AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
until I watched the many negative You Tube reviews (rating, Quantum Nation, Quantum TV)
anything "Quantum" is the same person and not real reviews. Rtings never bashed it.

the real reviews are in this thread and people who ACTUALLY have the TV, enjoying it.

both Q80/90T are great choices depending on your budget.

·
Registered
238 Posts
anything "Quantum" is the same person and not real reviews. Rtings never bashed it.

the real reviews are in this thread and people who ACTUALLY have the TV, enjoying it.

both Q80/90T are great choices depending on your budget.
I agree but the only Rting test that concerned me was with lower peak brightness. How does the 80T brightness compare to other mfg sets in the same price range and is it noticeably different from last years 80R?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Do you know any specific changes on the update?
nobody knows any specifics, Samsung has stopped publishing update logs 3 or so years ago. it's all trial and error now. having said that -

they added FILMMAKER MODE as another Picture Mode entry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been doing some more troubleshooting with atmos not working with eARC enabled and this is where I'm at so far.

I can't get my x4400 to output atmos with eARC. I do get atmos if turn off eARC on my samsung q80t and just use ARC.

This is with eARC turned "off" at the TV:

This is with eARC turned "on" at the TV:

Atmos seems to get downgraded with eARC on.

Here is my AVR settings and firmware:

Firmware 5461-1353-8342-4145

TV settings:

HDMI eARC Mode: auto
Digital output audio format: auto
Dolby atmos: on
Anynet CEC: on

I am using a new monoprice 8k uhd hdmi cable running from the tv eARC to the denon ARC (monitor 1).

I posted on the 2017 denon forum and they seem to think its a TV issue. Is anyone else having eARC issues?

Audio source is built in tv apps and xbox one.

Any thoughts on how to get atmos with eARC?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Just returned a 75q800t for a 85q80t due to excessive dse on the 8k set. So far I like it...85 is massive and I already own an 82q70r.

Pretty much impressed with the uniformity which I checked right away. Its definitely not as "bright" as the q800t, but a bit brighter than my q70r.

Blooming is minimal but there nonetheless and black bars are a tad grey...however my loominoodle solves that easily.

So far it checks most all the boxes for me.

Reactions: musicman0725

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have been doing some more troubleshooting with atmos not working with eARC enabled and this is where I'm at so far.

TV settings:

HDMI eARC Mode: auto
Digital output audio format: auto
Dolby atmos: on
Anynet CEC: on

I am using a new monoprice 8k uhd hdmi cable running from the tv eARC to the denon ARC (monitor 1).

I posted on the 2017 denon forum and they seem to think its a TV issue. Is anyone else having eARC issues?

Try setting the TV HDMI eARC mode to pass through instead of auto. Also does the HDMI cable have ethernet? I know that is one of the requirements for the Denon with eARC.

Just returned a 75q800t for a 85q80t due to excessive dse on the 8k set. So far I like it...85 is massive and I already own an 82q70r.

Pretty much impressed with the uniformity which I checked right away. Its definitely not as "bright" as the q800t, but a bit brighter than my q70r.

Blooming is minimal but there nonetheless and black bars are a tad grey...however my loominoodle solves that easily.

So far it checks most all the boxes for me.
That’s cool. How was the 8K upscaling and would you have kept it if the panel were better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cam1977

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
@musicman0725 upscaling was fine, I couldn't really discern 8k from my other 4k sets, if that makes sense...maybe its better with 80 and above. If the panel were cleaner yes I would have kept the q800t, but I didn't want to play panel lottery with it.

Reactions: musicman0725

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try setting the TV HDMI eARC mode to pass through instead of auto. Also does the HDMI cable have ethernet? I know that is one of the requirements for the Denon with eARC.

That’s cool. How was the 8K upscaling and would you have kept it if the panel were better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks like pass through is not available with the tv apps (its grey'ed out). It is available with the Xbox but switching between auto and pass through didn't change anything.

These are the cables im using:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=31231

I'm beginning to think there is a issue with either the tv or the AVR. Is anyone getting atmos output from a denon AVR using eARC?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I am also having issues with proper eARC function.

I am based in Czech Republic and my setup is QE65Q80T running 1115.5 with Denon X4400H connected via HDMI 3 (eARC) with HDMI 2.1 cable.

This is what I am experiencing. When I enable eARC option on TV sound gets lost after couple of seconds and even video goes out with “no source found” on HDMI 3. I need to turn off/on whole system to get it detected. When I keep just ARC, I still have this compatibility Dolby Atmos option enabled and guess what, it works (At least on Netflix) So eARC function is somehow messed up I don’t think this is an AVR issue as X4400 has full eARC support.

MrB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I am based in Czech Republic and my setup is QE65Q80T running 1115.5 with Denon X4400H connected via HDMI 3 (eARC) with HDMI 2.1 cable.

This is what I am experiencing. When I enable eARC option on TV sound gets lost after couple of seconds and even video goes out with “no source found” on HDMI 3. I need to turn off/on whole system to get it detected. When I keep just ARC, I still have this compatibility Dolby Atmos option enabled and guess what, it works (At least on Netflix) So eARC function is somehow messed up I don’t think this is an AVR issue as X4400 has full eARC support.

MrB
What bothers me still is that TV is not turning on AVR automatically via CEC as after I turn TV off and on it goes to TV sound output automatically. I need to manually change sound output to HDMI receiver, then it turns on avr and nvdidia shield. I never had this issue with my old KS7000. At least remote works fine with shield :)

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
I agree but the only Rting test that concerned me was with lower peak brightness. How does the 80T brightness compare to other mfg sets in the same price range and is it noticeably different from last years 80R?
You turn pretty much any LED to a white screen in a dark room you will be blinded.........

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks like pass through is not available with the tv apps (its grey'ed out). It is available with the Xbox but switching between auto and pass through didn't change anything.

These are the cables im using:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=31231

I'm beginning to think there is a issue with either the tv or the AVR. Is anyone getting atmos output from a denon AVR using eARC?

There was a firmware update yesterday from Denon that was released for my X4500H (I believe the X4400 also received an update). There is also new firmware available on the Samsung website (1301.5) for the Q80T which enables filmmaker mode and likely has other bug fixes. I would recommend power cycling your devices (hold power button on Denon until it says restarting / hold power button on TV remote until it reboots and you see QLED) and afterwards if you still have issues update firmware on both the TV and Denon to latest. @storey confirmed his cable supports HDMI w/Ethernet which is required for Denon eARC. @MrBCZ not sure what cable you are using. I don’t have this TV, but let people know if you’ve already tried these things and what else you’ve already tried so that hopefully someone with a Denon and T series QLED can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
^read post #449 a couple times of you need to, for my honest assessment...the q800t out performs the q80t in all areas except for the dse I had.

Also, blooming does exist contrary to what you have been claiming all along which isnt surprising considering. If you can find a single post on this thread where I bad mouthed the q80t show me.

441 - 460 of 699 Posts