AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched the web looking for any upcoming models but didn’t see anything so when can we expect to see something on the upcoming models?
And what should we expect to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88,534 Posts
I have searched the web looking for any upcoming models but didn’t see anything so when can we expect to see something on the upcoming models?
And what should we expect to see?

There should be an announcement later this spring/summer.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be an announcement later this spring/summer; however, AFAIK, only the upper level models (ie. SR7013/AV7705/SR8012) will be replaced with new models while the lower level models released in 2019 will continue until 2021.

The SR70XX will be the one I’m interested in so that would be welcomed news.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I own SR7009 and I am desperately loking for update to newer 9.2 or 11.2 AVR (preferably the successor to SR8012 since I am reluctant to buy 2+ years old model at a price). Some two weeks ago I asked Marantz US about their plans for 2020, specifically if we should get successors to 7013 and 8012 this year and they have replied to me today they were going to replace those two models BUT denied to specify when and not even if this will occur in 2020. I am slightly afraid there is a possibility the delays with HDMI 2.1 certification may be pushing all upgrades of Sound United AVRs to 2021 as I guess they want to have HDMI 2.1 in their new new products (especially in the top line) to appeal customers expectations and demand...

·
Premium Member
88,534 Posts
Hey guys, I own SR7009 and I am desperately loking for update to newer 9.2 or 11.2 AVR (preferably the successor to SR8012 since I am reluctant to buy 2+ years old model at a price). Some two weeks ago I asked Marantz US about their plans for 2020, specifically if we should get successors to 7013 and 8012 this year and they have replied to me today they were going to replace those two models BUT denied to specify when and not even if this will occur in 2020. I am slightly afraid there is a possibility the delays with HDMI 2.1 certification may be pushing all upgrades of Sound United AVRs to 2021 as I guess they want to have HDMI 2.1 in their new new products (especially in the top line) to appeal customers expectations and demand...
New product releases of the upper models are generally made in Sep/Oct in the USA and a few months later in other countries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah. SR8012 was announced several times from Sept to Dec 2017 to create some buzz and get early reviews but it was not really available at stores in EU until like spring 2018 (not sure about US). I even start thinking if it`s worth to wait for new AVR likely equipped with HDMI 2.1 instead of getting SR8012 right away at a discount price that could be as much as 1000$ less compared to the initial price of the successor model. Do you have any ideas of what other upgrades/important new features besides HDMI 2.1 could be included in the new product line?

·
Premium Member
88,534 Posts
Yeah. SR8012 was announced several times from Sept to Dec 2017 to create some buzz and get early reviews but it was not really available at stores in EU until like spring 2018 (not sure about US). I even start thinking if it`s worth to wait for new AVR likely equipped with HDMI 2.1 instead of getting SR8012 right away at a discount price that could be as much as 1000$ less compared to the initial price of the successor model. Do you have any ideas of what other upgrades/important new features besides HDMI 2.1 could be included in the new product line?
The SR8012 was released in the USA in November 2017.

As I pointed out in post 4, Sound United should be making an announcement of the new upper level models later this spring/summer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay, forgive my noobiness but are there any D+M AVR's currently that will support VRR? I don't see myself using 8K or 4K/120fps any time soon, but VRR would be a godsend I think for the next few years. Not sure if VRR is possible in HDMI 2.0, like eARC.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
There should be an announcement later this spring/summer; however, AFAIK, only the upper level models (ie. SR7013/AV7705/SR8012) will be replaced with new models while the lower level models released in 2019 will continue until 2021.
Any sign that Marantz will replace 8805 this year?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
No reason to with an HDMI 2.1 board "upgrade" scheduled to be made available later this year (perhaps early 2021 due to COVID-19 delay).
I heard a rumor that Marantz is working on a 8805 succesor that will include Dirac Live. Is there anything to it or is it just a conspiracy theory? :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have any of the 2020 Marantz been leaked yet? Or will I just have to wait until this afternoon?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just got a confirmation from Marantz via Twitter that they will announce something within the month. My guess is that it will be the first HDMI 2.1 models from Marantz. I hope that the 8012 will receive a huge update too, with several 8K inputs.

·
Premium Member
7,163 Posts
Just got a confirmation from Marantz via Twitter that they will announce something within the month. My guess is that it will be the first HDMI 2.1 models from Marantz. I hope that the 8012 will receive a huge update too, with several 8K inputs.
I believe JD has posted elsewhere that the Marantz line including the 8015 will have the same 8K input limitations as the Denons that were just released. That's a sucky, bizarre choice on their part IMO.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts