AVS Forum banner

8621 - 8640 of 12449 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your problem has more to do with your viewing distance. At such close proximity, the viewing angle plays a major factor. I’m at about twice the relative distance (77” at 8 feet) which works much better. These OLED screens have a very good viewing angle compared to the competition, but you’re pushing it. The reddish tint itself can be corrected for.
Thank you! But to confirm, the tint I am seeing is NOT the problem of a fault in the panel, the result of panel variance, burn-in, or damage to the pixels etc, but rather just a result that would happen on any other 48" CX OLED Panel?

I am interested in how it could be corrected for as well. Again, thanks for the info! Would save me a huge hassle of returning it and swapping for another of the same model only to likely have the exact same issue.

·
Banned
40 Posts
3rd 77" LG CX with a July build date. Worst cross hatching of the 3 and major uniformity issues to boot. Curious as to how much of this (besides the cross hatching) will clear up after an automatic compensation cycle. Has anyone ever had, or seen a panel this bad on a 5% IRE full field pattern?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
This helps me understand thank you. I get between 300Mbps and 400Mbps bandwidth wise for the TV using WiFi. I am able to test this right from my router to this device.

I don’t think I have any content to test but I’ll see if I can find something and will report out.
It could be a good approach.I do not know if you have USB Gigabit adaptar but would be a great test aswell.

Please, count on me if you need any content or support to try it.

Thanks

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Sony XBR-65x930e
230 Posts
It could be a good approach.I do not know if you have USB Gigabit adaptar but would be a great test aswell.

Please, count on me if you need any content or support to try it.

Thanks
So I found these Jelly Fish Video Bitrate Test Files via Google. I downloaded the 100Mbps, 200 and 300 files. I just used the built in media share between TV and PC. Was not able to stream cleanly. I don’t have time to mess with it further but I don’t think it’s the TV. Could be a PC issue or something else on my end as monitoring bandwidth of the TV and it was practically idle with my networking tools.

If I get some later or this weekend I will try to look at it further.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
For instance, you have Gemini Man, 4K HDR 60 FPS which requires almost 90mbps bitrate. I think it has some peaks above 130-140mbps and those are figures CX can not manage neither WiFi 5Ghz nor USB Gigabit adapter.

I did not know anyone able to play these kind of videos via DLNA or Plex.

Frustrating.

P.D: These videos in a C9 run smoothly...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The CX can handle a USB Gigabit adapter just fine. Since the ports on the TV are only USB 2.0 it maxes out at 480Mbit/s. If you are using a 10/100/1000 USB network adapter and you are still having issues with 4K HDR @ 60 FPS, then the problem is with your internet provider or router or something else.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Normal, you are seeing the effects of the panel filter.
Hey Jrref,

I need some expert advice, please. What I'm dying to learn more about and what I really can't get my head round is what hardware issue could possibly manifest itself in artifacts such as colour banding or macro blocking. I'm no expert by any means but I wouldn't think that a defective panel could cause such artifacts. Panel defects typically result in uniformity issues such as vertical banding and tinting. Could near-black artifacts be caused by a defective a9 chip? Maybe but if the CPU was actually defective I wouldn't think you could even turn the TV on? Or at least you'd have a host of other issues as well like defective HDMI ports etc etc

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thank you! But to confirm, the tint I am seeing is NOT the problem of a fault in the panel, the result of panel variance, burn-in, or damage to the pixels etc, but rather just a result that would happen on any other 48" CX OLED Panel?

I am interested in how it could be corrected for as well. Again, thanks for the info! Would save me a huge hassle of returning it and swapping for another of the same model only to likely have the exact same issue.
Yesterday I think someone mentioned here that many panels have a slight reddish tint to them under certain circumstances. LG calibrates these panels to a reasonable extend, so that most people don't feel the need to do anything more than chose their preferred Picture Mode and White Balance. There is a GX/CX calibration topic on this forum, which also has tips on trying out some 2-point color adjustment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The CX can handle a USB Gigabit adapter just fine. Since the ports on the TV are only USB 2.0 it maxes out at 480Mbit/s. If you are using a 10/100/1000 USB network adapter and you are still having issues with 4K HDR @ 60 FPS, then the problem is with your internet provider or router or something else.
It is clear CWaffles, I am trying to understand if this is due to my specific TV or it is something related with the CX series.

