AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Yankees on the brink of elimination!...YES!...would be karma if they don't win a single championship with this talented roster...and they went out and paid a billion $$ for Gerrit Cole this past off-season

crazy thing is that they actually built this team with mostly home grown players from their farm system instead of their usual tactic of buying or trading for all the best available free agents

·
Registered
860 Posts
How is that Karma? What do you have against these Yankees? They got screwed by the Cheaters in 2017 and may have made the World Series.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
How is that Karma? What do you have against these Yankees? They got screwed by the Cheaters in 2017 and may have made the World Series.
I've hated the Yankees because in years past they would just use their big market $$ and buy all the best players...the league has caught up and this current Yankees team was mainly built using the farm system but they're still the Evil Empire...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've hated the Yankees because in years past they would just use their big market $$ and buy all the best players...the league has caught up and this current Yankees team was mainly built using the farm system but they're still the Evil Empire...
Join us. We Yankee fans are detested by larger society, but it feels so good. A similar feeling to dating your therapist.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So sad ,looking more and more like a Dodgers-Yankees World Series.The great pitching you usually get in the playoffs cant overcome the Homeruns anymore.I hope to be wrong about the World Series predictions.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
YES!!!...tha Yanks lost!...the Yankees lost!...what a nail biter of a game...but all is good now that the Evil Empire has once again been eliminated!

Yanks actually have a really good team so to not win even 1 WS with this group would be crushing...11 years now without a WS appearance

·
Premium Member
35,427 Posts
Unfortunately the Dodgers seem to have the Padres number of late, including this season. Don't get me started on why division rivals, who happen to have the best records in the National League, are playing each other in the second round of the playoffs.
Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Although I'm a longtime Dodger fan I'm excited about the Padres becoming a power to be reckoned with, future seasons should be fun between these two teams :) .

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
RIP Joe Morgan. Integral part of the Big Red Machine in the 70s. Loved watching him play and the elbow flap will never be forgotten.

381 - 400 of 460 Posts