AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys, I have a problem with my 55Q80T. When I turn off game motion plus in game mode, the colors change to purple. did you have this kind of problem? thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello guys, I have a problem with my 55Q80T. When I turn off game motion plus in game mode, the colors change to purple. did you have this kind of problem? thanks
yes I got same problem/bug when Im setting the picture option while watch on youtube, tv picture got purple blurred on all program except in OS menu. Turn off and on tv will solved this bug but I recommand you to update 1115.5 fw as mine never got this bug anymore after fw update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm already in 1515.5, I found someone who has the same problem as me.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Incorrect-Colors-on-Q80T-when-game-motion-plus-is-turned-off/m-p/1768199#M41311

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sharpness reset bug

I've noticed one bug around the sharpness control. When using PC mode, I find the default value of 10 actually adds some artificial sharpness, so I decreased to 9 which looks perfect (also see the test at lagom.com). The problem is that when I turn the TV off and back on, the sharpness gets reset to the 10 setting, even though the menu value shows 9. I have to go up to 10 and then back to 9 every time I turn on the TV to restore the value.

I wonder if there's any service menu setting to set the default to 9 that would help.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Going back to Hunters I am watching on Prime app...during the Intro of every episode my Q80T really changes levels of brightness, it's really noticeable.
are you talking about the intro with toy chess pieces? i think that's just a poor artistic choice (to raise and lower brightness through that whole thing), has nothing to do with the TV being FALD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
are you talking about the intro with toy chess pieces? i think that's just a poor artistic choice (to raise and lower brightness through that whole thing), has nothing to do with the TV being FALD.
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about!! Thank you for confirming that it's not the TV as I thought maybe it was.
Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, someone would have a setting to adjust the image of the game mode in sdr and HDR for a xbox One x and a PS4 pro? I find it hard to find good settings. thank you

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, someone would have a setting to adjust the image of the game mode in sdr and HDR for a xbox One x and a PS4 pro? I find it hard to find good settings. thank you
My advise would be to re do the in game settings for brightness etc, as you would for a new game.

I struggled to get settings right until I remembered to do this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had the same issue with the Xbox 1X. Part of the issue is that the Xbox is in SDR mode in the menus (which seems to include the calibration page) and HDR only in games that support it. While adjusting the brightness helps, in HDR mode the greens and reds seem to "pop" too much for me, but when compensating for that in HDR mode, the color in the SDR content in the xbox doesn't seem correct either. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the color settings stay the same in SDR and HDR, but the brightness, contrast, and a few other settings do change, correct?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the color settings stay the same in SDR and HDR, but the brightness, contrast, and a few other settings do change, correct?
no, SDR and HDR are treated as different sources and have their own set of settings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
no, SDR and HDR are treated as different sources and have their own set of settings.
Even the custom color space settings? I just applied your HDR settings with an HDR game and switched to the SDR Xbox menu. All settings changed but the custom color space settings. If that is the case, should there be much of a difference if I use your HDR color space settings on SDR?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Even the custom color space settings? I just applied your HDR settings with an HDR game and switched to the SDR Xbox menu.
yes, including custom color space and everything else. unfortunately i can't comment on what happens with game mode/console settings as i don't game but i can't imagine HDR settings doing SDR any favors.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just set up one of these and I find the UI to be the worst I've ever tried to use and the picture is nowhere near the LG OLED I'm replacing due to burn in, Very dissapointed.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just set up one of these and I find the UI to be the worst I've ever tried to use and the picture is nowhere near the LG OLED I'm replacing due to burn in, Very dissapointed.

That sucks that you had to replace a set due to burn in. Can’t help you with the UI, but with picture settings there are a couple tweaks that make a big difference.

First, disable all eco settings and only use intelligent mode for sound if you need it (you can play around with adaptive brightness but it kills the brightness setting on HDR which should always be maxed out with contrast when viewing HDR material).

For SDR, set picture mode to movie, local dimming to either standard or high and contrast enhancer to low. Depending on your lighting conditions set gamma to 2.2 (family room) instead of BT.1886 (theater room).

For HDR, set picture mode to movie, local dimming to high, contrast enhancer to low or high (depending on preference) and color space to native (for HDR I think colors seem to pop a little more with native, although auto will use the color space information in the metadata).

More specific recommendations can be found in the first post and in the rtings review under settings.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80t-qled/settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! I just bought one of these QN65Q80TA models to replace my UN65KS800. I hung the new set on the wall yesterday and began setting it up. The picture quality looks GREAT - I am having difficulty however in getting the "Audio" settings set up correctly. I have an older Sony DVD/Home Theater with Surround Sound and wireless rear speakers. It worked just fine on the previous UN65KS800 model (I had it connected via digital fiber optic audio cable to the One Connect Box on that set) and it functioned as it was supposed to. So, now I use an HDMI cable to connect the new QN65Q80T model to the Sony Home Theater Model... I go into the "Settings" Menu and tell the Samsung TV to output the audio to the Sony Home Theater. When I play live TV... it works just fine. When I stick a DVD into the Sony Home Theater, it works just fine. But when I try to use either the Netflix or Amazon prime streaming APP embedded into the Smart Samsung TV... the audio does not work - for example, if I was watching a live TV program right before I click-on Netflix, the audio from the TV program continues playing even though the video has switched over to the Netflix program. If I stop the Netflix Program and go to the setting menu, the only way I can get the audio to follow the video content is to switch the audio output to "TV Speakers" - this doesn't make any sense to me and I have tried everything imaginable but canNOT seem to find the "fix" for this issue. I am certain that I am doing something wrong or ? have the settings incorrect? or?? but I will be darned if I can figure out what it is. When I initially connected the Sony Home Theater to the Samsung TV, I used a HDMI cable and plugged it into the 2nd HDMI port - but the TV came back and suggested I utilize HDMI port #3 because it has some kind of arc-1 interface - so, I plugged the HDMI cable from the Home Theater into the 3rd HDMI port on the rear of the TV.

If anyone can give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong, I would surely appreciate it - I've tried the e-manuals (No Luck) a Samsung Chat Room (no response yet) and am just be-fuddled as to what I need to do to fix this issue.

Any Suggestions are WELCOME !! THANK YOU !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
For SDR, set picture mode to movie, local dimming to either standard or high and contrast enhancer to low. Depending on your lighting conditions set gamma to 2.2 (family room) instead of BT.1886 (theater room).
What color tone? Also, I see for HDR you suggest Native color space...how about SDR?

Thanks!

·
Registered
510 Posts
What color tone? Also, I see for HDR you suggest Native color space...how about SDR?

Thanks!

Auto color space for SDR. Warm 2 color tone unless you find it too warm and then go with warm 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J. Thomas

·
Registered
242 Posts
yes, including custom color space and everything else. unfortunately i can't comment on what happens with game mode/console settings as i don't game but i can't imagine HDR settings doing SDR any favors.
FYI, Game mode is a bit of a pain on this set (IMO). The settings don't carry over between inputs, like they do for Move mode, so you have to manually set all the values for each input you want to game with.

321 - 340 of 692 Posts