I have tried with a C9 at the same place, same network, same adapter and it works perfectly. CX does not pass any speed test and I have issues running that kind of videos.

Have you tried to run a test with Gigabit adapter?

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Hey Jrref,

I need some expert advice, please. What I'm dying to learn more about and what I really can't get my head round is what hardware issue could possibly manifest itself in artifacts such as colour banding or macro blocking. I'm no expert by any means but I wouldn't think that a defective panel could cause such artifacts. Panel defects typically result in uniformity issues such as vertical banding and tinting. Could near-black artifacts be caused by a defective a9 chip? Maybe but if the CPU was actually defective I wouldn't think you could even turn the TV on? Or at least you'd have a host of other issues as well like defective HDMI ports etc etc

Any thoughts?
Go to this thread and i'm sure you will get someone to point you to all the discussions on this topic.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I would like to know where some of these panels are coming from because I would never buy a panel from there. The bonus is they are returned “calibrated”.

77CX YTTV AppleTv 4K Sony X800M2 Yamaha V685

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would like to know where some of these panels are coming from because I would never buy a panel from there

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I never said I had major issues with my panel. I'm genuinely interested to know whether the above mentioned issues could even be caused by a hardware fault as my opinion is that they could not but rather have to do with issues with the firmware.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I never said I had major issues with my panel. I'm genuinely interested to know whether the above mentioned issues could even be caused by a hardware fault as my opinion is that they could not but rather have to do with issues with the firmware.
Sorry didn’t mean to quote you.

·
Vendor
27,441 Posts
3rd 77" LG CX with a July build date. Worst cross hatching of the 3 and major uniformity issues to boot. Curious as to how much of this (besides the cross hatching) will clear up after an automatic compensation cycle. Has anyone ever had, or seen a panel this bad on a 5% IRE full field pattern?
Their have been other panels like this. You have to get some hours on it and run the comp cycle to see what clears up. If you are searching for a perfect panel out of the box, it can happen but would be very, very rare.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That bright white spot will probably go away. I had a spot similar to that and it is completely gone after the first comp cycle. I've never had any crosshatch problems though and my panel is from July 2020. Most likely it's only a problem from a specific factory that supplied the panels to the area where he purchased the three panels.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just got a 77 CX yesterday. Loving it so far!
One issue is that I have the sonos arc 5.1 system, and sometimes when changing inputs or sound formats, I get a strange sound from the bar that’s real quick. Hopefully it’s not damaging the speaker. My sources of Apple TV 4K and Xbox One X both exhibit the behavior. Didn’t have this issue with previous TV (didn’t have eArc). I did enable eArc on the port too. Any ideas? Been searching with no info.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is clear CWaffles, I am trying to understand if this is due to my specific TV or it is something related with the CX series.

I have tried with a C9 at the same place, same network, same adapter and it works perfectly. CX does not pass any speed test and I have issues running that kind of videos.

Have you tried to run a test with Gigabit adapter?
I currently using the adapter I have mentioned in a couple of other posts (USB 3.0 10/100/1000 adapter). I get significantly better speeds using the USB adapter than if I'm connected to my wireless. Are you making sure to disconnect from wireless on the C9 and CX when running the test? There is no reason I can think of in which that adapter should work fine on a C9 but not a CX.

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
Why can't you just post this in the dedicated screen uniformity thread instead, as has been suggested many times already? There are experts there who can suggest a lot more than here. Since all OLED panels are made by LG Display, it avoids duplicating 3 or 4 different manufacturer's Owner's threads with the exact same stuff, and it pools knowledge with a much more diverse set of pictures to compare with and is generally better for everyone.

8621 - 8640 of 12449 Posts