AVS Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 8914 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thank you D-Nice! Two quick follow-up questions:

1. With Tru-motion off, is your CX's motion resolution improved over the C9?
  2. Would most owners notice any Tru-motion anomaly with it set to 0 and BFI at low or medium? It may be very useful for the vast majority of users, but appreciate and value your opinion on if you think this is a good solution for most users.

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
Thank you D-Nice! Two quick follow-up questions:

1. With Tru-motion off, is your CX's motion resolution improved over the C9?
  2. Would most owners notice any Tru-motion anomaly with it set to 0 and BFI at low or medium? It may be very useful for the vast majority of users, but appreciate and value your opinion on if you think this is a good solution for most users.
1. No.
2.Leave it Off. I wasn’t even looking for TruMotion anomalies and found them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank you for your answer D-Nice,
then I can say with confidence that I have my C9 and have not waited for the CX, since I tend to have all the image improvers BFI off, my SDR with LS calibrated to 100% and my DCI and Bt202 are at 97% and 71% am happy with it👍

·
Registered
232 Posts
Please read the footnote on that page. AV1 support is limited to the 2019 8K model with an 8K decoder box.
I read it that it is only supported on the 8K model if the 8K Upgrader is attached, not that it is limited to the 8K model.
[edit]Just tried with an AV1 test file and the internal media player of my C9 could not play it. Bummer :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
LG GX flush-wall mount is included (USA)

@Stevetd; @UltraHD enthusiast; @ttusqrl

Copied and pasted from the 2020 LGE/USA GX product information sheet:

*Flush-wall mount included, stand not included. Stand available for separate accessory purchase.

and as confirmed by a V E online post earlier today:

“the LG's GX series is also know as the "Gallery Edition" and it comes with the no gap wall mount built-into the TV.“

Tom’s Guide online article with backside photo of GX’s included flush-wall mount:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/lg-gallery-oled-tv-is-stunningly-thin-and-smart-enough-to-let-you-buy-what-that-actor-is-wearing

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I've only been following this thread recently. Are the issues that D-Nice found fixable through updates? I'm wondering if it's worth getting the CX vs the C9. I'm not sure what (if any) benefits there are for getting the CX over a discounted C9.

·
Vendor
26,675 Posts
“the LG's GX series is also know as the "Gallery Edition" and it comes with the no gap wall mount built-into the TV.“

Tom’s Guide online article with backside photo of GX’s included flush-wall mount:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/lg-gallery-oled-tv-is-stunningly-thin-and-smart-enough-to-let-you-buy-what-that-actor-is-wearing

That is pretty darn close. Close enough for me without the wall paper price tag. Hard to believe that TV works being that thin, where in the heck are the speakers and boards.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

*Flush-wall mount included, stand not included. Stand available for separate accessory purchase.

Note that the Best Buy 65GX product info page includes some rear panel photos, too.

Does anybody know if the optional stand is available now and if so how much?

Reactions: crussellsprout

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
@D-Nice
I'm buying completely new coming from a B6. I also use a streaming stick and AVR (no internal apps), I'm also a PC gamer. Price not being a factor and knowing these facts, is the CX at least on-par with the C9 or is it worse?

Reactions: WOLVERNOLE

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts

Note that the Best Buy 65GX product info page includes some rear panel photos, too.

Thanks for the info. Still no full rear image even at the Best Buy sight. Also, now I'm wondering if the required wall mounting hardware come with the TV or needs to be ordered separate?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I'm buying completely new coming from a B6. I also use a streaming stick and AVR (no internal apps), I'm also a PC gamer. Price not being a factor and knowing these facts, is the CX at least on-par with the C9 or is it worse?
I'm in the same situation as you. I want to upgrade my 65" B6 with a 77" C9 or CX.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I've gotten my second 55 CX and its much better as far as that tint I had on my 1st one and the uniformity is great as well. Imo alone i think the uniformity alone is wayyyyy better than the c9 and that alone was my biggest concern. The mura or dark blotches on both cxs I had were immaculate all the way down to 1 percent gray slides compared to the c9s I've had ( went through 4). I still feel if u have a gold c9 don't upgrade but anything below that or a prviohs years model I would buy one. MINDHUNTERS episode 8 I forgot time stamp but when the officer is walking in the dark room looking for the girl is the perfect torture test for banding even better than Marco Polo. That scene will tell u what type of set u have I guarantee it lololol be careful

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've gotten my second 55 CX and its much better as far as that tint I had on my 1st one and the uniformity is great as well. Imo alone i think the uniformity alone is wayyyyy better than the c9 and that alone was my biggest concern. The mura or dark blotches on both cxs I had were immaculate all the way down to 1 percent gray slides compared to the c9s I've had ( went through 4). I still feel if u have a gold c9 don't upgrade but anything below that or a prviohs years model I would buy one. MINDHUNTERS episode 8 I forgot time stamp but when the officer is walking in the dark room looking for the girl is the perfect torture test for banding even better than Marco Polo. That scene will tell u what type of set u have I guarantee it lololol be careful

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

It starts at 47:13 - damn this scene is dim in DoVI!!! Not sure how it appears in SDR or HDR 10. It's dim but uniformly so and with IRE 5% & lower gradation pretty much the only thing visible lol.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you. I want to upgrade my 65" B6 with a 77" C9 or CX.
Welp, given that the 77CX is currently, less than the 77C9 it's almost a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Thanks! I need that guide sheet! LOL, the reason I’m so concerned about everything is I just redid my wall and installed a recessed box for the power outlet, HDMI and CAT cables. I am hoping like heck it will fit and be hidden behind the TV.
I am in the same boat. I have power and connections on the wall already, and I hope that I do not have to move them to get them to line up with the recessed area behind the TV. I guess it would not be the worst if it was 1/2 inch or less off the wall, but still would be nice to have it flat.

Note that the power plug is attached at the bottom of the screen. It has an EU one on it, but it is 90 degrees. Hopefully the US version will be 90 flush plug too.

1021 - 1040 of 8914 Posts