AVS Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2656 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Prior to the 1304 update I had really bad ghosting on my Q95T.
I've just noticed : the inverse ghosting in that video is Green. I've seen another video with a Blue one. Mine is Purple. Is there something to the color of the ghosting that could be a clue as to where the problem comes from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Game Mode (Game Motion Plus OFF) I don't have any ghosting anymore, in SDR or HDR. So that's a plus.
But with Game Motion Plus ON, SDR or HDR, the ghosting comes back.
Game motion plus is for use motion interpolation, it has nothing to do with response time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Game motion plus is for use motion interpolation, it has nothing to do with response time.
Ok can you guide me through that?

This is what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong :
"inverse ghosting" is caused by overshoot, which is the consequence of the process to reduce response time (I have no idea of the technicalities of this process). The Q90T has an excellent response time, but that causes overshoot.

Now to come to my problem : if motion interpolation has nothing to do with response time (and therefore overshoot, and inverse ghosting), then what could cause that purple inverse ghosting on my panel in any mode other than Game Mode (and yes, it's there when I set Game Motion Plus ON)? Is my problem something else than the "classic" inverse ghosting people have been complaining about? But then why did it go away with the 1304 update that removed it from Game Mode?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok can you guide me through that?
I don't think, I'm noob 😆 I have to buy a TV and I'm looking into it, but these are new things for me.
I can share some link: lcd motion, overdrive, motion blur reduction, q90t review, motion blur, BFI and motion interlapolation

To prevent ghosting and inverse ghosting, a good overdrive implementation is needed.
Example asus with TraceFree 60 is almost perfect. I have a pa328q and I confirm it, no ghosting or corona.

The q90t doesn't have a perfect response time, rtings quote:
"The Q90T's response time is exceptional. There's very little blur trail in fast-moving scenes; however, there's also a significant amount of overshoot in the 0-20% transition, resulting in the appearance of some artifacts."
But as far as I know, they don't test anything in game mode.

You said you have inverse ghosting in every mode, except game mode.
Game mode probably introduces a valid overdrive, which does not cause ghosting or corona.
I don't know why with game motion plus you have inverse ghosting, maybe it "breaks" the overdrive.

Game motion plus is just for interpolate lower frame rate content up to 120Hz.
"One of the main reasons people enable motion interpolation is to reduce the amount of blur on the TV. The higher frame rate reduces the length of time each frame appears onscreen, which helps improve clarity. It’s important to note, however, that while movement will become clearer, the length of the blur trail on moving objects will not change. The trail corresponds to the pixel response time, which is unaffected by motion interpolation. "

·
Registered
44 Posts
does anyone else have a problem with hdr? it is very dim, despite the brightness and contrast at max. default Movie settings HDR.
When I set the contrast enhancer to high and gamma st.2084 to the max it brighter, but the colors are no longer natural.

I have tested it on Amazon Prime HDR shows.
I usually set my tv to movie mode with contrast enhancer on low, local dimming on high, and I change the gamma to plus 2 during the day. Make sure your colour space is on Auto and not Natural as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So the dimming issue on the Q95T isn't fixed? Can someone please explain it?

I'm about to purchase a TV to review the PS5/XSX, and the LG is too reflective for my bright room, but issues in this thread are scaring me away from the Q95T.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey all what is the latest firmware I should be on? tv update is telling me 1301, website has 1301.5? Are these the same or is 1301.5 what I should install? Thanks in advance for the clarification for me.

·
Vendor
27,395 Posts
Can you guys tell me what's the samsung policy for exchanging TVs? In my country they say it's 10dzys including weekends which I find very abusive and laughable, I have a very big blueish spot on my TV i asked them to exchange it on the 8th and I purchased the tv on the 28th of August now they're saying the 10th day is not included lol
Depending what size, usually 7 to 10 days for freight times......

·
Registered
13 Posts
any updates on q90t with a Rtx 3080 card? Does hdmi 2.1 work well? 12 bit color 4:4:4? And does it have to be in pc mode in tv settings for it to work? Or game mode? Or can it be any more? I dont like pc mode on samsung tvs thats why i ask

·
Registered
24 Posts
any updates on q90t with a Rtx 3080 card? Does hdmi 2.1 work well? 12 bit color 4:4:4? And does it have to be in pc mode in tv settings for it to work? Or game mode? Or can it be any more? I dont like pc mode on samsung tvs thats why i ask
You have to have PC mode and game mode on for low input lag, the question is whenever it's changes the picture quality in HDR and SDR?
Also You can change input from PC to console and then game mode, but does it change the input lag for worse? You will have acces to more menu options.
I want to buy 55inch Q90T as PC monitor.

From Rtings:
"The input lag on the Q90T is superb. It's slightly higher when playing games at 4k with VRR, but it shouldn't be noticeable for most people. To get low latency, you must be in 'Game' mode. For PC use, 'Game' must be used with 'PC' mode to get the lowest input lag. Without 'Game' mode enabled in 'PC' mode, the input lag with a 4k, 60Hz signal is 19.3ms. "

·
Registered
20 Posts
apparently the problem of gsync on the oled cx will be fixed with a firmware, it's not a nvidia driver problem
if someone has a 3080 and a q90t, can test the gsync? it should work, even if it hasn't received gsync compatibility from nvidia

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a Q80T and am considering swapping for the Q90T. Are black levels that much better. Ive attached a picture from the Netflix movie The Sleepover showing the elevated blacks I have. Wondering if it's the same or pretty identical. Its from 35:45 mark of the movie

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a Q80T and am considering swapping for the Q90T. Are black levels that much better. Ive attached a picture from the Netflix movie The Sleepover showing the elevated blacks I have. Wondering if it's the same or pretty identical. Its from 35:45 mark of the movie
What's the mode ?brightness level and is it in complete dark environment?if you want me to try and capture the same scene I need all the info to make it comparable ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Why not use movie mode ?and brightness at 50 is far too high on a dark room it should be about half that
For HDR material Brightness (formerly called Backlight) and Contrast should remain maxed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2181 - 2200 of 2656 Posts