AVS Forum banner

521 - 540 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally finished my video, I got some clips of inverse ghosting in there so you can see what I mean by the issue.
Unfortunately I don't think I can capture what game motion plus does correctly due to my camera being limited but lets just say 30 FPS games used to bug me but now with this TV I love it feels like a 60 fps game with game motion plus up

btw if this against the rules my apologies and I will remove this post just let me know.

What’s the source?
I tried it with an Xbox One X

Here is a comparison image to demonstrate what I described above. The screenshot of the Q90R modes was taken from a video from HDTV Test (YouTube).

You'll notice that the Q95T in Game mode has ever so slightly raised blacks compared to movie mode, which is only really evident in the bottom left corner of the screen. The awful clouding that was so prominent in Q90R Game mode seems to have been corrected on the Q95T.
Yeah this is pretty much what I found as well, I been trying to tell people that game mode is much improved from the Q90R and the picture is definitely not washed out and the only issue is the lack of full usage from the FALD.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow.... now I have to make a choice get the Q90T and not have vrr or get an oled and deal with burn in.... this is quite the Sophie’s choice l when it comes to tv selection... I don’t understand how Samsung can botch their major selling feature so bad...

·
Registered
23 Posts
In the HDTV test, I think (Not 100% sure) the q90r do not have the Game Enhancer mode on. Pls correct me if I am wrong (Replay the YouTube video) . I have a Q80r myself and turning on game enhancer makes the black level night and day difference. The Q90R just cannot be that bad (even worst that my Q80R by far) imo.... lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
And for the record, I have a Sony A1E OLED and a Samsung KS8000 so I don't have any skin in this game for any brand or any panel technology. I'm just looking forward to real reviews and real information. That's all I'm here for.
I too was the proud owner of a Sony A1E OLED and it is a great tv. I have been using the 75 in. Q900TS for a month now and I love this TV! It does take time to adjust the settings to your liking but I just could not go back due to the brilliant colors this thing puts out while not over saturating the image. Not sure if anyone has posted this but review on the Stop FOMO channel on youtube captured my thoughts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow.... now I have to make a choice get the Q90T and not have vrr or get an oled and deal with burn in.... this is quite the Sophie’s choice l when it comes to tv selection... I don’t understand how Samsung can botch their major selling feature so bad...

Potential burn in. I am mainly looking for a TV to be used as PC monitor and has gotten the 55" GX and have a 55" Q95T on order. But even though my intended use is what it is I am considering to cancel the order for the Q95T as it seems Samsung isn't even trying with their 4K TVs this year. 8K isn't avalable in smaller than 65" in my part of the world and to be honest, it feels like another "curved TV" moment for anything smaller than 80".

Sorry for the rant but I guess I am not the only one feeling a bit depressed about this...

·
Registered
168 Posts
SÅ‚awek Slaviola;59709214 said:
Mine 85Q95T was arrived a hour ago, but... eh, was damaged 😞. Sent it back, and now I must wait for a new one. Maybe a week 😕
Noooooo! Oh that sucks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
So bad news I did testing today on the q90t I still get inverse ghosting when trying all these outputs

120 hz 1080p no vrr
120 hz 1080p freesync/vrr
120 hz 1440p no vrr
120 hz 1440p freesync/vrr

Out of curiosity did you run 120hz/1080p on port 4? I know port 4 doesn't accept 1440p and the other ports also have VRR. I'm stretching obviously but I have seen multiple pc users claim 120hz "fixes" this issue. The thing I haven't seen anyone do is limit fps to 60 in game while running 120hz with VRR to behave like a console. I don't understand how 120hz could fix this issue if your only running 60fps VRR like I would expect from next gen consoles AAA games so my theory has been higher FPS is what is actually fixing the issue. I don't know of any console games that push close to 120 fps in performance mode on a xbox one x, but there might be one.

I still have my delivery scheduled for Thursday, I got this from perks at work and paid closer to sony x950h/g price than OLED price for a 75 inch so having a hard time canceling it for the value but this VRR issue is the only thing I'm concerned about. Since I play most faster pace games on pc I might like game motion plus a lot as well but I'd still like to know that playing games without it was possible. Rtings review should be any minute/day now and I can't wait. If this thing outperforms the sony's by a lot (which early access numbers seem to indicate) I'll probably keep it as gaming isn't my main use case and I'm too worried about burn in with wife/kid usage. I haven't bought a TV since my ST60 plasma that I've been needing a size upgrade on.

