AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung 75Q950TS, ONKYO TX-NR676E, Klipsch Reference 5.2, Samsung UBD-K8500, Foxtel IQ4, AppleTV4K
1 Posts
I have a Q950TS 8k and it is running very hot. You can feel the heat coming off the TV from half a metre away. I've never seen a TV do this. Has any other owners noticed this and is this OK or a problem?

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
I was having the same issue as well using HDMI 2.1 (Port 4) with Input Signal Plus enabled. It keeps having trouble handshaking and flicks back and forth between SDR and HDR until it settles randomly onto one. If it settles on HDR, the colour was extremely washed out. Also the 120Hz support more often than not is not listed.

Anyways, I just saw that there's a new firmware update for our TV, uploaded on 12/11/20 (coincidentally PS5 launch day?, haha) uploaded on the Australian support page, version 1403.1. So far it seems to have solved any issues I had. Give it a go.
I assume by now you know the VRR issue is related to the panel's gamma refresh rate. Apparently, every existing TV (including OLEDs) has this issue. And more than likely, it cannot be resolved via firmware update. This is all according to Vincent Teoh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys - just picked up a 65" 900TS. This TV is definitely a spectacle.

Walking into the store, it was literally the only TV that stood out (I know it was demo material and it is meant to be like that). Compared to any other screen in the store, it was in a league of it's own and they had all the good TV's on display also playing their own demo material (OLED LG, OLED Sony, Q90T, etc.).

The color vibrancy is amazing, the brightness will sear your eyes, the contrast is deep, and the blacks are also pretty darn good (and they should be for this money).

One thing I thought was interesting, when I went to the back of the store to collect the TV they were actually opening boxes for people picking up TV's because apparently people were buying TV's and coming back returning them saying the panels were broken (I personally think this must of been some sort of Kijiji scam, where they buy burnt in or damaged displays and then exchange them in new boxes). Long story short, I was lucky they were doing this. They opened the 900TS box and there was a little piece of masking tape on the center of the screen with the word "MANCHA" written on it (me being Canadian I have no spanish in my vocab, I had no idea what it meant). A quick google search later revealed it meant "stain" in spanish and we powered up the screen and there was a large area where you could visibly see the backlight grid! Anyways quick swap later I was good to go the swapped TV looked perfect and all is well in the world.

All of us had a laugh because none of the guys working there had ever seen something like that before (presumably because QC would pull the panel).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, seeing all the horror stories about the Q90T when it comes to DSE or banding, I was wondering if any of you experienced similar issues with the Q900TS? Trying to decide whether I should go for the Q900 over the Q90.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone upgraded to the latest Q950TS firmware that was just released on December 7, 2020? Notice any changes? I could not find a change log and I am not brave enough to be the first to upgrade and wind up with a high priced brick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just returned my Q900ts the banding was so obnoxious that I couldn’t take it. The Samsung tech they sent out said, “they all look like that, I don’t see the issue”. Amazon was awesome about the return. Ended up buying a LG GX77 instead.

I ended up moving an old 4K set into the theater temporarily so I can still play games while I am waiting on the OLED, my wife came out to watch a show and even she commented the older 4K set looks so much better.

I'm sure a lot of you guys got good panels, but what I had was garbage and Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for letting product like that get through quality control!

Depending on the store policy, that's cumbersome and confusing, but well worth if you get one good of them

How to see brightness in movie mode It looks good in Vincent's video, But How it looks in the reality

Vincent says it's the lowest brightness in the white window 100%, that It makes you feel bad

Samsung should be paying attention to banding and DSE. This isn't a cheap model to be treated like this

·
Vendor
28,641 Posts
Hi guys, seeing all the horror stories about the Q90T when it comes to DSE or banding, I was wondering if any of you experienced similar issues with the Q900TS? Trying to decide whether I should go for the Q900 over the Q90.
That has been reported yes, keep in mind all displays have uniformity issues of some kind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Q900T.... Can I tuen the picture off while listening to Audio from U tube? Cannot seem to do it or find the right place!

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
2020 Q900T.... Can I tuen the picture off while listening to Audio from U tube? Cannot seem to do it or find the right place!
Yes. Press the volume button until Accessibility Shortcuts appear. There you will see the selection for Picture Off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Going tomorrow to buy 75Q900T
there are no 8K TV Box at this time, but when TV box will be available i will buy it
is it possible to connect Box directly to TV and then take full audio stream from one of HDMI?
Specs says
HDMI 2.1 Port 4
eARC Port 3
I think because it say port, not ports, this means Port number 4 can be used for 8K input and then Port number 3 can be used for audio output with all bells and whistlers like DTSHD/Atmos?
Please confirm

Samsung made best TV panels, but their smarttv is actually useless. They not support samba streaming. I use kodi 100% of time
DNLA and USB is a kludge

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts
I think because it say port, not ports, this means Port number 4 can be used for 8K input and then Port number 3 can be used for audio output with all bells and whistlers like DTSHD/Atmos?
That is correct. That is the intention.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can say that the Samsung Q950T / Q900T is outstanding tv

I think the most distinctive version 85 size And maybe he didn't take his right from Reviewers

It has some minor flaws, such as crush the shadow details, but I've only noticed that in rare and few scenes As a shot of Vincent in The Revenant

Dimming system is more genius with HDR content Compared to some SDR movies

I feel that the OLED highlights details in dark scenes more strongly My comparison with Amoled

I just want to have a future 55 OLED because of curiosity, see the differences, and cover some of the Q950T's faults.

