AVS Forum banner

501 - 520 of 1881 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Isn't that FOMO guy kind of like the Quantum TV version of Vincent? :) I have gotten the impression that he mainly presents opinions based on what he has read rather than actual reviews. That said, have not watched any of his stuff so I could be wrong here (and of course his opinions could be relevant regardless).
He does reviews and 1 on 1 comparisons as well as provides his opinions (citing his sources, Example- AVS reviews, Rtings.com, digitaltrends.com, etc).

I never considered a Hisense, but this was an interesting comparison to the Q90R.

Worth checking out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have mounted our 75" Q90T and have an ongoing issue. Every day, when turning it on it fails to notice the wired connection. The router is functioning correctly. We have to reset the tv for it to notice the wired connection. Can anyone help? Samsung customer service tried to tell us it can't utilize 5G which has to be bull.

Edited to add: I notice the manual says to use Cat 7 and the dude ran Cat 6E. Do you think this could be the cause?

·
Registered
507 Posts
We have mounted our 75" Q90T and have an ongoing issue. Every day, when turning it on it fails to notice the wired connection. The router is functioning correctly. We have to reset the tv for it to notice the wired connection. Can anyone help? Samsung customer service tried to tell us it can't utilize 5G which has to be bull.

Edited to add: I notice the manual says to use Cat 7 and the dude ran Cat 6E. Do you think this could be the cause?

Cat6e wouldn’t be the cause of the issue (although it could be related to a cable or switch you’re using). I know this doesn’t solve your problem as it’s either a networking issue or a firmware issue with the TV, but when the network isn’t working, can you get it back up and running by holding the power button on the remote for about 5 seconds? This will do a soft reboot which may be an easy way to fix the issue w/out a full reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts

Don't think so cause I was using an old old wire (probably Cat 5) and worked fine. I bought a Cat 7 just cause and works great but no different. Here is the wire I bought if you're interested. Nice and thin! On the old wire it didn't recognize it the first try but did it a second time and it was all good.
https://www.amazon.ca/UGREEN-Performance-Shielded-Ethernet-Stranded/dp/B00QV1F1C4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=ugreen+cat7+ethernet+cable&qid=1590420162&sprefix=Ugreen+cat+7&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOVMyMkhSSkxRSTlCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDk3ODM5MUZNVFhTUFJXNEtSViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTIyNjEyMUUzUEtUVEowVEZOWSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cat6e wouldn’t be the cause of the issue (although it could be related to a cable or switch you’re using). I know this doesn’t solve your problem as it’s either a networking issue or a firmware issue with the TV, but when the network isn’t working, can you get it back up and running by holding the power button on the remote for about 5 seconds? This will do a soft reboot which may be an easy way to fix the issue w/out a full reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll have to try that and see if a soft reboot makes it work. We are up and running on wired right now. First order of business today is going to be to replace the cable to check what you said, make sure the cable isn't the cause of the issue, it being faulty possibly. I'll get a cat 7 just to take advantage of any extra speed anyway while I'm at it.

What's the deal about the 5Ghz network? Is that an issue? Once even when we got the tv back up on the screen, it wouldn't actually show anything once we went to Hulu or Amazon apps on the tv.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'll have to try that and see if a soft reboot makes it work. We are up and running on wired right now. First order of business today is going to be to replace the cable to check what you said, make sure the cable isn't the cause of the issue, it being faulty possibly. I'll get a cat 7 just to take advantage of any extra speed anyway while I'm at it.

What's the deal about the 5Ghz network? Is that an issue? Once even when we got the tv back up on the screen, it wouldn't actually show anything once we went to Hulu or Amazon apps on the tv.

