AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe JD has posted elsewhere that the Marantz line including the 8015 will have the same 8K input limitations as the Denons that were just released. That's a sucky, bizarre choice on their part IMO.
I didn't see that as a Denon owner. Link to the details?

·
Premium Member
88,602 Posts
If only Marantz would release a 9.X.6 I would be a happy camper :)
In regards to the 2020 models, won't be seeing anything better than what Denon has already announced for its 2020 models ... ie. the SR8015 will likely remain 11CH with capability to expand to 13 channel capability (as is the case with the Denon model X6700H).

·
Registered
154 Posts

Quick Marantz question. I know the 2020 SR5015 has pre-amp outputs that disconnect's the amps allowing the unit to stay cooler while using an external amplifier. My question is, is that different from previous models? I see the SR5014 has the pre-outs as well and was wondering if that unit also disconnected the built-in amplifiers when engaged?

I know this is new for the 2020 lower line Denon's but wasn't sure about the Marantz.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Marantz is dead to me. I thought for sure they would be the ones to step up their game and provide an adequate amount of HDMI 2.1 inputs but instead chose the stupid 1 in 2 out approach like Denon that wastes an entire port for a tiny minority of people that need two 8K displays for some reason. 2020 is truly the dumpster fire to rule them all.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Marantz is dead to me. I thought for sure they would be the ones to step up their game and provide an adequate amount of HDMI 2.1 inputs but instead chose the stupid 1 in 2 out approach like Denon that wastes an entire port for a tiny minority of people that need two 8K displays for some reason. 2020 is truly the dumpster fire to rule them all.
Their AVRs have been exact feature matches to the corresponding Denon models for like a decade. Did you really expect them to do any different here?

·
Vendor
27,172 Posts
Seems to be the norm, to have one HDMI 2.1 :( For now anyway....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Their AVRs have been exact feature matches to the corresponding Denon models for like a decade. Did you really expect them to do any different here?
I know, hope is dangerous.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'd guess the choice to go for multiple outputs over inputs in this year's models is to make the receivers more attractive to the custom install market which typically pays full price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need Help with Marantz

I'm new here and to home theater as well. I've got a couple questions I'm hoping I can get some help with. I've tried reading up on it myself, but I'm conflicting information or jargon that I do not understand.

First, I'm going from a sound bar with rear speakers and a sub to a home theater set up. I've purchased 2 Klipsch Ref Mk IV 82's, a Klipsch Ref center RC62, two rear Klipsch Ref IV RF 52's and I just ordered a Klipsch R-112SW Sub. I also just received an order from Best Buy for a set of Magnolia in ceiling speakers, but I can't recall right off hand which brand they were. My intention is to run the two fronts, center, 2 rears, and 4 in ceiling for ATMOS. I've been looking at the Marantz SR5014 and the Marantz 6014 receivers. I'm unsure if the SR5014 will accommodate the speakers, sub, and 4 in ceiling speakers. The Best Buy tech told me the system would run 7.2 setup if I wanted 2 subs, but I'm instead looking at I believe 5.1.4. Can the Marantz SR5014 effectively run this setup or do I need the Marantz 6014 which is a 9.2 system?

Second, if the Marantz SR5014 will work for the setup I'm aiming for, is it underpowered for these speakers and sub?

Third, I literally just saw the updates to the Marantz line. I own a 2019 LG OLED and am intending on preordering the Xbox Series X as soon as it opens up. Is it better to get a discount on the 2019 model Marantz 5014/6014, or should I go with the 5015/6015 instead?

Fourth, how long should I expect a brand new Marantz receiver in these series to last me? I'm hoping to not have to buy another receiver for quite some time.

Finally, thank you for being patient. I'm completely new at this and while opinions vary wildly, the concrete facts online and at Best Buy seem to be far more fluid than they should be. If I've posted this in the wrong place, please let me know so I can correct it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
28,510 Posts
If you want to do a 5.1.4 setup you need the 6014/6015.

The 5014/5015 are limited to 7 channels max.

Klipsch speakers have a sensitivity around 96db - 98db, that means it doesn't take much power to drive them to very loud levels. the sub doesn't need power from the AVR it just gets a low frequency signal.

If you give your receiver plenty of ventilation so that it doesn't run hot you can expect it to last a long time. If worried about overheating add an AC Infinity Aircom cooling fan on top.
https://www.acinfinity.com/receiver-amp-cooling-fans/

21 - 40 of 54 Posts