AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
But you have the wrong data listed for Value Electronics, they have a solid 5 star rating and the average is 9.87 of of a possible 10 being best.
I used the lifetime score for all three dealers. The main score shown is heavily weighted to emphasize the most recent 6 months of reviews. Value Electronics does come out better with the main score.

Really, you probably won't go wrong with any of the three.

This is the Great Found Deals! > 2020 LG OLED Deals thread.

It is just for posting great deals found on 2020 LG OLEDs.

;)
I get what you're saying. There was more discussion than I would have liked on the dealer ratings, but I think it does relate. All three offer deals on the CX. When considering a deal, I think it's good to know if the sellers have a good reputation.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm in the market for a 55CX and a 65CX (remodel finishing touches). Is there a best source currently for pricing? I see CP is still good. I'm in NorCal. Also, any recommendations on an ultra slim mount? I'll need two of those also.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm in the market for a 55CX and a 65CX (remodel finishing touches). Is there a best source currently for pricing? I see CP is still good. I'm in NorCal. Also, any recommendations on an ultra slim mount? I'll need two of those also.
You don't want the GX?

·
Registered
436 Posts
You don't want the GX?
First thought: bastard! why would you even make me look! /s

Second thought: maybe I should look at the GX (looks)

Third thought: want it

Final thought: realistically, with the content we watch (95% streaming from Netflix/Hulu/Amazon + AppleTV HBO/Shudder) I don't think we'd ever appreciate the difference from the CX to the GX. I have 2 B7's at my house and love them and GF (it's her remodel but I'm buying the TVs because I want them) doesn't understand why I want new TV's at her place (Vizio and LED Samsung). Honestly, the BX would probably be fine but I'm not without a decent need to get the newest and shiniest thing.

Edit: Damn you! Going with the GX for both TVs. The wall mount is included AND I literally just found out I can get a discount through LG directly via my Passport Card so it will cost about as much as the CX + wall mount.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You don't want the GX?
First thought: bastard! why would you even make me look! /s

Second thought: maybe I should look at the GX (looks)

Third thought: want it

Final thought: realistically, with the content we watch (95% streaming from Netflix/Hulu/Amazon + AppleTV HBO/Shudder) I don't think we'd ever appreciate the difference from the CX to the GX. I have 2 B7's at my house and love them and GF (it's her remodel but I'm buying the TVs because I want them) doesn't understand why I want new TV's at her place (Vizio and LED Samsung). Honestly, the BX would probably be fine but I'm not without a decent need to get the newest and shiniest thing.

Edit: Damn you! Going with the GX for both TVs. The wall mount is included AND I literally just found out I can get a discount through LG directly via my Passport Card so it will cost about as much as the CX + wall mount.
Damn, I should get some commission. Are you able to share more about how you got such a good deal?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Damn, I should get some commission. Are you able to share more about how you got such a good deal?
My employer offers a Passport Card as an employee perk, the LG deal (directly from LG) is through that. With tax (9.25%) and shipping the 55GX is $2K and the 65GX is $3K. It's about $1K more than I wanted to spend, but I'll never second guess it and will save about $200 on mounts. I'll check locally to see if Video Only or Best Buy will match that price but it looks like the best deal I've seen and looks to be about $1K less total than what the going rate is currently.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
My employer offers a Passport Card as an employee perk, the LG deal (directly from LG) is through that. With tax (9.25%) and shipping the 55GX is $2K and the 65GX is $3K. It's about $1K more than I wanted to spend, but I'll never second guess it and will save about $200 on mounts. I'll check locally to see if Video Only or Best Buy will match that price but it looks like the best deal I've seen and looks to be about $1K less total than what the going rate is currently.
If it's not a lot of hassle, can you check the Passport Card price for a 77CX?

I don't have a Passport Card but I could buy one as an individual.

I live in San Jose so tax rate and shipping should be similar.

TIA

·
Registered
436 Posts
77GX $5100
77CX $4250
both show OOS but you can probably get on a waiting list

edit: wasn't logged in to show correct price, now changed

If it's not a lot of hassle, can you check the Passport Card price for a 77CX?

I don't have a Passport Card but I could buy one as an individual.

I live in San Jose so tax rate and shipping should be similar.

TIA

Reactions: kokishin

·
Registered
436 Posts
Video Only locally is also offering very good deals.

77GX $5100
77CX $4250
both show OOS but you can probably get on a waiting list

edit: wasn't logged in to show correct price, now changed

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
If any of you have access to a nearby PC Richards, you can negotiate the heck out of an OLED if you're good at that sort of thing. I had them nearly price match ABC TVs for a 65CX and a 65C9 this week. Taking delivery Thursday, all over the phone. I'm not comfortable giving the location but I called two different locations until I got the price I wanted.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you comfortable giving the price? If not now, after you take delivery.
Looks like ABC lowered their prices a bit so I'm not "matching" those anymore. $2200 on the CX, $1800 on the C9. If I'm being honest, I think I could have pressed harder for another $50 or so but I was pretty happy here at those prices.

Worth noting that if you have an LG discount through your employer, their pricing is $2125 on the CX & $1869 on the C9 but I preferred going some place local where I can easily return the TVs if there are banding/panel issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks like ABC lowered their prices a bit so I'm not "matching" those anymore. $2200 on the CX, $1800 on the C9. If I'm being honest, I think I could have pressed harder for another $50 or so but I was pretty happy here at those prices.

Worth noting that if you have an LG discount through your employer, their pricing is $2125 on the CX & $1869 on the C9 but I preferred going some place local where I can easily return the TVs if there are banding/panel issues.
Is ABC a legit seller or is this just one of those sites we can use to price match?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is ABC a legit seller or is this just one of those sites we can use to price match?
I have no experience with them. Every TV I've ever purchased, I've attempted to get local retailers to match the online retailers first. I did it with my X950B and PC Richards matched a few years back. This time, it took two different tries to get PC Richards to "match." Best Buy and other big brands have never matched.

161 - 180 of 274 Posts