AVS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1768 Posts

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I'm happy with the signing,more then happy, Cam has loads of talent.

·
Registered
26,853 Posts
Yeah, that was unexpected. :eek: Not entirely though. I mean, there were rumors of Cam to the Pats but I never took them seriously because I couldn't see him and Belichick co-existing. But whadda' I know? Looks like Cam will almost certainly be the starter, given the other QB's on their roster. Haven't heard anything about the money yet, except it was a one year deal, heavily incentive laden. Which figures. You know Bill was going to lowball him, figuring Cam was probably getting a bit desperate.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Looks like the Jets, Bills and Fish are back hoping for a wildcard to make the playoffs. Lol.

Reactions: cardoski

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
Patriots fined, docked draft pick in Spygate II punishment

Spygate II is over...the New England Patriots were fined $1.1 million and will forfeit their third-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft as penalties for filming the Cincinnati Bengals’ sideline during a Bengals-Cleveland Browns game in December...additional discipline includes Patriots’ television production crews being prohibited from filming games in 2020 and required training on league operation and game policies for all senior team officials...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29380577/new-england-patriots-fined-11-million-lose-draft-pick-film-crew-fallout

·
Registered
26,853 Posts
Just saw that Cam's deal was $7.5 million for one year + incentives. And he'll be a free agent after this season, so there is still a possibility for him to cash in on one of those mega QB deals if he has a great season this year.

Of course, that presupposes there will be a season this year. I'm not so sure. Still can't see how they can make 53 man rosters & all the support personnel work in a "bubble". Hall of Fame game already cancelled; preseason games are probably next.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Looks like the Jets, Bills and Fish are back hoping for a wildcard to make the playoffs. Lol.
i dunno..the pats lost alot of talent..not just TB12

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i dunno..the pats lost alot of talent..not just TB12

Yes, they did, especially on defense. Newton certainly helps if he's healthy but the Pats have more than one hole to fill. Some of the reactions are a bit overboard in predicting the Pats are right back in the mix to go deep in the playoffs.

Reactions: chadsmith013

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Patriots fined, docked draft pick in Spygate II punishment

Spygate II is over...the New England Patriots were fined $1.1 million and will forfeit their third-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft as penalties for filming the Cincinnati Bengals’ sideline during a Bengals-Cleveland Browns game in December...additional discipline includes Patriots’ television production crews being prohibited from filming games in 2020 and required training on league operation and game policies for all senior team officials...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29380577/new-england-patriots-fined-11-million-lose-draft-pick-film-crew-fallout

They lost getting the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this stuff. I think this incident was probably an honest mistake by the TV production staff but after 2007 they should have known it was going to be a problem. No excuses and punishment deserved.

Reactions: cardoski

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
They lost getting the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this stuff. I think this incident was probably an honest mistake by the TV production staff but after 2007 they should have known it was going to be a problem. No excuses and punishment deserved.
I don't buy for one second that it was an honest mistake...in the audio you hear the Pats staffer refuse to turn over the videotape after getting caught....with the tight ship that Hoodie runs they always like to work the edges of the rules...

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I don't buy for one second that it was an honest mistake...in the audio you hear the Pats staffer refuse to turn over the videotape after getting caught....with the tight ship that Hoodie runs they always like to work the edges of the rules...
If it were their first violation, you could see how it could be an honest mistake. Unfortunately, this wasn't their first violation--far from it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

I hadn't heard the audio of the staffer refusing to turn it over. Yeah, that's a sign of something on the film not being what it's supposed to be. F'kg idiots. They've been good enough to not need to do this **** and yet they continue to tarnish their reputation.

1401 - 1420 of 1768 Posts