AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1456 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,101
Thanks alot. I was just looking for some basic settings. Even on the same model every tv is different so shouldnt a calibrator be playing around with those settings?
yes, panels can vary a lot even on the same model so any custom user settings, especially that change White Balance and Color Space, should serve merely as a "starting point" (you can always leave those on default or auto). there's no harm in trying them and learning what all of them do as there's a good chance you'll end up with something you prefer over the default settings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yes, panels can vary a lot even on the same model so any custom user settings, especially that change White Balance and Color Space, should serve merely as a "starting point" (you can always leave those on default or auto). there's no harm in trying them and learning what all of them do as there's a good chance you'll end up with something you prefer over the default settings.
Thanks alot for tips bro. I'm getting the tv on thursdays and ill give it a shot.

·
Vendor
27,994 Posts
Can you comment on the Q80T vs the Sony X950H? Those are the two TV's I am trying to decide between, but, unfortunately, it will have to be the 49-inch size. I need to just make a decision, though. I'm driving myself crazy watching and reading reviews... lol.
Those sets are very close in overall performance. Samsung has more color pop I hear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can you comment on the Q80T vs the Sony X950H? Those are the two TV's I am trying to decide between, but, unfortunately, it will have to be the 49-inch size. I need to just make a decision, though. I'm driving myself crazy watching and reading reviews... lol.
I know the 49" q80t is only a 60hz panel and i think it has less dimming zones. I'm not sure about the x950h though

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to know about the motion settings on the samsung tvs.
Blur reduction
Judder reduction
LED clear motion
What do you guys keep your settings at? What's the difference between Blur reduction vs LED clear motion? Which is better for watching sports? Thanks alot

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does the latest update fix the game mode dimming bug?
Yes, fixed in 1402

Hey guys just wanted to know about the motion settings on the samsung tvs.
Blur reduction
Judder reduction
LED clear motion
What do you guys keep your settings at? What's the difference between Blur reduction vs LED clear motion? Which is better for watching sports? Thanks alot
I like Custom with de-blur 10 / de-judder 3. If you go too high with de-judder you will begin to notice the soap opera effect. In general de-blur is for 60p content (i.e. sports), de-judder is for 24/30p (i.e. movies).

LED clear motion uses black frame insertion. It helps with motion but makes the picture darker and I don’t like using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlexTypeR

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, fixed in 1402

I like Custom with de-blur 10 / de-judder 3. If you go too high with de-judder you will begin to notice the soap opera effect. In general de-blur is for 60p content (i.e. sports), de-judder is for 24/30p (i.e. movies).

LED clear motion uses black frame insertion. It helps with motion but makes the picture darker and I don’t like using it.

Thanks alot bro

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does anyone have noticeable vertical bands when watching football?
No, although DSE is panel specific and mine is very clean. For what it’s worth (and take this with a grain of salt because you really can’t go on what people post to a forum), the Q80T panels seem to be better than the other 2020 Samsung FALDs in terms of people reporting DSE in this thread. It really is a panel lottery though with this technology so YMMV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, although DSE is panel specific and mine is very clean. For what it’s worth (and take this with a grain of salt because you really can’t go on what people post to a forum), the Q80T panels seem to be better than the other 2020 Samsung FALDs in terms of people reporting DSE in this thread. It really is a panel lottery though with this technology so YMMV.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I had the Q80T and swapped it for the Q90T due to the DSE. I may give an exchange a go. I got it from the student store and I have a slight suspicious that these discounted TVs are ones that aren't as on par. Would it make sense for Samsung to send the QC spotted DSE affected panels, to the student store where they're less likely to pick up complaints at a discount? Tinfoil hat, but either way I think I'll exchange. Shame because the TV is fantastic otherwise.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I had the Q80T and swapped it for the Q90T due to the DSE. I may give an exchange a go. I got it from the student store and I have a slight suspicious that these discounted TVs are ones that aren't as on par. Would it make sense for Samsung to send the QC spotted DSE affected panels, to the student store where they're less likely to pick up complaints at a discount? Tinfoil hat, but either way I think I'll exchange. Shame because the TV is fantastic otherwise.
They could do that but I would guess it’s more of a QA type issue with where the panels are produced. Luck of the draw if that is where your orders are sourced from in the supply chain. Ultimately Samsung is responsible for it and must provide warranty service on any bad panels for these defects if they are reported in the warranty period (or exchanged).

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a q95t since I'm not in the US, my previous set was terrible with football games and dse was very visible, my tv had a tiny fingerprint, tried to clean it became a huge blueish smudge so samsung exchanged it after a month it arrived yesterday. First thing I did was watch football game and the dse is non existent. I will perform more test with high LD which isn't something that would be used on HD content. From the looks of it, panel lottery again, same with my ks9500 previously

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys I am looking at getting the 65q80t but one thing is holding me back. Right now in my Android TV I use a vpn for streaming purposes. I understand this isn't possible on Samsung tvs? Does anyone know of a way?

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Do not use cleaners of any kind on these tv's. Only bottled water and a micro soft towel that has been rinsed and air dried. Never use any cleaning cloth that has been in the dryer with a dryer sheet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a q95t since I'm not in the US, my previous set was terrible with football games and dse was very visible, my tv had a tiny fingerprint, tried to clean it became a huge blueish smudge so samsung exchanged it after a month it arrived yesterday. First thing I did was watch football game and the dse is non existent. I will perform more test with high LD which isn't something that would be used on HD content. From the looks of it, panel lottery again, same with my ks9500 previously
This is encouraging. I'm also from the UK, and whenever I watch football and there's say, a long ball and the camera pans, there's a lot of DSE.

1101 - 1120 of 1456 Posts