Brightness on 30
Sharpness 1
Local dimming standard
Contrast enhancer low
Rest leave IT on default but motion settings on off OR 0/0

The picture is fantastic
Eco mode i have IT enabled and on 26

Enjoy tour tv.
thanks for your responses. I tend to use standard mode as I feel movie and filmmaker are both dark, soft and out a weird yellow filter on everything.

Also shouldn’t brightness be at 50 for HDR?

·
Registered
331 Posts
thanks for your responses. I tend to use standard mode as I feel movie and filmmaker are both dark, soft and out a weird yellow filter on everything.

Also shouldn’t brightness be at 50 for HDR?
Movie mode is the most accurate mode, so playing with your brightness doesn't accept color accuracy just brightness which I adjust to your liking

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anybody could enlighten me about the difference in Image quality between a Q90T 75 and a Q90T 85? Sitting between 10 to 12 feet? Would the 85 looks as good as a 75?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anybody getting random stuttering, frame rate slowdown? Like on broadcast, cable etc..
Picture clarity settings are off. It is a strange stutter where it looks like frames drop all of a sudden then it speeds up then will stutter again. It’s most noticable when camera isn’t moving too much such as when interviewing a player etc. or a game show.

·
Vendor
27,409 Posts
Oh the q90t for sure its much brighter and HDR looks much better, the q80t is a good mid-level tv, I just couldn't afford the 85q90t.
Got ya, always best to know your budget :) I just saw you owned the 90T and thought you might have traded down, sometimes the lower end models can have perks......

·
Registered
151 Posts
A reminder for those of who you aren’t keeping track of the dimming bug forum on the UK site. No firmware update yet, spotty intel at best on if or when this will get fixed.

It currently plagues both game and HDR modes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, hope you're all doing well!

I recently upgraded from a Q80R to a Q90T and I really love this tv... apart from the minimal banding which is really barely noticeable, even when watching hockey, I have nothing but good things to say...

I noticed one small thing though and wanted to know if it was prevalent... after buying the TV I activated the service menu so I could enable Day/Night mode. To be honest, I did this right after I mounted it on the wall, so I don't know if this is causing my issue, or if it's entirely normal...

Anyhow, so here's my issue. Now, please note that I like keeping the brightness fairly low, I have an eye condition and am very sensitive to brightness... also, I tweaked a few setting so they would be to my liking, so with that said for whatever reason, and I noticed it happened in 3 modes but I haven't tested the other modes (affected modes: Day, Night and Movie), every time I watch a Netflix episode, it's as if the TV doesn't remember my modified settings and starts brighter than what I want, then after about 10-15 seconds, my settings kick in.

Is that normal? It wasn't doing that on my Q80R, it's a bit bothersome given how sensitive my eyes are to bright lights, especially at night, but I also don't want to return it and risk getting something with more DSE and banding (for which i have minimal issues right now)... I guess I'm just wondering if it's normal and if not, what can be done to fix it other than return the TV which I wouldn't risk doing.

This doesn't appear to be related to the dimming bug issue as it starts off brighter than I had originally set it (hurts my eyes) and none of my settings are actually changed. I also disabled the intelligent power mode but do have local dimming on either standard or high... I'll try switching that to off to see if it affects the issue...

Thanks guys, stay safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you guys able to choose 10bit color on 4k 60/120hz with the q90t while the pc input set as "Game Console"?
Hello,
I understand that you own a 3080/3090 with hdmi 2.1.
Could you share your experience ?
Are you able to select 10bit with a different mode ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Alexandre

2261 - 2280 of 2673 Posts