AVS Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1427 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Someone help please. I am looking to buy a Q80T 50" as a PC monitor. Rtings mention this is a great tv to have for pc. There's two models and they are priced different at Best buy.
QN50Q80TAFXZA AND QN50Q80TAFXZC. They both seem to be 2020 models. What is the difference between the A OR C at the end?

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I thought the FXZA was USA and the FXZC was for Canada, same unit buy the cheaper one.
I could be wrong, anybody else know different.

·
Vendor
27,933 Posts
I thought the FXZA was USA and the FXZC was for Canada, same unit buy the cheaper one.
I could be wrong, anybody else know different.
Someone help please. I am looking to buy a Q80T 50" as a PC monitor. Rtings mention this is a great tv to have for pc. There's two models and they are priced different at Best buy.
QN50Q80TAFXZA AND QN50Q80TAFXZC. They both seem to be 2020 models. What is the difference between the A OR C at the end?
Best to ask Best Buy but I would think, very little as @Glenee noted

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 65” Q80T and was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to stop the soap opera effect I’m experiencing? I went to expert settings and turned ‘Picture Clarity Settings’ to OFF, but I’m still getting very noticeable soap opera effect and it’s making an otherwise amazing picture, unwatchable.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Try Filmaker Picture mode if you have the latest firmware. Color space setting to Native. The filmaker mode will turn off most of the culprits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a 65” Q80T and was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to stop the soap opera effect I’m experiencing? I went to expert settings and turned ‘Picture Clarity Settings’ to OFF, but I’m still getting very noticeable soap opera effect and it’s making an otherwise amazing picture, unwatchable.
I have read that if you actually turn Picture Clarity settings ON and put the blur/judder sliders to zero and turn off clear motion, it may solve your problem.

(BTW, I find this problem very odd actually as I don't experience it on my set with all settings OFF.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried filmmaker mode and that darkened the picture significantly but didn’t have any effect on motion.

I had also previously tried turning the clarity back on and adjusting the sliders to no avail.

So is my TV wonky, or is this just how Samsung handles motion on this model? I’m coming from a Panny GT30 plasma.
Every single store has their motion settings always on high so when I had been shopping around, I always had the assumption that I could just turn that off, but after turning it off on my Q80T, while an improvement, there’s still what I would call a soap opera effect.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,190
I tried filmmaker mode and that darkened the picture significantly but didn’t have any effect on motion.
did you try settings in the first post? what's your source?

make sure Intelligent / Eco settings are Off regardless of the Picture mode you're using. every source (including HDR mode for the same source) has its own individual set of settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
did you try settings in the first post? what's your source?

make sure Intelligent / Eco settings are Off regardless of the Picture mode you're using. every source (including HDR mode for the same source) has its own individual set of settings.
All that’s off and I’m using the rtings settings, which are very similar to the settings in the first post.
I updated the firmware as well.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,192
All that’s off and I’m using the rtings settings, which are very similar to the settings in the first post.
I updated the firmware as well.
alright, what's your source and exact Picture Clarity settings?

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright, what's your source and exact Picture Clarity settings?
Source is Roku, Oppo BD player, and PS4.
Clarity settings are set to ‘Off’ but I’ve tried custom and having the sliders both at 0 and the LED clear off, and noise reduction off.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,194
Source is Roku, Oppo BD player, and PS4.
Clarity settings are set to ‘Off’ but I’ve tried custom and having the sliders both at 0 and the LED clear off, and noise reduction off.
are you saying you're still experiencing soap opera effect with all of those sources while having Picture Clarity setting on Custom with Blur and Judder at 0?

·
Registered
59 Posts
that doesn't make much sense, those settings turn any extra processing off. double check your source settings.
Agree with @denpom to check any source settings that may be altering the source before it even gets to the TV. Do you see this on any specific HDMI port? Checked HDMI cable? Try viewing material directly from one of the TV apps such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu etc to rule out source interference.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased this tv yesterday trying to compared it to the LG CX.

noticed this after playing for an hr on the PS4 Pro (TLOU2). Some weird dark horizontal lines started appearing on the left side of the screen when bright scenes transitioned into dark scenes.
I turned off the tv for about an hr. Came back and tried to replicate this to no avail.
Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Try turning all eco stuff off, and I mean everything in there. Try turning off all in intelligent mode. Then try turning Filmmaker mode on. If you type in a search for filmmaker mode it was added to some of the TV manufactures just for this, Samsung is not the only manufacture to have this. But Filmmaker mode was a industry standard adopted by manufactures to turn off all signal processing, and it's main purpose was to combat soap opera effect.
The reason I had you turn Color space to native is because this is what your TV is going to do anyway ( Convert to it's native Color space) So why add extra processing.
Don't get this confused with Directv Passing on Native resolution, different animal all together.
If this don't minimize Soap Opera Effect it will be in the source, just like the very smart people above have told you.

P.S. This is a story in reference to the filmmaker mode, takes old farts a little longer to remember. There are more stories, but this should be the short of it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey just a quick question guys. My cable reciever is plugged straight to the tv and I'm able to use the samsung smart remote to control it. I'm getting a new sound system and my question is if I connect the cable reciever to the sound system and then the sound system to the tv through EARC will the smart remote still be able to control my cable reciever or does it need to be connected directly to the tv for that to work?

1181 - 1200 of 1427 Posts