AVS Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2757 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Evwn

Even I am looking for answers to these questions. I want tv for ging purpose only.
1)Is inverse ghosting still an issue in European models
2) are European models q95t have brightness drop or brightness fluctuations bug
1) It is not present when playing in 120hz mode (idk about other modes since I don't use them)
2) Yes and its not only the Q90 it affects ALL FALD 2020 Samsung TVs including the 8k models.

/////////////////
@Yiro
You can get 4:4:4 with Console mode as well

·
Vendor
27,474 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been through this with the ks9500, whenever someone says there's an upcoming firmware that fixes this and this on x day take it with a grain of salt :) check Samsung firmware page there's nothing there
Thanks for the response.
Thought they will fix the gaming local dimming bug.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it true that this tv cannot pass through LPCM 7.1 on eARC? I tried hooking my ps4 pro up to the game input on the tv and eARC back to my sony receiver and it only comes up as 2.0. TV is set with eARC on and set to pass through. Netflix app on the tv sends through Dolby Atmos to the receiver.
Ssme happens to me few post back i asked for a help

·
Registered
25 Posts
In India 65 inches Q95t costs 2500 dollars and q900rb is costing 3500 dollars. I want to use the TV for gaming purpose only on next gen consoles and watching Netflix and Amazon prime mainly.
I just wanted to know which model should I buy as there is no 8k videos available and next gen consoles are targeting [email protected]

What are the issues present in q900rb.
How is the upscaling of 720p and 1080p content in q900rb.

Why Would you recommend q90t over q900rb and vice versa.

I browsed atleast 10 pages of this post but failed to get to a conclusion.

Need your help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
In India 65 inches Q95t costs 2500 dollars and q900rb is costing 3500 dollars. I want to use the TV for gaming purpose only on next gen consoles and watching Netflix and Amazon prime mainly.
I just wanted to know which model should I buy as there is no 8k videos available and next gen consoles are targeting [email protected]

What are the issues present in q900rb.
How is the upscaling of 720p and 1080p content in q900rb.

Why Would you recommend q90t over q900rb and vice versa.

I browsed atleast 10 pages of this post but failed to get to a conclusion.

Need your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the Q90t accept 10bit or 12bit color on hdmi 2.1 with the new graphics cards? and does it work on any mode or does it have to be pc mode or game mode? and is it a good tv for the ps5 and pc gaming?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey everyone...

So I have a question about Inverse Ghosting on my Q90T while playing on a PS4 Pro.
Since update 1304 :
  • no more inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF), but the picture quality is not what I expect from that TV (light color banding, bad local dimming and weird dirty screen effects)
  • inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus ON), but some of the worse consequences of Game Mode are less evident
  • inverse ghosting present in any other picture mode outside Game Mode, but of course with a lot better picture quality all around.
So, my thing is I'm not strict about response time. Unless I'm playing a competitive online shooter or fighter, I don't really notice the difference. So I would like to enjoy the better picture quality of the picture modes outside Game Mode, but the inverse ghosting (especially in dark games or during night time in open world games) is unbearable. Do you know of any setting to get rid of it? Or even to enable Game Motion Plus without having the ghosting come back?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you know of any setting to get rid of it? Or even to enable Game Motion Plus without having the ghosting come back?
if there is no setting to adjust overdrive, there is no way to fix inverse ghosting. playing at 120hz helps.
honestly, I don't think it's a very good TV.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if there is no setting to adjust overdrive, there is no way to fix inverse ghosting. playing at 120hz helps.
honestly, I don't think it's a very good TV.
I understand what you mean about "overdrive", that's a shame. Playing at 120Hz may be the solution come the PS5...
Well the tv is very good (I come from a LG UH8500), watching movies has been incredible. But it sucks that I have to chose between 2 evils while gaming...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey everyone...

