AVS Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 2396 Posts

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
But, they were mere minutes away from winning Super Bowl LIV as it was, so perhaps a drastic shift away from that recipe would be unwise.
that last point is key...they were literally dominating and leading for 90% of the Super Bowl...they barely lost and will have most of their team back plus some key additions like Trent Williams...no need to go crazy and panic otherwise they're going to end up in salary cap hell like the Rams who were forced to cut what seemed like half their team this past off-season

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
that last point is key...they were literally dominating and leading for 90% of the Super Bowl...they barely lost and will have most of their team back plus some key additions like Trent Williams...no need to go crazy and panic otherwise they're going to end up in salary cap hell like the Rams who were forced to cut what seemed like half their team this past off-season
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Here's the explanation why it most likely won't happen. For reference, Matt Maiocco is one of the most informed 49ers observers (along with Matt Barrows of The Athletic) and his reasoning is sound. Furthermore, it takes two to tango and the Jets are expecting their trading partner to overpay for Adams and the 49ers will not do that.
RE:
Mr. Vaugn:
I check the following link: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers
several times per day. I am retired and time is a luxury that I can afford. Secondly I am aware of Matt Maiocco as well as Matt Barrows. I also follow Grant Cohn from his days at the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. My $125.00 computer allows me that pleasure. The web does wonders for a humble fan in a little town in North Carolina. One more thing Mr. Vaughn I tune to Dish Network channel 422-09 to watch 49ers live press conferences as well as SportsNet Central in order to get more SF 49ers news.
I read the Matt Maiocco Jamal Adams potential trade assessment several days ago.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
RE:
Mr. Vaugn:
I check the following link: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers
several times per day. I am retired and time is a luxury that I can afford. Secondly I am aware of Matt Maiocco as well as Matt Barrows. I also follow Grant Cohn from his days at the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. My $125.00 computer allows me that pleasure. The web does wonders for a humble fan in a little town in North Carolina. One more thing Mr. Vaughn I tune to Dish Network channel 422-09 to watch 49ers live press conferences as well as SportsNet Central in order to get more SF 49ers news.
I read the Matt Maiocco Jamal Adams potential trade assessment several days ago.
Thanks
Grant Cohn's father was a long time sports writer in the Bay Area (Lowell Cohn) (just a random factoid). The beauty of the US is that everyone can have an opinion and one person's isn't more right than another's (despite our polarized group think that's prevalent today). I respect your opinion and congrats on retirement. I plan on joining you in 9 years 11 months from now (to the day).

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
I am not sure why there is so much debate and discussion. Everyone knows the Eagles are going to win the whole thing again, so we can probably just close this thread since they are the greatest team. :D

(Wishful thinking - yes I am huge Eagles fan and no I am not from Phili)

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I am not sure why there is so much debate and discussion. Everyone knows the Eagles are going to win the whole thing again, so we can probably just close this thread since they are the greatest team. :D

u saying an Eagles and Fins superbowl?

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,387

Not to worry. Even if Philly doesn't win the NFC East, and if the NFL decides to have limitations on fans attending games, the Eagles fans will still lead the league in drunken brawls. :)

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Not to worry. Even if Philly doesn't win the NFC East, and if the NFL decides to have limitations on fans attending games, the Eagles fans will still lead the league in drunken brawls. :)
I just hope the brawlers practice sensible social distancing and wear masks. One suggestion might be that scissor-type telescoping arm with a boxing glove on the end of it as seen in old Loony-Tunes cartoons. #phillybrawlerslivesmatter

·
Registered
155 Posts
For this season i say yes to games and no to fans. Atleast to start the year. Maybe some fans at some point in the season. The Steelers started by just selling half of the available tickets. Yes I am a Steeler fan and looking forward to a much better year this year.

Mark

1381 - 1400 of 2396 Posts