But really, I feel that the zoning and the smartness of this TV's dimming system are outstanding

I did not feel an increase in brightness from the EOTF curve I mean, I didn't notice that

Some shadow details might be smashed in very few scenes, but that's okay

But on the on other side, i get in other scenes an incredible level of blackness, contrast, and color depth Incredible for LCD panel

This TV is also beautiful as it has an HDR tone mapping adapted to HDR10 due to its higher brightness

Sounds like dynamic tone mapping Compared to oled, it brings out the bright details

This is an advantage

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can say that the Samsung Q950T / Q900T is outstanding tv

I think the most distinctive version 85 size And maybe he didn't take his right from Reviewers

It has some minor flaws, such as crush the shadow details, but I've only noticed that in rare and few scenes As a shot of Vincent in The Revenant

Dimming system is more genius with HDR content Compared to some SDR movies

I feel that the OLED highlights details in dark scenes more strongly My comparison with Amoled

I just want to have a future 55 OLED because of curiosity, see the differences, and cover some of the Q950T's faults.

But really, I feel that the zoning and the smartness of this TV's dimming system are outstanding

I did not feel an increase in brightness from the EOTF curve I mean, I didn't notice that

Some shadow details might be smashed in very few scenes, but that's okay

But on the on other side, i get in other scenes an incredible level of blackness, contrast, and color depth Incredible for LCD panel

This TV is also beautiful as it has an HDR tone mapping adapted to HDR10 due to its higher brightness

Sounds like dynamic tone mapping Compared to oled, it brings out the bright details

This is an advantage

My settings

Picture mode movie
Brightness 50
Contrast 40
Warm 2
Gamma 1886 0
Local dimming high

I didn't change anything else, even the white balance, because I don't currently have calibration tools

Even in HDR, I haven't changed anything. I want to preserve as much as possible the director's intent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought open box.
Actually big sellers does not offer open box for this TV, only brand new, for CAD $7000 + 13% tax, sale, i think it permanent sale
I bought open box with missed stand for CAD $4200 cash no tax and guys wiped out serial number from service menu and said no warranty from samsung and only their warranty one year. Serial number on back is scratched out.
I am sorry, this not a price talk, i just show that i bough it for 53% of value of brand new TV
TV has silver frame like i saw in big store, model name 75Q900TS.... in about menu.
What i actually bought?
Banding.... same as display model in store

I have problem. i did not see option how to output audio via HDMI Port 3, I can use TV speakers, optical and bluetouth.
Should i connect it to receiver input? I just connect receiver output with ARC option to HDMI 3

Second problem, YouTube does not work in 8K, it ever show viewport in 4K in stats for nerds

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just bought open box.
Actually big sellers does not offer open box for this TV, only brand new, for CAD $7000 + 13% tax, sale, i think it permanent sale
I bought open box with missed stand for CAD $4200 cash no tax and guys wiped out serial number from service menu and said no warranty from samsung and only their warranty one year. Serial number on back is scratched out.
I am sorry, this not a price talk, i just show that i bough it for 53% of value of brand new TV
TV has silver frame like i saw in big store, model name 75Q900TS.... in about menu.
What i actually bought?
Banding.... same as display model in store

I have problem. i did not see option how to output audio via HDMI Port 3, I can use TV speakers, optical and bluetouth.
Should i connect it to receiver input? I just connect receiver output with ARC option to HDMI 3

Second problem, YouTube does not work in 8K, it ever show viewport in 4K in stats for nerds
I am sorry, but I would never spend thousands of dollars, USD or CAD, on a product where the serial number was purposefully scratched out, even if I’m saving thousands of more dollars... that just sounds super sketchy and too high risk. The vendor could pack up and leave tomorrow and you’d be fresh out of luck.

We could try to debug your TV with you, but who knows if your set is too broken or not.

For the YouTube 8K issue, make sure you are watching an actual 8K video (a lot of them claim to be 8K but can only view up to 4K). Also make sure your internet is fast enough... probably 100 Mbps to be safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well its philosophical question, I prefer this way.

How to debug it? Should I get service remote to enter service menu? How TV can be broken if picture is perfect. Actually we bought this TV because my wife likes frame. She actually like LG OLED CX, but she also like to keep TV on pause on max brightness whole day.

About internet, I have 5mbps, but it does not remove 4K option. It actually slideshow. 8K should be present too. I will try to find another one.

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
309 Posts

HDMI Port 3 is the eARC port. ARC/eARC means that a compatible AVR can output video and receive audio from TV on the same HDMI cable.

The built-in YouTube app supports 8k video. However, although many YouTube videos claiming 8k will output at 4k max. Nonetheless, there are still many that do output 8k. You just need to find them.

·
Registered
765 Posts
guys wiped out serial number from service menu and said no warranty from samsung and only their warranty one year. Serial number on back is scratched out.
Something you can try to get your serial number. The Samsung SmartThings app will tell you the serial number of your TV. Download the app and link your TV to your account. Click information and you will see the serial number. You can also get the serial number for your device by registering it with a Samsung account when you setup the TV and then logging into the website to view your registered products. It’s also listed when you go to the general settings and select about this TV. Pretty sure it can’t just be removed from a product as I can’t see any manufacturer tolerating such behavior from a dealer and it would significantly help those trying to steal their devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Serial changes to all zeros and not visible
20210105_181952.jpg

And can anybody tell what is viewport means and why its 4K?
And every video played on tv is 4K viewport, even SD resolution.

Any video played in NVidia Shield TV YouTube is 1080p viewport, except 4K video, is 4K viewport.
20210105_152440_compress58.jpg

441 - 460 of 472 Posts