AVS Forum banner

4441 - 4460 of 4634 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
why would the Texans trade up to the 3rd spot with the plan to take Zach Wilson without knowing who the Jets are going to take with the 2nd pick?...if I'm the Jets I'm taking Wilson
READ the article again, shall you? The article writer Chris Trapasso has the JETS drafting OH ST QB Justin Fields with their #2 pick. R-E-A-D. In NY, NY they used to say: "Can you dig it, baby?":sneaky:

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
READ the article again, shall you? The article writer Chris Trapasso has the JETS drafting OH ST QB Justin Fields with their #2 pick. R-E-A-D. In NY, NY they used to say: "Can you dig it, baby?":sneaky:
learn to comprehend...that's the writer's mock draft...in reality the Texans don't know who the Jets will take with the 2nd pick so there's a huge risk trading up in order to get a guy who might not be there when they make their selection...

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
Stefon Diggs to the Bills is the best trade of the year...and weirdly the Vikings ended up drafting a stud receiver in Justin Jefferson who's in the conversation for Offensive Rookie of the Year...one of those rare moves where both teams won

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
so far I'm not impressed with a lot of the candidates the Jets have officially interviewed...Marvin Lewis would be a safe choice but I'm hoping for a fresh face from the college ranks- Lincoln Riley, Pat Fitzgerald, Matt Campbell...among the NFL coordinators I like the Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley
who is the front runner so far?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Reactions: Nayan

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
This thread is funny to read now with a lot of the posts I see missing. :D At least y'all aren't quoting which is probably a good thing.
I had to turn him back on for a few..someone told me he is losing it (even more so)..so i had to see the show..LOL

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Looks like Urban Meyer to the Jags is almost done..

all i know of him is that he quits when things get tough...outside of that..is he actually a good coach??? i dont really follow college.

Reactions: Dave Vaughn

·
Registered
12,679 Posts

all i know of him is that he quits when things get tough...outside of that..is he actually a good coach??? i dont really follow college.
I don't think it is because of things getting tough. It is more of a health issue. I think the stress gets to much after a couple of years and he needs a break. There was an article on the Athletic talking about him. The writer said he takes each loss very hard. He will have a lot of losses before there are wins. I hope this goes well, but I could see this ending badly.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I always suspected that nobody uses the ignore list and I'm right.

How do you put a like on somebody when your being quoted by another then put a like on it? Hmmm?

But now I've decided to put everyone on ignore. But you'll still see mine.:p

Ethyl just told me I can't put are golden goose on ignore. Need those post season picks.:eek:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
If Saban bombed in the NFL why would Urban make it?

Most likely Urban see's last chance for the big Cha-ching Cha-ching.:)

He's is one of the best college coaches ever and ends up like this?

Dumb really dumb.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
If Saban bombed in the NFL why would Urban make it?

Most likely Urban see's last chance for the big ching ching.:)

He's is one of the best college coaches ever and ends up like this?

Dumb really dumb.:eek:
It is also possible he winds up like Pete Carroll, establishes a successful program and wins a Super Bowl. Stranger things have happened. I believe a lot depends on if he sticks to coaching or tries to be GM/Coach. Successful GM/Coach is very rare. Blechick is IMO a poor GM, he just had Brady to cover all his personnel mistakes.

Reactions: chadsmith013

·
Registered
14,450 Posts

it's hard to gauge how successful he would be as an NFL coach based on his college record...the NFL graveyard is filled with the carcasses of top notch college coaches who failed to replicate that success in the pros- Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Chip Kelly etc...the only real success story was Jimmy Johnson...I don't consider Pete Carroll a college coach...he started in the NFL and then went to coach at USC before returning with the Seahawks

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
who is the front runner so far?
based on who the Jets brought back for 2nd interviews the frontrunners appear to be Robert Saleh and Arthur Smith (Titans offensive coordinator)... part of Saleh's pitch to teams during the interview process has been bringing along 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur as his offensive coordinator, according to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora

LaFleur is the brother of Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur, and previously served on Kyle Shanahan-led offensive staffs in both Cleveland and Atlanta before following him to San Francisco, first as wide receivers coach and then as passing game coordinator

4441 - 4460 of 4634 Posts