AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any Q900TS/Q950TS owners can confirm 8K60Hz works at 4:4:4 using Nvidia RTX 3080/3090 GPUs? I own the Q900R 2019 model and I'm looking to upgrade. FWIW on the 2019 model I'm able to select 8K60 at 4:2:0 only. According to the manual 8K60 4:4:4 should be possible in 2020 models. Thanks in advance

2020 manual:

2019 manual:

·
Registered
39 Posts
If your source is connected to HDMI Port 4 with Signal Plus = On, you should have no problem with 4k/120 HDR.
- Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, then select Port 4​
I've definitely had loads of problems with both consoles (during review phase). PS5 will just flip out and go blue/red, when it wakes from rest it's washed out and I have to change ports.

On the flipside, Xbox Series X is severely crushed. Something appears to be wrong with HDR on both platforms.

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
I've definitely had loads of problems with both consoles (during review phase). PS5 will just flip out and go blue/red, when it wakes from rest it's washed out and I have to change ports.
This TV has only one HDMI 2.1 port - Port 4, which is labeled as the game HDMI port. So why would you expect a better result by changing ports? Port 4 must be setup with Signal Plus enabled for it to work with PS5. PS5 will work on other ports, but not with VRR or 4k/120 HDR.

There may very well be issues with the HDMI 2.1 port. Obviously, I cannot confirm it at this point. However, if PS5 is connected to the correctly configured Port 4 and it doesn't work as expected, then Samsung needs to know.

·
Vendor
28,616 Posts

think it was that one.
Does YouTube transfer 8K footage? I know there was a time were 4K video's where on YouTube but they would not transfer as such they where downgraded to 1080P.....

·
Vendor
28,616 Posts
This pic is Netflix 4k hdr
But bluray 4k hdr disk has same problem too
If you exchanged the TV its not the TV. Your cables or receiver? Any other devises connected? If not, test a few other devises?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello

I couldnt found the official thread. Dont know if its even exist. Anyway. I was thinking of buying Samsung QLED QE85Q950TS 8K TV. I have a few questions about before deciding.

1. How many ports are HDMI 2.1 and which one does support eARC?
2. Which port does support ATMOS?
3. How is the upscaling from 1080P and 4K?
4. How will it work with PS5? Will the PS5 support 8K or is it only 4K? Will thd TV switch to 4K resolution or will stay in 8K resolution and just upscale PS5 4K signal?
5. I was thinking of connecting PC with RTX 3000 series GPU to Samsung Soundbar Q950T. Does the Soundbar support HDMI 2.1 anz how many port does it have and how many of them support HDMI 2.1? Will this setup work Nd what port should it be connected from Soundbar to HDMI port on the TV to get ATMOS from content from tve PC?
6. PS5 will also be connected to Soundbar. Will i be able to play [email protected]?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
1. How many ports are HDMI 2.1 and which one does support eARC?
2. Which port does support ATMOS?
3. How is the upscaling from 1080P and 4K?
4. How will it work with PS5? Will the PS5 support 8K or is it only 4K? Will thd TV switch to 4K resolution or will stay in 8K resolution and just upscale PS5 4K signal?
5. I was thinking of connecting PC with RTX 3000 series GPU to Samsung Soundbar Q950T. Does the Soundbar support HDMI 2.1 anz how many port does it have and how many of them support HDMI 2.1? Will this setup work Nd what port should it be connected from Soundbar to HDMI port on the TV to get ATMOS from content from tve PC?
6. PS5 will also be connected to Soundbar. Will i be able to play [email protected]?
  1. Only one HDMI 2.1 port: Port 4. Port 3 is an HDMI 2.0 port that supports eARC
  2. Port 3
  3. ¿Fine?
  4. AFAIK, PS5 supports 8K and so does the Q900TS on Port 4 with Signal Plus enabled
  5. Dunno, this thread is about the TV, not the soundbar
  6. See 5 above; I plan to connect the PS5 directly to the TV Port 4 and then use eARC back to my AVP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone noticed any problems when using 4K/120 + HDR?

I'm noticing a problem where it starts off fine, but then gets insanely washed out and the HDR calibrator does weird things. Using a regular port is fine.
I was having the same issue as well using HDMI 2.1 (Port 4) with Input Signal Plus enabled. It keeps having trouble handshaking and flicks back and forth between SDR and HDR until it settles randomly onto one. If it settles on HDR, the colour was extremely washed out. Also the 120Hz support more often than not is not listed.

Anyways, I just saw that there's a new firmware update for our TV, uploaded on 12/11/20 (coincidentally PS5 launch day?, haha) uploaded on the Australian support page, version 1403.1. So far it seems to have solved any issues I had. Give it a go.

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
Does YouTube transfer 8K footage? I know there was a time were 4K video's where on YouTube but they would not transfer as such they where downgraded to 1080P.....
Yes, the built-in YouTube app on the Q900TS shows 8k and HDR. But most clips that are said to be 8k show in 4k. In fact, I would say 1 in 10 or so show in 8k. At least that's what YouTube info reports. I can't really confirm that it actually transfers to the TV in 8k. It's hard to tell visually without an 8k reference.

