AVS Forum banner

901 - 920 of 8447 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I posted to quick. I just noticed some adapter that would be a different way to go. Looks like I’m going to be pulling the component wire from the wall and replacing it with an HDMI. I want to thank everyone for there help 🙏 much appreciated!

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
I just realized that the CX does not have component input. My kids still love playing the original wii and it’s ran through the wall with component. Do I have a work around? Can someone recommend a quality adapter (component to hdmi)?
My B6 had two 3mm jack inputs one for audio and one for video. I’m only see composite with the X.
The B6 had come with adapters. One 3mm jack with white and red for audio and one with red, green and blue for video. The CX only come with one 3mm jack for composite video it seems.
Audio video receiver would have component in and then HDMI out......

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Audio video receiver would have component in and then HDMI out......
Some do. Some don't, A lot of the lower end models don't re-encode the signal they only switch so component in only goes to component out. HDMI in only goes to HDMI out. I was surprised to first time I helped a friend hook up a lower end AVR and couldn't make sense of why the component and composite devices gave no signal on HDMI.

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I don’t understand. Why cheap out and remove the component input and keep the composite? Composite is the older of the two inputs.
Be grateful you have even one. It varies from country to country. Here in the UK we have neither! Just a headphone socket and an optical out, along with the 2 usb and 4 HDMIs.

I think the point of 4 HDMIs is that once you have number 2 connected to your AVR or Soundbar, you still have 3 spare ones for older devices via HDMI adaptors.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Wait, what?!? No S-Video support? I have a large box of SVHS tapes I need to watch...

Actually on the component to HDMI front I have used them in the past successfully. I think I got rid of my last one about 5 years ago. But, I still use some composite to HDMI adapters.

I would love to see first hand reports on the GX once they start shipping. I have one on preorder, only reason over the CX was the ATSC3.0 tuner. My local stations are supposed to start broadcasting this year in ATSC 3.0.

·
Registered
414 Posts
65 CX came early to Best Buy store. In the back of my car right now headed home to hook her up! I’ve ordered an HDMI to component adapter off eBay should arrive Tuesday. Thanks again to everyone for their help

·
Registered
751 Posts
65 CX came early to Best Buy store. In the back of my car right now headed home to hook her up! I’️ve ordered an HDMI to component adapter off eBay should arrive Tuesday. Thanks again to everyone for their help
Can't wait to hear your impressions!

·
Registered
4 Posts
First impressions of CX "65 that I have had for a few days. Not an advanced tech person here. For reference, I use the TV 80% for gaming, and 20% for streaming (youtube tv, netfilx, etc) and I am coming from a LG B7
1) Standard non-HDR picture is essentially the same to my old B7. Uniformity and "cleanliness" of screen seem improved. There may be improvements but my eye would not be able to tell
2) In terms of HDR, the picture is improved, and definitely brighter than my B7.
3) Does seem as others have mentioned DTS is not supported
Being a gamer I upgraded primarily to future proof with HDMI 2.1 and the new systems coming out, and I like to upgrade sets every three years or so. The HDR is definitely an improvement over the B7 no question. Overall happy with purchase. Can't say its a $2,700 worth improvement, but I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The price you pay for being a TV snob :)
If anyone has any gaming related questions (I currently use with PS4 PRO and Xbox One X) please let me know.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
First impressions of CX "65 that I have had for a few days. Not an advanced tech person here. For reference, I use the TV 80% for gaming, and 20% for streaming (youtube tv, netfilx, etc) and I am coming from a LG B7
1) Standard non-HDR picture is essentially the same to my old B7. Uniformity and "cleanliness" of screen seem improved. There may be improvements but my eye would not be able to tell
2) In terms of HDR, the picture is improved, and definitely brighter than my B7.
Being a gamer I upgraded primarily to future proof with HDMI 2.1 and the new systems coming out, and I like to upgrade sets every three years or so. The HDR is definitely an improvement over the B7 no question. Overall happy with purchase. Can't say its a $2,700 worth improvement, but I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The price you pay for being a TV snob :)
If anyone has any gaming related questions (I currently use with PS4 PRO and Xbox One X) please let me know.
Any burning smell from the back as others have noted?

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
65 CX came early to Best Buy store. In the back of my car right now headed home to hook her up! I’ve ordered an HDMI to component adapter off eBay should arrive Tuesday. Thanks again to everyone for their help
Let us know if that works as sometimes they do not. Some devises require HDCP compliance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Being a gamer I upgraded primarily to future proof with HDMI 2.1 and the new systems coming out, and I like to upgrade sets every three years or so. The HDR is definitely an improvement over the B7 no question. Overall happy with purchase. Can't say its a $2,700 worth improvement, but I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The price you pay for being a TV snob /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Any burning smell from the back as others have noted?
no smells coming from mine

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to say if you didn't see any difference in PQ between the C8 and C9 then you won't see it with the CX. There definetly was visible improvements in most areas of PQ on the C9 but you are not seeing them so you don't need to worry.
So I’m not crazy! I swear my C9 looks improved over my dads C8 but from most reviews people make it sound like there’s no difference. Overall the C9 looks sharper with less noise to me. I just wish I didn’t have tinting like his C8. Ha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hiya folks,

Just finished setting up my CX 65 delivered from Best Buy. All good so far but missing a critical "component" - anyone know if it's worth buying a Nvidia GTX with VRR/G-Sync support, or wait out for future GPU to be released? (like Ampere?) I'd like to take full advantage of hdmi 2.1 / g-sync / hdr. Unsure if the current GTX's are full spec'd to support hdmi 2.1. Currently hot-dogging a couple 10 year old GTX580's.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hiya folks,

Just finished setting up my CX 65 delivered from Best Buy. All good so far but missing a critical "component" - anyone know if it's worth buying a Nvidia GTX with VRR/G-Sync support, or wait out for future GPU to be released? (like Ampere?) I'd like to take full advantage of hdmi 2.1 / g-sync / hdr. Unsure if the current GTX's are full spec'd to support hdmi 2.1. Currently hot-dogging a couple 10 year old GTX580's.
No current PC GPU or Console supports HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X supports some stuff like VRR and ALLM. The next batch of Nvidia cards and the upcoming Xbox Series X and PS5 will have HDMI 2.1. So if you can, wait. I currently have a 2080ti with my C9 and it is fantastic.

901 - 920 of 8447 Posts