·
Registered
429 Posts
[/quote] Potential burn in. I am mainly looking for a TV to be used as PC monitor and has gotten the 55" GX and have a 55" Q95T on order. But even though my intended use is what it is I am considering to cancel the order for the Q95T as it seems Samsung isn't even trying with their 4K TVs this year. 8K isn't avalable in smaller than 65" in my part of the world and to be honest, it feels like another "curved TV" moment for anything smaller than 80".

Sorry for the rant but I guess I am not the only one feeling a bit depressed about this...[/QUOTE]

I’m right there with you, I needed a new set this year and all I’m left with is a set that could burn in if I play a game I like for too long... Samsung didn’t have this issue on the q9fn, how could they of botched it soo badly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Here is a comparison image to demonstrate what I described above. The screenshot of the Q90R modes was taken from a video from HDTV Test (YouTube).

You'll notice that the Q95T in Game mode has ever so slightly raised blacks compared to movie mode, which is only really evident in the bottom left corner of the screen. The awful clouding that was so prominent in Q90R Game mode seems to have been corrected on the Q95T.
Default settings in game mode Q90R is not the best.
You can achieve the same result, by changing settings in game mode.
Contract enhancer, brightness, etc.

Looks like, they improve default settings in game mode q90t.

·
Registered
168 Posts
SÅ‚awek Slaviola;59710160 said:
Mine 85Q95T was arrived a hour ago, but... eh, was damaged 😞. Sent it back, and now I must wait for a new one. Maybe a week 😕
Noooooo! Oh that sucks!
Yeah... look at this:
Damn!! That thing is so wrapped tightly and everything! I feel like they packed it like that maybe missing that damage. But yeah that sucks! They better put a rush on the new one! 😉

·
Registered
168 Posts
Potential burn in. I am mainly looking for a TV to be used as PC monitor and has gotten the 55" GX and have a 55" Q95T on order. But even though my intended use is what it is I am considering to cancel the order for the Q95T as it seems Samsung isn't even trying with their 4K TVs this year. 8K isn't avalable in smaller than 65" in my part of the world and to be honest, it feels like another "curved TV" moment for anything smaller than 80".

Sorry for the rant but I guess I am not the only one feeling a bit depressed about this...[/QUOTE]

I’m right there with you, I needed a new set this year and all I’m left with is a set that could burn in if I play a game I like for too long... Samsung didn’t have this issue on the q9fn, how could they of botched it soo badly.[/QUOTE]

I'm really happy with mine so far. I'm sure as this issue becomes more apparent to Samsung ( you know they will hear about it) there's going to be a firmware update to fix this sooner then later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, I picked the Q90T 65” at BB yesterday. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the picture quality on cable tv. I have tried just about every setting adjustment I can to get the picture sharp, but it just stays kind of fuzzy and even blurry at times. The text on news channels even looks a little bit doubled up when looking at up real close. What’a a bit disturbing is that it isn’t even nearly as sharp as my ten year old 52” Samsung LN52B750 that it is replacing. I even have a nine year old 46” samsung lcd that has a sharper picture. Am I missing a setting somewhere to sharpen the picture? The Sharpness adjustment doesn’t do it for me. I have tried all the picture modes and adjustment combinations, but no luck. Does anybody have a list of settings I should use to get the best picture quality? I am using the HDMI 1 connection on the back of the tv. The cable box is also set at the proper 1080P output setting. One thing I suspect is that I am going from a 52” to a 65” and we sit about 8 feet away from the tv as that’s the furthest our room allows us. So, we seem to see every bad detail up close. If we stand back into the next room, the tv seems to look sharper. Did I maybe just buy too big of a tv to sit that close? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
SÅ‚awek Slaviola;59710160 said:
Noooooo! Oh that sucks!
Yeah... look at this:
Damn!! That thing is so wrapped tightly and everything! I feel like they packed it like that maybe missing that damage. But yeah that sucks! They better put a rush on the new one! 😉
Yes, I hope as soon as possible. 😅

·
Registered
429 Posts
.[/QUOTE]I'm really happy with mine so far. I'm sure as this issue becomes more apparent to Samsung ( you know they will hear about it) there's going to be a firmware update to fix this sooner then later.[/QUOTE]

I’d hope so, but looking at the Samsung forms this was something that happened on the 2019 models as well... do you have the investing ghosting issues as well? I keep secretly hoping it’s a panel lottery thing or a defect not present in all of the sets.

521 - 540 of 1867 Posts