AVS Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
A few questions about the 6015.

1. Does it have an HDMI 2.1 input?
2. Will it run as hot as previous models? If so, should I budget for an amplifier?
3. Is it 4 ohm stable for my Vienna Acoustic speakers all around?
4. If anyone can compare it to an NAD 758 v3, what are the pluses and minuses?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
A few questions about the 6015.

1. Does it have an HDMI 2.1 input?
2. Will it run as hot as previous models?
3. Is it compatible with 4 ohm rated speakers all around?
4. If anyone can compare it to an NAD 758 v3, what are the pluses and minuses?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3159598-oeofficiala-2020-marantz-avr-thread.html#post59914056

https://www.us.marantz.com/-/media/Files/DocumentMaster/MarantzNA/US/SR6015U_ENG_PDF_UG_v00.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks so much. I know the 6014 model is suppose to be 9.2, but expands to 11.2, so I wasn't sure if the 7.2 would cover the 4 atmos speakers. I appreciate that. Any thoughts on a soon to be discounted 6014 vs the new 6015?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wow, these new models are a joke. Didn’t expect that with the 8015. Does anyone know if the 8015 has the custom amp assign feature like the Denon 8500?

·
Registered
11,865 Posts
Wow, these new models are a joke. Didn’t expect that with the 8015. Does anyone know if the 8015 has the custom amp assign feature like the Denon 8500?

Why are they a joke. Denon and Marantz are bringing higher channel count and extra codecs to seriously lower pricepoints. Until the last week or two if you wanted 13+ channels you were looking at spending $4-5K. (Except Emotiva). Denon just made it happen at $2.5K. That’s no joke.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been doubting between getting an NR1710 now or holding out to see if new low profile models come to market because I will start using 2.1 in the near future. Lately the NR1710 seems to be very low in stock across stores in NL. Could this be a sign something is coming or maybe just a fluke because of supply chain issues around the globe? Maybe somebody heard some rumors?

·
Premium Member
88,874 Posts
I've been doubting between getting an NR1710 now or holding out to see if new low profile models come to market because I will start using 2.1 in the near future. Lately the NR1710 seems to be very low in stock across stores in NL. Could this be a sign something is coming or maybe just a fluke because of supply chain issues around the globe? Maybe somebody heard some rumors?
As I note in the new 2020 Marantz AVR Owner's thread .. the new HDMI 2.1 NR1711 should be available in August.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3161190-official-2020-marantz-avr-owner-s-thread-faq-post-1-5-a.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
As I note in the new 2020 Marantz AVR Owner's thread .. the new HDMI 2.1 NR1711 should be available in August.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3161190-official-2020-marantz-avr-owner-s-thread-faq-post-1-5-a.html
Thanks! I wasn't aware of that thread.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Are there any distinct advantages the Marantz have over the Denons?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are there any distinct advantages the Marantz have over the Denons?
The Marantz's have the sexier front panel with the round display!

They share a lot of components between the 2, but there are enough changes inside that there is a wide belief there is a difference in the tone between the 2 - there are a million youtube vids and websites (this included) with threads discussing it.

I've always been a Denon guy, but i'm leaning toward the Marantz as my HDMI 2.1 this time

·
Vendor
27,454 Posts
The manufacturers are basically having stock issues due to the Virus. Will take time but they will be around in full flow.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yes, until 2022 as it will receive an HDMI 2.1 board upgrade in December to become the AV8805A.
Is there going to be a Marantz model above the 8805 as an anniversary edition like the rumored Denon? I’m trying to decide whether to upgrade to an 8805, an AV40, or wait for the higher end Marantz.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts