to USB adapter from cable matters on Amazon. Works perfectly, 300mbs continuously.
Hi Jrref,

Thank you for yor feedback.

Regsrding that 300mbps, could I know how did you test it?. I am not capable to make any test via browser like speedtest or fast.com.

What USB adapter are you managing?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, everybody,

Quick question about the slab.

I noticed micro dots (white) on the slab. It is impeccable, but I don't know how to explain it.

If you want to do the test, take a soft cloth or micro fiber, and with the flash of your phone, come closer by looking at about ten centimeters from your slab, TV off) and tell me if you see those dots there. It looks like an imperfection in the tiles, I'd just like to see if other people see it.

It looks like a lint deposit, but I can't quite define it.

The TV is brand new and no cleaning yet.

Thank you for doing the test (you really need to be careful), I would just like to be reassured that this is inherent to glass tiles in general.

8581 - 8600 of 13058 Posts