AVS Forum banner

4421 - 4440 of 4634 Posts

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
so far I'm not impressed with a lot of the candidates the Jets have officially interviewed...Marvin Lewis would be a safe choice but I'm hoping for a fresh face from the college ranks- Lincoln Riley, Pat Fitzgerald, Matt Campbell...among the NFL coordinators I like the Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
very good news...Seattle is wasting Russell Wilson's prime with their conservative play-calling...way too much running the ball...Let Russ Cook!...I wonder if Wilson was behind the firing...

Seattle Seahawks, citing 'philosophical differences,' part with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer

In a surprising move, the Seattle Seahawks and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer have parted ways after three seasons...the Seahawks announced the decision Tuesday, citing "philosophical differences" as the reason for the parting, while calling Schottenheimer a "fantastic person and coach."...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
very good news...Seattle is wasting Russell Wilson's prime with their conservative play-calling...way too much running the ball...Let Russ Cook!...I wonder if Wilson was behind the firing...

Seattle Seahawks, citing 'philosophical differences,' part with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer

In a surprising move, the Seattle Seahawks and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer have parted ways after three seasons...the Seahawks announced the decision Tuesday, citing "philosophical differences" as the reason for the parting, while calling Schottenheimer a "fantastic person and coach."...

I knew this was going to happen. It seems that Pete Carroll did not agree with his play-calling. PC more than likely overruled him. This ended with an MPW/divorce.
Brian Schottenheimer is a good OC and will NOT be unemployed long.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts

Fall Guy.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts

As a Raiders fan I have mixed emotions on this. He has a good track record for talent scouting, but his defense tends to be “bland”. As long as he can get the defense up to an average level, I’d be happy.
He's a "rush four" kind of guy. Problem is, the current front four is not capable of generating a pass rush alone. Need a huge upgrade there (more than one) or the DC needs to change up his approach, or he too, will be a disaster at DC for the Raiders.

·
Registered
20,605 Posts
He's a "rush four" kind of guy. Problem is, the current front four is not capable of generating a pass rush alone. Need a huge upgrade there (more than one) or the DC needs to change up his approach, or he too, will be a disaster at DC for the Raiders.
Indeed, I figure they’ll go IDL for draft and possibly in FA (they need FS help). They have some pieces now, but hard to grade anyone with the DC that was there. Hopefully Gus can turn things around for them.

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
looks like Carroll fired him for calling too many pass plays!...WTH?...Carroll wants to run the ball more!...disaster...Wilson needs to throw more!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
looks like Carroll fired him for calling too many pass plays!...WTH?...Carroll wants to run the ball more!...disaster...Wilson needs to throw more!
Not that I want my rival to succeed, but obviously teams made an adjustment to what they were doing the first part of the year. Heck, even the two games against the 49ers were night and day. The second game they had them on the ropes until late in the 4th quarter with only 4 starters playing.

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
Not that I want my rival to succeed, but obviously teams made an adjustment to what they were doing the first part of the year. Heck, even the two games against the 49ers were night and day. The second game they had them on the ropes until late in the 4th quarter with only 4 starters playing.
I don't mind a nice balance between the running and passing game but they need to let go of the reigns with Wilson...let him loose...they run the ball too much...plus it's not like they have some amazing back like Derrick Henry...it's pretty much a running back by committee and they're always injured

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Over on the Athletic, they have the Cook Index.
The Cook Index measures how frequently teams pass on early downs in the first 28 minutes of games, before time remaining and score differential influence play calling. Teams that lean toward the pass are letting their quarterbacks cook.

Seattle is 3rd on the list and one of only four teams over 60%. It seems like they do pass the ball a lot. Overall they are statically in the middle of the NFL in both pass and run attempts.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Rayguy and Ph8te,
My big concern with Bradley is he has never had an elite defense on his own. He did a decent to good job with the Chargers, but it wasn't top ten. Same with Dan Quinn. They both made their name with Pete Carroll's defense in Seattle.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,433
@Dave Vaughn. What do you think of Martin Mayhew? It looks like he is one of a few candidate up for the GM job for the WFT. I liked him, like Todd Bowles, as a player when he was with Washington, but no nothing about him since he started up the NFL ladder.

·
Registered
20,605 Posts
Rayguy and Ph8te,
My big concern with Bradley is he has never had an elite defense on his own. He did a decent to good job with the Chargers, but it wasn't top ten. Same with Dan Quinn. They both made their name with Pete Carroll's defense in Seattle.
He brought in Richard Smith and Rod Milnus as well. To be honest, Raiders (IMO) don’t need a top 10 defense to get to playoffs. I’d be OK with an average defense. With the one of the leagues worst defenses Raiders were able to beat some of the best teams.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
Rayguy and Ph8te,
Here's his chance to make a name for himself. Certainly, Gruden won't be helping (if anything, probably hurting, with his annoyingly conservative approach to football).

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
@Dave Vaughn. What do you think of Martin Mayhew? It looks like he is one of a few candidate up for the GM job for the WFT. I liked him, like Todd Bowles, as a player when he was with Washington, but no nothing about him since he started up the NFL ladder.
I don't have an opinion either way on him..he's part of the executive staff and maybe he's learned a few things regarding the cap from Paraag Marathe on how to structure contracts to get the most out of the cap.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes, whoever it was that wrote that for BB to attach his name to did a good job. ;)
Agreed.

I heard Mike Deflorio on the radio this morning say that it took most of the day yesterday for the Patriots organization to get to this outcome with BB.
However they got there, it's the result that counts. BB evidently didn't want to take sole responsibility for a "decision" that clearly wasn't his alone, and the statement is about as diplomatic and non-incendiary as possible under the circumstances.

And I would guess the NFL had a hand in it right along with the Patriots organization.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Go Saints!!!!

sorry @Nayan

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Go Tompa Bay!!!!

I gots your back, Nayan.👊

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Tampa Bay has been owned by New Orleans all year. Can they turn the tide in the playoffs?

4421 - 4440 of 4634 Posts