AVS Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey just a quick question guys. My cable reciever is plugged straight to the tv and I'm able to use the samsung smart remote to control it. I'm getting a new sound system and my question is if I connect the cable reciever to the sound system and then the sound system to the tv through EARC will the smart remote still be able to control my cable reciever or does it need to be connected directly to the tv for that to work?
I think it will work but you may need to go through the Samsung universal remote setup. My Samsung remote controls my ATV that is connected through my receiver automatically. It doesn’t work automatically with DirecTV and I haven’t bothered to try the remote setup for that device since I have a Harmony remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it will work but you may need to go through the Samsung universal remote setup. My Samsung remote controls my ATV that is connected through my receiver automatically. It doesn’t work automatically with DirecTV and I haven’t bothered to try the remote setup for that device since I have a Harmony remote.

Thanks for the help bro. If I was looking for a universal remote what would you recommend

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the help bro. If I was looking for a universal remote what would you recommend
No problem. I really like the Harmony universal remotes. I would go with the Harmony Elite if I were to get a new one. It has the hub with extension IRs so it will work if it’s in a media cabinet and the doors are closed. They are pretty easy to set up and you can customize them nicely.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Harmony's are great. I have used one for many years. I am testing a new little remote showing a lot of promise. It is called SofaBaton U1 and is available on Amazon. You program this one VIA your iPhone or iPad with the Apple App. The programming of the individual buttons and customizing remote functions is the easiest I have used. This is just a fun litttle toy to mess with. You can watch a video on it on Youtube.

·
Registered
674 Posts
How do they work with the samsung tvs? I mean can I still navigate the menus and everything?
Yeah, works the same as the Samsung remote. I have an activity configured for watch smart tv where it allows me to navigate menus while controlling sound from the receiver. They have a database with thousands of devices. You add devices for a specific activity and then it will set the inputs on the devices to whatever they need to be set to. You tell it what controls sound, playback etc for the activity and what the inputs need to be set to. There is an iPhone app that you can use to configure everything.

Reactions: Glenee

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, works the same as the Samsung remote. I have an activity configured for watch smart tv where it allows me to navigate menus while controlling sound from the receiver. They have a database with thousands of devices. You add devices for a specific activity and then it will set the inputs on the devices to whatever they need to be set to. You tell it what controls sound, playback etc for the activity and what the inputs need to be set to. There is an iPhone app that you can use to configure everything.

Wow that simple lol. Sold. Gonna buy one lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
So basically I can use the harmony to open the tv and use it to choose my cable receiver and then once that's chosen the remote will automatically be able to control my receiver? (Once everything is set up obviously lol)

·
Registered
674 Posts
So basically I can use the harmony to open the tv and use it to choose my cable receiver and then once that's chosen the remote will automatically be able to control my receiver? (Once everything is set up obviously lol)
Yeah you add devices and then you configure activities so that it can control everything how you like it. It will turn the correct devices on/off and set the inputs on the TV/receiver to whatever you need for the activity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I am Brazilian and here the brands available for sale are Samsung LG Sony. The price of TVs in Brazil is very high I want to buy a 55 at BF. My use would be to watch open TV 1080i, watch HDR content on Netflix and Amazon, watch HDR movies via USB and play new generation games.

I only have one shot I can't miss

My options would be:
LG CX 55 but I play for 3 to 5 hours a day and watch a lot of content with subtitles

In this case the option I have left is the Q80T, what can you tell me about TV, what are its strengths and weaknesses? Is it worth taking it or do I wait for line 2021?

The x900hso is only available here in 65 inches. I cannot pay for it in this size.

My current tv is a Panasonic PZ80 PLASMA 2009

appreciate

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
The worst thing that could happen to someone like me has happened. We have a ice storm knock the power out and the electric company said it may be days before power is restored.
Man can not live without electricity !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. My brother lives on the coast of Alabama and just recently got his power back on after that last hurricane. Fortunately his work has commercial generators and let him use all their facilities.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Mine wasn't that Bad. There are people out there way worst than I could ever think about. I was just joking around. I had a friend one time that went without power for about 93 days, now thats bad. Some of my family in Florida once went almost this long.
Mine was just a little inconvenience and a bother.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all, just bought the 65in version (US model) for my PS5. Any consensus on the best PQ settings? Also, how is the latest firmware?

TY!:coffee:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Does anyone else use Freesync with this set? I've realized recently that the brightness is elevated when Freesync is in use (essentially it looks like the color range is 16-235 instead of 0-255). When I switch between Freesync on/off on my PC I can see the difference, so it's definitely related to Freesync and not anything else. I'm using a Radeon 5700 XT.

I can hack around it by using "Full RGB" mode on the PC and setting the TV to use "Low" for HDMI Black Level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new here.

Recently purchased this TV(55") for the upcoming Xbox Series X. So far I'm very happy with the TV. Would anyone be able to clarify a few things for me?

The TV is advertised as a 120hz panel. Now in the user manual says it does support 4k/120hz at 10 bit but it also says that only 1440p /60hz is supported using freesync, which is enabled when you enter game mode.

I have been testing this with my Xbox One X with one game that current supports 4k/120. Now I can only get the TV to run it in freesync/game mode at 1440p/60. Setting my Xbox to 120hz in 4k tells me my display can't do this and has to drop to 1440p.

Now I don't think I have a hdmi 2.1 cable so I am assuming this could be an issue. Is there any way of having the TV run in VRR without having to use freesync/game mode? Is this an issue with not having a 2.1 hdmi cable and a true hdmi 2.1 device?

Any help really appreciated! Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well.

Just to add there is someone here playing at 4k120 using freesync on PC so it's all very confusing.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi, new here.

Recently purchased this TV(55") for the upcoming Xbox Series X. So far I'm very happy with the TV. Would anyone be able to clarify a few things for me?

The TV is advertised as a 120hz panel. Now in the user manual says it does support 4k/120hz at 10 bit but it also says that only 1440p /60hz is supported using freesync, which is enabled when you enter game mode.

I have been testing this with my Xbox One X with one game that current supports 4k/120. Now I can only get the TV to run it in freesync/game mode at 1440p/60. Setting my Xbox to 120hz in 4k tells me my display can't do this and has to drop to 1440p.

Now I don't think I have a hdmi 2.1 cable so I am assuming this could be an issue. Is there any way of having the TV run in VRR without having to use freesync/game mode? Is this an issue with not having a 2.1 hdmi cable and a true hdmi 2.1 device?

Any help really appreciated! Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well.
Although the TV supports 4K/120, the Xbox one X does not. You will have to wait for either the Xbox series X or the PS5 to drop before you can test a console that is capable of 4K/120. And yes you will want to use a cable that is capable of the full hdmi 2.1 bandwidth when you get one of the new consoles and hook up to hdmi 4 (game). It is the only port on this TV capable of 4K/120.

Reactions: Charlie Bucket

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although the TV supports 4K/120, the Xbox one X does not. You will have to wait for either the Xbox series X or the PS5 to drop before you can test a console that is capable of 4K/120. And yes you will want to use a cable that is capable of the full hdmi 2.1 bandwidth when you get one of the new consoles and hook up to hdmi 4 (game). It is the only port on this TV capable of 4K/120.

Ah thanks. I am currently hooked up to port 4. I believed Xbox One X did get 4k/120 support but having delved deeper it did at get 120hz support but only at 1080/1440. Guess I'll wait and see how it goes when I get my series X next week.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

1201 - 1220 of 1447 Posts