AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so every time I unplug (or lose power to) my ReplayTV 2020, I need to do the rubber chicken dance to get it to come back online. If I simply plug it back in after it powers back up, it just shows a black screen (yes the power led is on) witha channel listing. It's like the tuner just doesn't kick in. After a call to support a few years ago the most successful solution to this is to hold down the power button for 5 or 6 reboots (screen flashes) and then unplug it for about a minute. After plugging it in again it usually comes up right and works fine until the next power off.

Anyone else experienced this? Found a less complicated solution? I hooked a cheap UPS up, which resolves the power outage issue (and it protects phone line power surges). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What happens if you select a channel? Does it tune in?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
The 2000 tuning can be problematic. Yours is worse than most. I have a 2004 which goes black screen all by itself. Requires rebooting to start working again. I don't think there is any other solution.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffwa
What happens if you select a channel? Does it tune in?
Nothing but a blank screen. It does tell me what channel it's supposedly on, and what should be playing, but a blank screen. Oh, well maybe someone has a more perminant solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.