Sounds good. Let me know if it helps if you see the issue again. 5GHz wireless network is pretty fast if the signal is good. Shouldn’t matter though as once you setup wired, wireless is disabled (you can configure the network setting on the TV to switch back and forth between wireless and wired without disconnecting the cable). I’m not sure if this is still the case, but with older models Samsung was using 100Mbps ethernet cards so wireless was actually capable of faster speeds than wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was over WiFi and had no issues with Netflix and Disney plus.... But apple plus kept buffering on me ( I've read that it's an issue that people have with the app). But using the hard wire has fixed this issue. And I usually have great WiFi with no issues. But I just decided to get a cat 7 wire and hardwire the tv to avoid any issues.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks like reddit is under the impression that the Q90T is essentially a rebranded Q80R from last year (link). That Bill Money moderator is quite adamant about it. Wonder where he is getting his sources from? Interesting.
I'm pretty sure at this point that he's obviously wrong. Everyone is stating that there are significant differences between the two. People who are trying to stick to oversimplified criticisms at this point are just being willfully ignorant and spreading misinformation.

·
Registered
427 Posts
And for the record, I have a Sony A1E OLED and a Samsung KS8000 so I don't have any skin in this game for any brand or any panel technology. I'm just looking forward to real reviews and real information. That's all I'm here for.

·
Vendor
26,639 Posts
Looks like reddit is under the impression that the Q90T is essentially a rebranded Q80R from last year (link). That Bill Money moderator is quite adamant about it. Wonder where he is getting his sources from? Interesting.
I do not agree with that at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It’️s not a VRR issue it’️s game mode without game motion plus engaged VRR or not.

Inverse Ghosting isn’️t just in VRR it’️s game mode in general unless game motion plus is turned on.
You are correct but not entirely, this issue is not present when using Game Mode in 120hz modes in 1080p/1440p/2160p it is present only in 30 and 60hz output
So bad news I did testing today on the q90t I still get inverse ghosting when trying all these outputs

120 hz 1080p no vrr
120 hz 1080p freesync/vrr
120 hz 1440p no vrr
120 hz 1440p freesync/vrr

·
Registered
429 Posts
[/QUOTE]

So bad news I did testing today on the q90t I still get inverse ghosting when trying all these outputs

120 hz 1080p no vrr
120 hz 1440p no vrr
120 hz 1440p freesync/vrr[/QUOTE]

Go figure.... this doesn’t bode well for the set being a viable next gen set... thanks for looking into it and looking forward to your video later so I can see what this inverse ghosting looks like.

·
Registered
38 Posts

120 hz 1080p no vrr
120 hz 1440p no vrr
What’s the source?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’m happy to report that the Q90T/Q95T does not exhibit the awful game mode clouding that dogged the Q90R of last year. I tested the same scene in Horizon Zero Dawn that Vincent Teoh from HDTV Test used to demonstrate the game mode clouding on the Q90R. The blacks were barely raised compared to non-game mode, but there was no hint of clouding whatsoever. Looks like Samsung solved the issue for this years flagship 4K set.
Here is a comparison image to demonstrate what I described above. The screenshot of the Q90R modes was taken from a video from HDTV Test (YouTube).

You'll notice that the Q95T in Game mode has ever so slightly raised blacks compared to movie mode, which is only really evident in the bottom left corner of the screen. The awful clouding that was so prominent in Q90R Game mode seems to have been corrected on the Q95T.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here is a comparison image to demonstrate what I described above. The screenshot of the Q90R modes was taken from a video from HDTV Test (YouTube).

You'll notice that the Q95T in Game mode has ever so slightly raised blacks compared to movie mode, which is only really evident in the bottom left corner of the screen. The awful clouding that was so prominent in Q90R Game mode seems to have been corrected on the Q95T.
Wow, that does look like a great improvement.

·
Registered
987 Posts

120 hz 1080p no vrr
120 hz 1440p no vrr

What source are you using ?
What HDMI cable ?

·
Registered
987 Posts

q95t looks WAY better than q90r. Now everyone needs to stop fixating on # of dimming zones and panel bit depth!

·
Registered
19 Posts

q95t looks WAY better than q90r. Now everyone needs to stop fixating on # of dimming zones and panel bit depth!

And that's a fact!
I'm excited, because today is the day when my new 85Q95T will be delivered to me!

Stay tuned!

501 - 520 of 1881 Posts