Reactions: shancake

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was having the same issue as well using HDMI 2.1 (Port 4) with Input Signal Plus enabled. It keeps having trouble handshaking and flicks back and forth between SDR and HDR until it settles randomly onto one. If it settles on HDR, the colour was extremely washed out. Also the 120Hz support more often than not is not listed.

Anyways, I just saw that there's a new firmware update for our TV, uploaded on 12/11/20 (coincidentally PS5 launch day?, haha) uploaded on the Australian support page, version 1403.1. So far it seems to have solved any issues I had. Give it a go.
I still can't get HDR when in 4K/120. It says it's not enabled when I'm outputting at 4K/120.

Similarly, coming out of rest mode sometimes turns HDR off as well.

·
Registered
Q900ts PS5
1 Posts
I just got my 75” q900ts up ans running with a few very minor tweaks to picture and making sure it’s ready for my now hooked up ps5. All good to go, however. I’m already noticing that the hdr is flipping out at random times. And when it flips it stays flipped until I turn off the ps5 and the tv. Input signal plus is in check and on and the ps is in the designated hdmi port 4 correlating with the obvious game controller sticker plainly in sight. So I’m not sure what is a foot here. Also I’ve used the tv for less than 20 hours and I just noticed a fist six shadow that is halfway between center and the right edge about 7” from the top of the tv. It can easily be seen when looking at a monochromatic screen, sports certain times in gaming but for the most part not in normal tv viewing. However I have seen a few different cases like this pop up from a YouTuber and just a couple of ppl here. I’ve searched and I really can’t find a thread that is specific to what is happening.
It is not vertical banding, if anything it’s more horizontal than vertical and it is up to date with firmware I did when I pulled it out of the box yesterday. Thanks all for your time.

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
BTW, the one thing the Q9n0TS has over OLED is HDR. HDR on OLED cannot compete because OLED cannot get bright enough. OLED screens are generally at their brightest during normal viewing. When in HDR mode, the rest of the OLED image is dimmed in order to get the full HDR spectrum.

I've been watching YouTube 4k/HDR clips from Virtual Japan that are just spectacular on this TV. The same clips on my OLED TVs don't come close.

Reactions: dreadnok89

·
Registered
348 Posts
BTW, the one thing the Q9n0TS has over OLED is HDR. HDR on OLED cannot compete because OLED cannot get bright enough. OLED screens are generally at their brightest during normal viewing. When in HDR mode, the rest of the OLED image is dimmed in order to get the full HDR spectrum.

I've been watching YouTube 4k/HDR clips from Virtual Japan that are just spectacular on this TV. The same clips on my OLED TVs don't come close.
i think the q900ts looks fantastic. i had the guy at the store do everything with it. hooked up an antenna , watched football, watched 8k youtube, it was fantastic looking

·
Registered
242 Posts

i prefer choice of accurate picture modes for comparison I do not own an OLED TV But I would like a comparison ones

I agree with you But I didn't compare many contents Most of the comparisons were with the AMOLED screen Note 10 Plus

But not sure Because my comparisons were on low bit rate Netflix content

In the conjuring the introduction Love the way detail and color of the Blanket stand out in a dark room in amoled

Also the revenant in Netflix But it was all FHD SDR The brightness, the way to highlight the details of the faces etc. is beautiful on the amoled and trees

I have some high bit sdr the movies that were a competition The dimming is probably good performance for HDR content on the Q950TS

The revenant HDR performed amazingly compared to OLED brightness And color Plenty of dark scenes very well in the Q950TS But few of them show OLEDs more detail and show their versatility, but it doesn't matter a few seconds

I mean crush shadow details

Maybe the difference is because the 4K content and HDR are also excellent

Despite feeling the best of the Q950TS Sometimes I find myself thinking even slightly more deeply about the Infinitive Contrast of OLED and reconsidering how it stands out in opacity at the pixel level I find myself confused When compared to direct

But with indirect and sometimes I feel that the Q950TS is better

Q950TS It's amazing in HDR content

Know that the comparison may be Imperfect Because it is a small RGB OLED phone Comparison of OLED TV

I feel that OLEDs may have unique features like the Q950TS. I like the brightness and tone mapping of the Q950TS and not suffer from ABL so I feel in preference to the Q950TS.

Perhaps OLED TV will be excellent with certain scenes and movies covering the deficiency of the Q950TS because it is not emissive display

Excited about the development of quantum dot tv in the future where there is no rival

It is comfortable as it cannot suffer burn in in the varied use of the living room where it is not worried

Maybe the size of the TV is a nice thing

·
Registered
10 Posts
If connect PC with HDMI 2.1 output port to Q950TS 8K TV on port 4 which is HDMI 2.1 and then connect from Samsung Q950T Soundbar output port with eARC to port 3 on Q950TS 8K TV that has eARC and in settings chose the Soundbar as sound output would i get the sound from PC or PS5 and also get Atmos when played Atmos content on PC or PS5? And I would get [email protected] HDR 4:4:4 with PC or with PS5 [email protected] HDR 4:4:4 plus Atmos? Am i correct in what i saying or does it have to be in other ways? The Soundbar does not have HDMI 2.1. Thanks in advance. Need quick answers please because its Black Friday soon and i have to decide what to do.

421 - 440 of 472 Posts