AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with PC Richard? I didn't do well with the one location that I called
I called my location to see if they were comfortable sharing what they charged me the TVs and he said no. On the CX he said the best they would repeat is $2399.

As always, YMMV depending on the sales person you get. I believe the margins on the C9 are higher right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Picked up a 65 inch CX from Costco this morning, apparently they only got the shipment in last night. $2,449 and it qualifies for the free extended Square Trade Warranty, but make sure you ask because it's so new that no one was sure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I still like Value Electronic's deal where you get the full featured CX and their $250 store credit that pays for the 5 year Mack warranty. You also save on the sales tax. I think it's also a good idea to check with Cleveland Plasma.

Costco's CX is a special model made for them and lacks the WiSA wireless speaker capability and a couple other features.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Picked up a 65 inch CX from Costco this morning, apparently they only got the shipment in last night. $2,449 and it qualifies for the free extended Square Trade Warranty, but make sure you ask because it's so new that no one was sure.
Did they try telling you it was an "online order only" type thing or did it prompt them to throw in the ST warranty when then scanned it? Stopped in to my local Costco this afternoon and the guy didn't know anything about the free warranty and tried telling me it was online only.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did they try telling you it was an "online order only" type thing or did it prompt them to throw in the ST warranty when then scanned it? Stopped in to my local Costco this afternoon and the guy didn't know anything about the free warranty and tried telling me it was online only.
No, they were advertising the squaretrade warranty for the C9's and I asked if it applied to these as well. No one had any idea until they were ringing me up at the register and the 3 year warranty was applied.

What I would do is go in, buy the TV, tell the checkout person that you're going to pay for the warranty with the assumption that you will get a credit offset. If the credit offset doesn't happen, cancel the transaction.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
latest finding

Finally pulled the trigger for an LG OLED 77CXPUA from VE. Prices seem to be dropping rather quickly even though, for me, unable to find any currently in stock. Second place was Cleveland AV, third was Buy Dig and Greentoe not even offering as an option yet. Could have saved another $500 had I gone with a C9 but once I got it in my head that I "NEEDED" the CX, was unable to get my brain to think rationally and went for the "latest". And now the waiting game. In lock up with Corona (don't have it but quarantined like most of the rest of us) for 9 weeks now, I'm sure the next 2 or 3 weeks will be the slowest ever!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
What's EV? I haven't noticed the prices dropping on the 77-inch CX.

OOps, dyslexic here, "Value Electronic". When I started looking last week, prices were around $4995. Now seeing them advertising around $4500 and doing research, able to find lower.

·
Registered
779 Posts
OOps, dyslexic here, "Value Electronic". When I started looking last week, prices were around $4995. Now seeing them advertising around $4500 and doing research, able to find lower.
Did they give you a shipping date? What are you going to do with the store credit?

edit: I guess that's only with the 65-inch

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Did they give you a shipping date? What are you going to do with the store credit?

Store credit?? Know nothing of that. See your PM.

Cleveland said any day now although I'm seeing Buy Dig saying end of month. VE said a possibly a few weeks but probably sooner.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I assume the 77" will hit 3-3.5 for the fall sales this year, at least I hope, and I will absolutely upgrade my C8 65" if so. I already set money aside. This, matched with a PS5 is going to be blast. Might be time to buy a wheel for GT7 for real immersion. :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I assume the 77" will hit 3-3.5 for the fall sales this year, at least I hope, and I will absolutely upgrade my C8 65" if so. I already set money aside. This, matched with a PS5 is going to be blast. Might be time to buy a wheel for GT7 for real immersion. :cool:

This is where I’m at, too. Would love to see $3k. My worry now is if COVID is going to hurt that possibility if stock is lower than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just offered greentoe $3199 for the 77C9, they countered with $3599... $3599 for this TV seems like an amazing deal.

Hi xxxxxx,

I have some great news on your Greentoe purchase offer. We can save you $1205!

The lowest price online for the LG C9PUB 77" Class HDR 4K UHD Smart OLED TV (2019) is $4499 at Amazon . The Amazon after-tax price to you is $4804.

If you raise your offer to $3599, it will get accepted instantly and the total savings compared to Amazon will be $1205. This $3599 price we got you is the TOTAL AMOUNT that you will be charged (including shipping).

Please Note: The retailer does not charge tax in MO and shipping is free! The total price you will pay is $3599

If you are interested please let me know by replying to this email or changing your price here. Also if you have any questions, feel free to reply and I'll get back to you right away.

By the way, I noticed you added an extended warranty to your offer. The above pricing is before the warranty and that order will be processed separately once this offer is accepted. You can make changes to your extended warranty selection by clicking here. Thanks,

Chris
Greentoe Customer Service Team

181 - 200 of 288 Posts