AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
"Brooks Koepka may not play in Ryder Cup without fans"

If there's no fans out there you're not going to see guys fist pumping and that passion behind it. Yes, I love to play for my country, I love to do all these things, but it's important to have the fans there. We feed off it....Not long after Koepka's comments, McIlroy reiterated that he would prefer the Ryder Cup to be postponed until 2021 if there would be no fans present because of the coronavirus pandemic, but he does not believe he will be asked to make a decision about whether or not to play without fans. "I think there's enough people within the game that don't want the Ryder Cup to happen without fans, that's why I sort of have this conviction that it wouldn't happen if fans wouldn't be allowed,"
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/29293520/brooks-koepka-not-play-ryder-cup-fans
Would Green Men be allowed?

Reactions: WOLVERNOLE and Tack

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
They could do like FC Seoul and populate the crowd with some life-like err.. dolls
looks pretty real, even up close (except for the hands)...why all female dolls?...no males?...the real question is, have they been using dolls all this time and we just haven't noticed? :D ...maybe US sporting events have also been filled with lifelike mannequins?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
looks pretty real, even up close (except for the hands)...why all female dolls?...no males?...the real question is, have they been using dolls all this time and we just haven't noticed? :D ...maybe US sporting events have also been filled with lifelike mannequins?
I had any number of replies.... :cool:

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
The PGA Tour officially returned on Thursday afternoon after a nearly three-month break due to the COVID-19 pandemic with the Charles Schwab Challenge...Just minutes into the broadcast, however, Jim Nantz was already apologizing for a swear word being picked up...

https://twitter.com/jayrigdon5/status/1271174427091390471?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1271174427091390471&ref_url=https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pga-tour-brooks-koepka-swear-f-bomb-golf-return-jon-rahm-jim-nantz-charles-schwab-challenge-003735194.html

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nice to have PGA back. It looked like they had a lot less tower cameras. Please,get rid of the mikes on the players.

·
Registered
26,883 Posts
Nice to have PGA back. It looked like they had a lot less tower cameras. Please,get rid of the mikes on the players.
I disagree. Love the mikes on the players. They are professionals, being paid millions of dollars to play golf out in the sunshine & fresh air on manicured courses average weekend players will never see. It's about as great a life as anyone can possibly imagine.

I don't think it's too much to ask that they watch their language a little bit more carefully while they're in their workplace. Most everybody else has to in theirs, no?

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Personally I don't think it loses a lot on TV without the fans. In fact it's better without idiots yelling Baba Booey on every tee. The Ryder Cup and the Majors need fans though.

·
Registered
26,883 Posts
Well, this is odd. CBS's telecast of the Charles Schwab Challenge is stretched vertically on my LG C9. Provider is DTV, through the C61K STB. Local broadcast station is WBTV out of Charlotte. Every display setting on the STB and TV checks out as normal 16:9 aspect ratio. Every other channel is behaving normally. Just this one is stretched. Players are tall & skinny and the screen graphics are cut off top & bottom. So weird.

Anybody else seeing this?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I disagree. Love the mikes on the players. They are professionals, being paid millions of dollars to play golf out in the sunshine & fresh air on manicured courses average weekend players will never see. It's about as great a life as anyone can possibly imagine.

I don't think it's too much to ask that they watch their language a little bit more carefully while they're in their workplace. Most everybody else has to in theirs, no?
No, re YouTube TV reviewer, "Quantum completely loses it...." Warning, harsh vocabulary, for education purposes only.;)

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Personally I don't think it loses a lot on TV without the fans. In fact it's better without idiots yelling Baba Booey on every tee. The Ryder Cup and the Majors need fans though.
Me neither, though I haven't watched much (saving interest for the final round). Thought DeChambeau looked like a beer salesman. Commentator said he'd been working out three times daily.:eek:

Reactions: Aliens

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
^ Bryson is always tinkering, and apparently he put on 20lbs of muscle over the winter. He's now the longest driver on Tour, but still pretty straight. Almost 190mph ball speed when he wants to find the fairway, and over 200mph if he needs it. There are plenty of Bryson haters out there, but I must say I really like to watch him drive now.

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Thought DeChambeau looked like a beer salesman. Commentator said he'd been working out three times daily.:eek:
Working out at the buffet table three times a day. :eek:

^ Bryson is always tinkering, and apparently he put on 20lbs of muscle over the winter.
They can spin it as 20lbs of muscle all they want, and he may have added 20lbs of muscle, but it looks like he also added 100lbs or so of fat. This was Bryson at last years Masters.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
^ I don't think that weight looks good either, but it has given him the distance he was looking for. Mind you, a young Tiger Woods had that kind of club head speed when he was still skinny. It didn't translate into the same ball speed or distance because equipment has improved so much since then.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Should be quite the shootout Sunday. It would be nice if Somehow Jordan Spieth could keep it together and win. He looked terrible finishing Saturday,so I doubt he will win.

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Should be quite the shootout Sunday. It would be nice if Somehow Jordan Spieth could keep it together and win. He looked terrible finishing Saturday,so I doubt he will win.
His mental game kills him.

Will our first time back give us a playoff?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
^ I don't think that weight looks good either, but it has given him the distance he was looking for. Mind you, a young Tiger Woods had that kind of club head speed when he was still skinny. It didn't translate into the same ball speed or distance because equipment has improved so much since then.
302 to 321 in one year, impressive. Extra muscle and fat aside, all of 'em hit the ball far enough or they wouldn't be out there. Consistent fairways hit, greens hit, and one-point-something putts per hole helps, but it's the six inches 'tween the ears.

How many majors has this "beer salesman" won? 0 fer 14, 6 MCs, highest finish T15.

Later edit:

In addition to the extra flab and muscle used for extra distance, it's been reported his driver loft ranges from 4.8 to 5.2 degrees. Driver shaft length is 45.5 inches, but he's considering a 48 inch test.

221 - 240 of 313 Posts