Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
in memory of Joe Morgan

Reactions: TitusTroy

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
and just like that the Rays are up 2 games to none...but I give the Astros credit, they are actually outhitting the Rays 19-10 and every game has been close plus they are doing it without Justin Verlander...I don't think they can count on him going forward at his age coming back from Tommy John surgery

just like the Patriots they didn't need to cheat to win but did it because they thought they could get away with it

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Morgan took the place of Tommy Helms who also had a strange batting preparation style (he made big circles with his bat prior to the pitch). I lived in Cincinnati from 1968 -- 1970 as a pre-teen and loved baseball and the Reds. Went to Crowsley Field and Riverfront Stadium when it opened although only one time each.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
are Dodgers fans starting to panic?...Braves got a decent pitching staff so LA's bats better come alive...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Dodgers scratch Clayton Kershaw from Game 2 start

Clayton Kershaw has been scratched from his Game 2 start in the National League Championship Series because of back spasms...Tony Gonsolin, a rookie, will start in Kershaw's place

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Dodgers offense once again disappearing in the post-season...also as usual Kershaw cannot be relied upon...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
How the Rays are winning big without spending big money

The Tampa Bay Rays are among the smallest of small-market clubs, yet they are on the verge of earning just their second trip to the World Series...they have long embraced their formula, mostly because they can't cover many flaws with a checkbook...yes, analytics play a significant role in the Rays' success, something you see by their high number of defensive shifts around the diamond and their popularizing the frequent use of the opener on the pitching mound

But their success is also built on by what happens when the players are all together, which is pretty much every day for hours at a time. "When we acquire a player, as much work that goes into what he can do on the field, there's that much on the personality and character," manager Kevin Cash said...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
I wonder how many pitchers the Braves are going to burn through in this game? Lots I hope! 😁
Braves should just use up their bottom line pitchers since the game is out of reach...

let's see if Kershaw can actually pitch tomorrow and how effective he is...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Historical low ratings for league championship series. Only 3-4 million viewers. I assume this will go up the longer the series goes.Dodgers will still win I believe,just to much talent.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Astros making this a series...Braves are crushing LA's dreams...Kershaw once again disappoints when it matters...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
WTH is happening with the Rays?...Astros lead 4-1 in Game 6...would be an epic comeback from 3 games down...the Astros would never let anyone hear the end of it if they make it to the World Series...talk about shutting your critics up...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Astros force Game 7!...do you believe in miracles?...or does that line only apply to hockey and Al Michaels?

·
Registered
567 Posts
WTH is happening with the Rays?...Astros lead 4-1 in Game 6...would be an epic comeback from 3 games down...the Astros would never let anyone hear the end of it if they make it to the World Series...talk about shutting your critics up...
Certainly not enough to shut me up. I wasn't raised to be a fool.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Astros force Game 7!...do you believe in miracles?...or does that line only apply to hockey and Al Michaels?
Miracle? Try travesty. They shouldn't have even been allowed to compete in the playoffs. One can only hope they get slapped down tomorrow. Then they can crawl back into their trash cans where they belong.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Miracle? Try travesty. They shouldn't have even been allowed to compete in the playoffs.
they are proving that they don't need the trash can signals to win a championship...they used that to gain an unfair advantage but it wasn't the sole reason for their success...win or lose Game 7 they have redeemed themselves

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
they are proving that they don't need the trash can signals to win a championship...they used that to gain an unfair advantage but it wasn't the sole reason for their success...win or lose Game 7 they have redeemed themselves
Assuming they aren't using some other form of cheating to gain an advantage. Wouldn't put it past them.

401 - 420 of 460 Posts