AVS Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2799 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
So is it the consensus on this thread that the Q90T is a great TV, or a flawed TV? Is it considerably better than the Q80T, and would anybody that's owned them choose a different brand?

·
Registered
332 Posts
So is it the consensus on this thread that the Q90T is a great TV, or a flawed TV? Is it considerably better than the Q80T, and would anybody that's owned them choose a different brand?
No perfect TV exists, keeping that in mind , if I had a somewhat darker room I would have gone with the CX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for your post! I was wondering if I was being too hypersensitive when evaluating the panel. Thanks for talking me down from the ledge! I was thinking about the LG CX but burn-in paranoia for me would be way worse than adjusting to the FALD backlighting. I was on the fence between a Q80T and this model. Thank you again!
You're welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So apparently the Q90T has freesync VRR, but the range at 4K is only 48hz-60hz, which makes it kind of pointless for any game with an unlocked frame rate. Anyone test this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've encountered intermittent black screens on the Nintendo Switch with this tv. My Ps4 or Xbox One doesn't do this. Does anyone have any insight into this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've encountered intermittent black screens on the Nintendo Switch with this tv. My Ps4 or Xbox One doesn't do this. Does anyone have any insight into this?
Sounds like a possible HDMI handshake problem. Did you check the HDMI cable used with the Switch?

·
Registered
202 Posts
The eARC bug scared me I don't want to buy a new AVR just for HDMI 2.1, so I'd have to plug my future PS5 directly into the TV, and then send the 5.1 audio from the TV to the AVR using the ARC port. Hopefully it all works out and eARC isn't needed.
I feel like most of the EARC issues I've read are coming from soundbars. I have an AV 5.1 set up. The only issue that I had was when I plugged the 4k player directly into the tv and then earc tv to earc receiver is I would get a couple audio drop outs during the movie. To fix this I would just plug the 4k player to the receiver then earc to tv earc. Problem was fixed and never had issues! Surround always worked. Since the last update I haven't tried reverting back to the first set up to see if audio drop outs are fixed. Might do that this weekend.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
wapvi: Are you saying that because of uniformity issues and dirty screen effect?
My reason for avoiding OLED is burn in (as I watch a lot of news) and the tendency for OLEDs to age more quickly.

Putting aside the Samsung's defects, do think the picture quality otherwise is outstanding? And how do you find the built-in sound system? In terms of reliability, I've read that Samsung has had some issues, whereas LG rates higher in reliability. I wonder, in that case, whether non-OLED LGs are any good.

Thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm using the Q90T as the benchmark for all 4k lcd tv's

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
What's your opinion about the sound system? It has more speakers than the Q80T, although the latter is supposed to have better sound.
Do you think the Q90T is the equal to or better than the Q90R?
Do you find Samsung reliable?

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
What's your opinion about the sound system? It has more speakers than the Q80T, although the latter is supposed to have better sound.
Do you think the Q90T is the equal to or better than the Q90R?
Do you find Samsung reliable?

Thanks
never gave the sound much thought, always use a sound bar. check the reviews at places like rtings for the sound. Samsung has always been reliable

·
Vendor
27,502 Posts
They are all flawed.....I feel this is the best 4K LED made this year......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Finally got tired of waiting 1402.6 update to arrive OTA, so I downloaded it onto a USB drive and installed it on my Q95T. Saw the HGIG option everybody's talking about. Tested with Mafia III and I have to say I do prefer the picture with HGIG enabled. Super responsive in Game Mode at 4K with VRR on Xbox One X with no ghosting. Such a pleasure to use this TV now. However, I still don't see Google Assistant as an option under the Voice options which is very disappointing. This was advertised ever since the TVs went on sale.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Finally got tired of waiting 1402.6 update to arrive OTA, so I downloaded it onto a USB drive and installed it on my Q95T. Saw the HGIG option everybody's talking about. Tested with Mafia III and I have to say I do prefer the picture with HGIG enabled. Super responsive in Game Mode at 4K with VRR on Xbox One X with no ghosting. Such a pleasure to use this TV now. However, I still don't see Google Assistant as an option under the Voice options which is very disappointing. This was advertised ever since the TVs went on sale.
A genuine question : don't you have issues with very bad local dimming while in Game Mode? For me it's worse in SDR, but still present in HDR...

·
Registered
273 Posts
No, sorry. I haven't noticed this behavior on my TV. I have a 65 inch model if that makes any difference. Played GTA V, Mafia III and Battlefield 1, which aren't really new games though. Two of them support HDR and look splendid with these latest updates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A genuine question : don't you have issues with very bad local dimming while in Game Mode? For me it's worse in SDR, but still present in HDR...
What's bad about the local dimming exactly? I don't have the TV yet, but I ordered it.

Seperate question. Since the Freesync is trash on this TV and doesn't go above 60hz, is there a way to force the TV to always be in 60hz mode?

·
Registered
52 Posts
What's bad about the local dimming exactly? I don't have the TV yet, but I ordered it.
Here are some photos (first one in Movie Mode, second one in Game Mode, all in SDR)

(sorry for the quality, I don't have the greatest phone...)

In HDR, the difference is less drastic, but still there.

The problem is noticeable enough that there are multiple threads on the Samsung EU Community site. But you may be lucky, some people seem to not have this problem...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here are some photos (first one in Movie Mode, second one in Game Mode, all in SDR)
View attachment 3047269
View attachment 3047270
(sorry for the quality, I don't have the greatest phone...)

In HDR, the difference is less drastic, but still there.

The problem is noticeable enough that there are multiple threads on the Samsung EU Community site. But you may be lucky, some people seem to not have this problem...
I’ll be real with you, get some bias lights and also do a hard reset with the remote.

2561 - 2580 of 2799 Posts