AVS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1210 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
This is encouraging. I'm also from the UK, and whenever I watch football and there's say, a long ball and the camera pans, there's a lot of DSE.
Sound to me like you may benefit from a little LED Clear Motion. Why not try a little and see if it works for you. You can always go back and change it if you don't. Remember that when you engage a helper it takes a couple of days to truly know if it helps or hurts. It takes a watch or two to get used to a change It could be broadcast or it could be the helper.

·
Vendor
27,502 Posts
Do not use cleaners of any kind on these tv's. Only bottled water and a micro soft towel that has been rinsed and air dried. Never use any cleaning cloth that has been in the dryer with a dryer sheet.
If you do all that, I can tell you, you will not scratch your screen :)

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I have never seen a person who has had as much dislike for his TV, not take it back. It must have been stolen or bought out of the back of one of those vans is all I can come up with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my tv a week ago and put the new 1402 formware in right away and everything was good until.last night. Goes dim in standard pic mode now and tjats my go to pic mode.. All other pic modes work without dimming so far. ... Im Still making paymrnts on my vizio m series that took a **** just after warranty expired and now this with the new one. I hate this ****...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my tv a week ago and put the new 1402 formware in right away and everything was good until.last night. Goes dim in standard pic mode now and tjats my go to pic mode.. All other pic modes work without dimming so far. ... Im Still making paymrnts on my vizio m series that took a ** just after warranty expired and now this with the new one. I hate this **...
Make sure eco mode isn't set to dim too much. It's under 'general', not under 'picture'.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got my tv a week ago and put the new 1402 formware in right away and everything was good until.last night. Goes dim in standard pic mode now and tjats my go to pic mode.. All other pic modes work without dimming so far. ... Im Still making paymrnts on my vizio m series that took a ** just after warranty expired and now this with the new one. I hate this **...
Lol my 2015 Vizio M-series pooped out after warranty as well, we actually had a discussion a few pages back about planned obsolescence. I would encourage patience, this really is an incredible set and continued firmware appears to be ironing out the bugs. Most of the people I've heard have said the dimming bug was eliminated and I know I certainly haven't experienced it on the new firmware.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lol my 2015 Vizio M-series pooped out after warranty as well, we actually had a discussion a few pages back about planned obsolescence. I would encourage patience, this really is an incredible set and continued firmware appears to be ironing out the bugs. Most of the people I've heard have said the dimming bug was eliminated and I know I certainly haven't experienced it on the new firmware.

Ive had it the tv since Sep 29th with 1402 update with no dimming until last night but just on standard pic mode... Don't.understand.. Service is comimg out the 19th
Is intelligent Mode off as well, mostly the ambient mode first one under general ? Just trying to help, it can be the sh88s to try and find a culprit.
Intel is off and I just found this..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ive had it the tv since Sep 29th with 1402 update with no dimming until last night but just on standard pic mode... Don't.understand.. Service is comimg out the 19th

Intel is off and I just found this.. View attachment 3044979
Is that some sort of horizontal line? I had over 8 dead pixels on my first one, and pretty bad DSE. No shame in getting service till your happy. I exchanged mine right away and am very pleased with the new panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
See the dark smudges water stain like under and around.that line your.talking about.. When the grey Youtube screen comes up you can see what looks like water stains behind the screen.. Probably bad panels looks horrible though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
See the dark smudges water stain like under and around.that line your.talking about.. When the grey Youtube screen comes up you can see what looks like water stains behind the screen.. Probably bad panels looks horrible though.
Oh yeah, I thought that might have been an artifact from the camera. Definitely replacement worthy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why did you keep it? If my 65" had that much I'd have taken it back.
because unfortunately, i bought the TV online and shipped it to a location outside of the USA. taking it back at such a big size and reshipping it is quite a hassle to be honest. i have to live with what i got. but i still dont see how such expensive TVs pass quality control. i understand that all LCDs suffer from DSE to some extent, but when its too much i dont see how it passes quality control and is offered in stores.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Yep. I would send that one back. It would bug me the rest of the time I owned it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys, I saw a video from Vincent Teoh of HDTV Test saying Game Mode picture quality on the Q80T was poor and that local dimming was very limited in this mode, but apparently a recent update has fixed that? Is that true? It would certainly change my mind on this TV if so!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi guys, I saw a video from Vincent Teoh of HDTV Test saying Game Mode picture quality on the Q80T was poor and that local dimming was very limited in this mode, but apparently a recent update has fixed that? Is that true? It would certainly change my mind on this TV if so!
Game mode is great to me. I’ve had no issues with local dimming. PQ looks amazing on my PS4 Pro. His review was likely from awhile ago. There have been a number of firmware updates that have improved game mode (most recently the LD bug on 1402).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Bucket

·
Registered
4 Posts
In what review does Vincent say the game mode picture quality is poor? The one where he compares it to a Sony 950H? I don't ever remember him saying the picture quality was poor, and in reference to the local dimming his exact words are that "to achieve a lower input lag, Samsung's game mode neuters local dimming to a greater degree than the Sony's." He certainly points out that the Samsung tends towards grayer blacks in game mode vs the Sony, but then goes on to point out how great the flame looks in a scene in Horizon Zero Dawn on the Samsung compared to the Sony. I think his point is that it is a pick your poison with TVs... there is always something another TV will do better.

I was not experiencing the dimming bug people were complaining about before the most recent firmware update, but it seems like getting a firmware update fixed the bug, real or imagined.

Game mode seems to be just as visually thrilling as non-game mode on this TV, and to my eyes it seems to live up to the reviews it got on RTings and from Vincent.

1121 - 1140 of 1210 Posts