AVS Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2639 Posts

·
Vendor
27,390 Posts
I bught a q90t and i have many problems with that but now i saw this and dont know what the hell is this.
On noticable on game mode on but not everytime.
Is that from one specific devise such as TV, game system, PC, or DVD player? If so you might want to try 8K hdmi cables, which are still like $15 bucks in the USA. ..... Otherwise you need to call samsung or your retailer for help on that, you are right something is wrong.
However I don't know the truth its just a tiny theory I had on the matter since inverse ghosting still exists for those regions and not the US.
You would think it has to be firmware, if it is one region and not another......

·
Registered
151 Posts
What to make of this:

Anyone test their new card with the newest firmware?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Honestly, standard dimming is better for me in SDR and HDR. Anyone else finding this? I think it’s been discussed but doesn’t Standard dimming follow the actual source data and not try to work its own tone mapping in?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Samsung tv does not recognise half the files in my hard disk and for another half it doesn't play audio saying audio unrecognised..
While on my sony android tv I have downloaded kodi and it recognises all my files and all content is playable on sony android tv..
Any workaround or way with samsung to play media files..?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Samsung tv does not recognise half the files in my hard disk and for another half it doesn't play audio saying audio unrecognised..
While on my sony android tv I have downloaded kodi and it recognises all my files and all content is playable on sony android tv..
Any workaround or way with samsung to play media files..?
As far as audio if your files are DTS sound they won't play as samsung no longer supports DTS for some strange reason. I was very disappointed to find this out. As far as not playing at all I'm not sure what to tell you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As far as audio if your files are DTS sound they won't play as samsung no longer supports DTS for some strange reason. I was very disappointed to find this out. As far as not playing at all I'm not sure what to tell you.
Is their any app we can download or sideload on samsung tv to play these

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welp, all but confirmed in the manual. Does 120hz VRR in 1440P but only does 60hz VRR at 4K. Interesting and disconcerting stuff here.
I wonder if this is set in stone. Maybe the manual only says that because there were no HDMI 2.1 VRR sources yet at publication, so they couldn't promise VRR above 60 Hz. I'm hoping that a firmware update enables full 120 Hz VRR rates.

2321 - 2340 of 2639 Posts