AVS Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1829 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would suggest to use contrast enhancer to low cause in high it crashes the details ,u can observe this by watching the sky and the clouds. Color space settings must be in auto i think, cause native oversaturates the picture and its better to leave the console than the tv to determine this. I personally use warm 1 and not standard. But this is just my personal opinion after some research
So I tested this out today with VRR on and off and it looks like there is an issue. When scenes cut one to the next the transition is a pixelated mess. It happens mostly on darker scenes. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it, but it doesn’t look great. I’m also not sure how much this actually impacts gameplay as I haven’t really noticed it when playing games. I’ve only noticed it during cut scenes (or the main menu screen on Halo MCC). I also tested it out on a HDR YouTube video and it was very obvious. Doesn’t happen constantly though. I might try to get in touch with Samsung support. We’ll see...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm planning on getting a Samsung Q80T which has four HDMI inputs, one of which being a HDMI 2.1 gaming input supporting 120Hz. I gather that this input has some kind of gaming mode.

My current setup is running an Xbox 1X and Nvidia Shield (which I use for Netflix, Plex etc) through a Denon X3600 A/V receiver and then to a projector, and my question is: can I route my whole setup thru the A/V receiver and into the gaming HDMI input, or will this adversely effect movies and stuff I'm watching through my Nvidia Shield?

·
Registered
101 Posts
So I tested this out today with VRR on and off and it looks like there is an issue. When scenes cut one to the next the transition is a pixelated mess. It happens mostly on darker scenes. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it, but it doesn’t look great. I’m also not sure how much this actually impacts gameplay as I haven’t really noticed it when playing games. I’ve only noticed it during cut scenes (or the main menu screen on Halo MCC). I also tested it out on a HDR YouTube video and it was very obvious. Doesn’t happen constantly though. I might try to get in touch with Samsung support. We’ll see...
Maybe its the dirty screen effect(DSE)...As for the VRR many say that it messes with the gamma in all Brands not only Samsung ..For sure there is some kind of degradation with VRR in all Brands even if its is minor and not easy to notice...But what u describe i think its closer to DSE than VRR issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called a Samsung support technician and strangely he says its normal. this does not qualify for a replacement as its not visible on all backgrounds and also only from sides and not straight on. I am really pissed off now. :mad:
Strangely enough Samsung people called me and they probably mistook my 65 q80t as q800t (8k) and are now offering the 8k q800t as replacement. Should I get it or correct them and ask them to provide correct replacement. I need to reply by end of day today. Please suggest?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm planning on getting a Samsung Q80T which has four HDMI inputs, one of which being a HDMI 2.1 gaming input supporting 120Hz. I gather that this input has some kind of gaming mode.

My current setup is running an Xbox 1X and Nvidia Shield (which I use for Netflix, Plex etc) through a Denon X3600 A/V receiver and then to a projector, and my question is: can I route my whole setup thru the A/V receiver and into the gaming HDMI input, or will this adversely effect movies and stuff I'm watching through my Nvidia Shield?
Will work fine, but the Denon is HDMI 2.0 only so 4K 60hz is the most it can do.

1080p/1440p 120hz is possible over HDMI 2.0 if the Denon can pass those through to the TV.

But Xbox One X cant really leverage 120hz output anyway so its fine for 4K 60hz.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there anyone that tested what the input lag is in game mode if game motion plus is turned on using 4k 120?

RTINGS has a rating for 4k at 120 but without game motion plus on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all.
I had the q80t 55 inch but wanted to get the 65 so I returned the 55. I can't seem to remove apps from the home bar on the 65 like I could on the 55. If I press down it just takes me to free movies and then free tv shows. Where in the 55 inch I press down and can move the app or remove it. Do I need to turn off a setting to get rid of the free movies or how do I remove apps from the main bar?
I know for some models you long press the source button but this remote doesn't have that. Maybe i will try long press home button.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone update to 1403.1? I'm currently at 1403 and when I download 1403.1 to USB the TV says no updates available. Anyone have success?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Using HDMI 2.0B resolved this problem for me... or maybe its just because I am using better quality cable...
can you link the type of HDMI cable you are talking about? I bought this one on Amazon and there is no difference. I don't see any reason why this cable wouldn't work, but ATMOS is still greyed out. You would think a $1,700 receiver and $3k tv would have no problem with eARC but here we are.

what i just bought:

·
Vendor
28,663 Posts
Strangely enough Samsung people called me and they probably mistook my 65 q80t as q800t (8k) and are now offering the 8k q800t as replacement. Should I get it or correct them and ask them to provide correct replacement. I need to reply by end of day today. Please suggest?
How do you know they made a mistake, maybe they have no 80T in stock? Sounds like you are a new Q800T coming.

·
Registered
108 Posts
can you link the type of HDMI cable you are talking about? I bought this one on Amazon and there is no difference. I don't see any reason why this cable wouldn't work, but ATMOS is still greyed out. You would think a $1,700 receiver and $3k tv would have no problem with eARC but here we are.

what i just bought:

I bought that one : UltraLink INTHD2MP Premium Certified Integrator HDMI Cable (2M)
Once I connected my AVR with this cable to the earc port, the tv message me that my set is connected to an "atmos supported device".... from there I can't help you sorry. Any firmware update on your AVR ?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,456
Anyone update to 1403.1? I'm currently at 1403 and when I download 1403.1 to USB the TV says no updates available. Anyone have success?
you already have that update. the about window by the update page in the settings doesn't display decimal numbers. you can check that info in details in the About menu in the settings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my Q80T was just automatically updated to firmware 1460. Anyone know what has changed in this update?

View attachment 3062910
I wonder if this is the 1403.1 firmware update for other countries. I know the US/EU usually get them first then it rolls out to others. If not then I’ll welcome another firmware update that makes things better(hopefully).

1441 - 1460 of 1829 Posts