So I have a question about Inverse Ghosting on my Q90T while playing on a PS4 Pro.
Since update 1304 :
  • no more inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF), but the picture quality is not what I expect from that TV (light color banding, bad local dimming and weird dirty screen effects)
  • inverse ghosting on Game Mode (Game Motion Plus ON), but some of the worse consequences of Game Mode are less evident
  • inverse ghosting present in any other picture mode outside Game Mode, but of course with a lot better picture quality all around.
So, my thing is I'm not strict about response time. Unless I'm playing a competitive online shooter or fighter, I don't really notice the difference. So I would like to enjoy the better picture quality of the picture modes outside Game Mode, but the inverse ghosting (especially in dark games or during night time in open world games) is unbearable. Do you know of any setting to get rid of it? Or even to enable Game Motion Plus without having the ghosting come back?
I have game mode on and game motion plus on, and I don't see this ghosting. Maybe it's noticeable in some games and not others? In any event, I play a lot of games and I don't see it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm positive there will be at least one more firmware update before the new consoles release. One thing to try though is to turn off HDR on the PS4. I think I heard this will eliminated this ghosting that is bothering some people. Give it a shot and let us know the results.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have game mode on and game motion plus on, and I don't see this ghosting. Maybe it's noticeable in some games and not others? In any event, I play a lot of games and I don't see it.
That is what is worrying me, since as far I understand this thread, most people don't have any inverse ghosting issue after the patch.
Just to be clear, my "ghosting" looks like a purple silhouette that appears in front of dark objects on light(er) backgrounds when camera panning. I thought maybe my panel was faulty, but then why would it go away with the patch in Game Mode?
What settings have you on in Game Motion Plus? Maybe it's just a stupidly simple box to check (as it's often the case).
Also, have you try playing games outside of Game Mode? Does the ghosting happen then?

Some games that will immediately show me inverse ghosting :
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (HDR) : go to a temple by night an camera pan looking at the columns
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (HDR) : by night, look at the trees
  • Ashen : inside a dark cave
  • Watch_Dogs 2 : by night, look at the trees
  • Dark Souls Remastered : first bonfire in Undead Burg, stand next the bonfire and look at the exit

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm positive there will be at least one more firmware update before the new consoles release. One thing to try though is to turn off HDR on the PS4. I think I heard this will eliminated this ghosting that is bothering some people. Give it a shot and let us know the results.
I really hope another update is coming! I have had the dimming only once or twice, but it's still too much for a flagship tv, especially considering the other problems.
Turning HDR off doesn't help, and frankly if I have to play new games in SDR, that's not a solution for me, HDR is too beautiful...

·
Registered
273 Posts
That is what is worrying me, since as far I understand this thread, most people don't have any inverse ghosting issue after the patch.
Just to be clear, my "ghosting" looks like a purple silhouette that appears in front of dark objects on light(er) backgrounds when camera panning. I thought maybe my panel was faulty, but then why would it go away with the patch in Game Mode?
What settings have you on in Game Motion Plus? Maybe it's just a stupidly simple box to check (as it's often the case).
Also, have you try playing games outside of Game Mode? Does the ghosting happen then?

Some games that will immediately show me inverse ghosting :
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (HDR) : go to a temple by night an camera pan looking at the columns
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (HDR) : by night, look at the trees
  • Ashen : inside a dark cave
  • Watch_Dogs 2 : by night, look at the trees
  • Dark Souls Remastered : first bonfire in Undead Burg, stand next the bonfire and look at the exit
Prior to the 1304 update I had really bad ghosting on my Q95T.

After the update this is no longer the case. There's still some of it visible in the dark night scenes when playing in HDR, but nowhere near as bad as it was in the video above. Non-HDR games no longer show any ghosting. These are the settings on the TV that I use:
  • Game Mode: Auto
  • Game Motion Plus: Off
  • Local Dimming: Standard
  • Color Tone: Warm 1
  • Color Space: Native
My Xbox One X is connected to HDMI 4 port. Playing games with Game Mode disabled shows no ghosting at all but introduces the input lag.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There's still some of it visible in the dark night scenes when playing in HDR, but nowhere near as bad as it was in the video above. Non-HDR games no longer show any ghosting. These are the settings on the TV that I use:
  • Game Mode: Auto
  • Game Motion Plus: Off
  • Local Dimming: Standard
  • Color Tone: Warm 1
  • Color Space: Native
My Xbox One X is connected to HDMI 4 port. Playing games with Game Mode disabled shows no ghosting at all but introduces the input lag.
In Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF) I don't have any ghosting anymore, in SDR or HDR. So that's a plus.
But with Game Motion Plus ON, SDR or HDR, the ghosting comes back.
And in any other mode, the Ghosting is there. I've tried Standard, Movie and Filmmaker modes (Dynamic and Natural doesn't let me change Color Space), with or without Picture Clarity options on, and still I have ghosting. I'm used to play with bad input lag with my previous tv, so it's not that big a problem for me.
I play exclusively on PS4, so maybe it has something to do with the signal coming from the console (AFAIK Xbox One X has Freesync and can output at 120Hz?).
Nonetheless, it seems my tv is doing something wrong relative to the ghosting. Should I do a factory reset and re-update the tv? It's quite a bother but that may solve it?

As an aside : you use Native Color Space in SDR and HDR? In SDR, the colors are so saturated that it's unplayable (best examples : DBZ : Kakarot or Dead Cells). In HDR, the effect is less visible, but Auto makes everything look a lot more natural - to me at least! :)

2161 - 2180 of 2757 Posts