AVS Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4634 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Bill Belichick turns down Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump, cites Capitol attack

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick announced on Monday that he will not accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom he was reportedly scheduled to receive from President Donald Trump...pressure to turn down the honor came from as high as U.S. Rep. Jim McGovern, a Democrat representing Massachusetts..."Belichick should do the right thing and say, no, thanks,” McGovern told CNN on Monday, adding that accepting the medal would be “disgraceful.”...

Good lord... never was a BB fan... but I gotta say, this is classy... two thumbs up... :)

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Good lord... never was a BB fan... but I gotta say, this is classy... two thumbs up... :)
Yes, whoever it was that wrote that for BB to attach his name to did a good job. ;)

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Ethyl said don't you screw up and lose are golden goose.:p

Said you know we don't like Tommie but doesn't mean we wouldn't lay a big bet on him.o_O

Lets see if the golden goose puts out a direction what to do.:D

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Yes, whoever it was that wrote that for BB to attach his name to did a good job. ;)
Yeah, that was about as weasely and PR driven and focus group approved a statement you can imagine wasn't it? "... the decision was made not to move forward with the award"? :sneaky:

They must have felt using the personal pronoun "I" or the verb "refusing" might have invited the wrath of... well, at least it couldn't come in the form of a tweet. :LOL:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I have to say, since blocking a certain someone I find this thread so much more enjoyable. The new software doesn't even inform me of any posts, so there's no temptation to even look :) I suggest others give it a try.

That being said, here's an interesting prospect - Tua for the #12 pick: What if the 49ers traded No. 12 pick in 2021 draft for Tua?

At this point, I think Jimmy G. is a better QB, but is the ceiling on Tua a lot higher? Hard to say...
agreed on the board being much more nicer without certain people..its refreshing.

and not sure im down on that Trade...LOL

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I saw the PFF article this morning. Whether it is higher or not, Tua is under a rookie contract for the next three years. He would help your cap and should be at least comparable to JG.

For what it is worth, former GM Randy Mueller said if you combined the last two drafts. He would rank Tua after Burrow, Trevor, Fields, and Wilson. I would be ok taking a flyer on Fields and trading Tua if the upside was there.
im certain the coaches know whats the real deal with Tua or not..they see the stuff in practice that we dont..they also know he has shyt talent around him... we shall see.

Reactions: Ericglo

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
im certain the coaches know whats the real deal with Tua or not..they see the stuff in practice that we dont..they also know he has shyt talent around him... we shall see.
Oh I agree. Fields or Wilson could be flops just as easily as Tua. Nothing would be worse than trading Tua and drafting one of these guys who bombs with Tua becoming all pro.

As I have said before, I think picking one of the QBs later in the draft is the best option. Trading a pick this year for future draft capital would help as well if Tua or a rookie QB don't work out.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Oh I agree. Fields or Wilson could be flops just as easily as Tua. Nothing would be worse than trading Tua and drafting one of these guys who bombs with Tua becoming all pro.

As I have said before, I think picking one of the QBs later in the draft is the best option. Trading a pick this year for future draft capital would help as well if Tua or a rookie QB don't work out.
i agree...get Tua some help..but also take a QB in the 3rd or 4th or so...and see what happens

·
Registered
12,679 Posts

Chad and I are coming for you Archi!!! :LOL:

I am glad the Dolphins decided to do this. With less tape to examine this year, it will be a great opportunity to see the players up close and personal. It could really help looking at the QBs for later in the draft.

·
Registered
27,684 Posts

Chad and I are coming for you Archi!!! :LOL:

I am glad the Dolphins decided to do this. With less tape to examine this year, it will be a great opportunity to see the players up close and personal. It could really help looking at the QBs for later in the draft.
It will be interesting to see what Carolina does with that pick. Do they feel confident that Bridgewater has solidified the QB position for the near future, or do they take a risk & draft one?

If it were me I'd stand pat with Teddy and try to shore up some other positions. Getting a stud pass rusher or left tackle are always good choices. Can't really go wrong there.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Carolina does with that pick. Do they feel confident that Bridgewater has solidified the QB position for the near future, or do they take a risk & draft one?

If it were me I'd stand pat with Teddy and try to shore up some other positions. Getting a stud pass rusher or left tackle are always good choices. Can't really go wrong there.
Outside of Sewell, I am not sure there are any top ten OTs. There are options on the defensive side.

Coaching the Senior bowl, we allow Rhule to look at these non-top five QBs. If Trask is there in the second, then he might be a no brainer pick.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Yeah, that was about as weasely and PR driven and focus group approved a statement you can imagine wasn't it? "... the decision was made not to move forward with the award"? :sneaky:

They must have felt using the personal pronoun "I" or the verb "refusing" might have invited the wrath of... well, at least it couldn't come in the form of a tweet. :LOL:
I heard Mike Deflorio on the radio this morning say that it took most of the day yesterday for the Patriots organization to get to this outcome with BB.

Wow.

I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: archiguy

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Reactions: Aliens
4401 - 4420 of 4634 Posts