AVS Forum banner

5581 - 5600 of 5714 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys my remote is acting really erratic and crazy. Any tips? Need a new remote? Anything I can try?
Replace the batteries, if that doesn't help, reset the remote by taking out the batteries & holding power for 8s, then putting batteries back in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’ve tried this before and didn’t work for me is there a certain video you watch? If so what’s the name of it?
Any SDR video from
YouTube ll do .Just launch the game HDR mode, wait to load and then with your remote open the youtube application of your tv and play an SDR video , then choose the icon of your console or your input, press it and u r back at the game without tone mapping. I saw this trick on a forum..Never thought it ll work but it did. Works for me every time .U ll notice it immediately on your games image or better on your HDR calibration screen.

·
Vendor
28,637 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, what do you guys think of my panel? Is the DSE bad? I really have no clue, not an expert in these things... All I can say I'm starting to get real anxious reading all these bad things about this model, bought it a month ago and really like it, have almost no issues apart two dead pixels (noticed today), some stuttering while watching basketball and a known issue with local dimming and subtitles... All the bs I read about Q90T makes me feel like I made a bad decision buying it... :/

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello, what do you guys think of my panel? Is the DSE bad? I really have no clue, not an expert in these things... All I can say I'm starting to get real anxious reading all these bad things about this model, bought it a month ago and really like it, have almost no issues apart two dead pixels (noticed today), some stuttering while watching basketball and a known issue with local dimming and subtitles... All the bs I read about Q90T makes me feel like I made a bad decision buying it... :/

View attachment 3078081
Looks very good imo...better than mine even.

·
Registered
60 Posts
PC looks like crap imo. I keep mine on game console when I use my PC.
Interesting, all my previous screenshots and videos I posted here were in PC mode and Game mode , and they looked fine to me, maybe I’ll try out console mode later tonight.

·
Registered
94 Posts

View attachment 3078081
OMG that is insanely good. Congrats for winning the lottery! And don't worry about what others say if you don't notice it and or its not affecting your use of the TV. In my case its mainly game mode, DSE and also do get stuttering in Football games which is so weird and drives me nuts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Basically....though I will say...I never go for the gold like that and turn CE on high, I usually stick with low.

Same holds true for lots of things when it comes to the Home Theater purists...if you don't use the absolute WARMEST color temp, you should be jailed. Motion interpolation? Straight to hell (though I do agree about the soap opera effect being bad news). Sharpness? 0...nothing else is acceptable. Saturation? One click up makes you a mad man....
I have my set on standard color, contrast enhancer high and motion interpolation at 4, guess I’m satan reincarnated to them purists lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
OMG that is insanely good. Congrats for winning the lottery! And don't worry about what others say if you don't notice it and or its not affecting your use of the TV. In my case its mainly game mode, DSE and also do get stuttering in Football games which is so weird and drives me nuts.
Well... this probably explains why I don't notice the DSE. Didn't had a change to get my hands on ps5, so haven't tried game mode yet, but I feel I'm going to have the same issues in game mode as everyone else. I just really hope Samsung shows some responsibility and fix most of the issues at least for the gaming mode.

As for stuttering... yea, that's really annoying, I use 7/3 or 10/5 (blur/judder) for watching sports, it really makes the picture quality better, but at some moments when it's some kind of sudden action on the floor, it seems like the tv can't keep with the motion - it slows down for a bit and then speeds up again and it all happens really quickly, not even sure others, watching together with me, notices it. Anyone tried led clear motion setting in picture clarity? What is it even used for?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Any word on when the Q90T 85"will be available to buy again? BestBuy is out of stock and has no idea when new inventory will arrive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
PC mode has very washed out colors imo. Let me know what you think.
I’m wondering if that’s because the 5700xt can’t pass full RGB to the TV, I remember an earlier post a guy mentioned his 2080 only shows up as 8 bit in Nvidia Control Panel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any SDR video from
YouTube ll do .Just launch the game HDR mode, wait to load and then with your remote open the youtube application of your tv and play an SDR video , then choose the icon of your console or your input, press it and u r back at the game without tone mapping. I saw this trick on a forum..Never thought it ll work but it did. Works for me every time .U ll notice it immediately on your games image or better on your HDR calibration screen.
I'll try this tomorrow. It can easily identify on adjust HDR whether the DTM got off or not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Today I get my 2nd TV's panel replaced for DSE and vertical banding. I'm hoping this 3rd panel does the trick! I'm slightly nervous about someone taking apart my 7 week old TV and putting it back together but trying to stay positive. They did order the screen directly from Samsung and are an authorized Samsung repair company so maybe just maybe Samsung has tightened up QC with the replacement panels. Wishful thinking but need to try to be positive. I really hope this addresses the issue.
Well my panel was replaced and happy to say i have little to no visible DSE even when running the Hockey Test! Finally 3rd panel is a charm! unfortunately I still have ghosting, so that issue must be a fw related.

I feel much better now though knowing my hardware is fine and now have to have faith samsung will continue to push updates on this set until its right.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Anyone tried led clear motion setting in picture clarity? What is it even used for?
LED Clear Motion enables Black Frame Insertion (BFI) which improves motion clarity for 60 fps content. Rtings says for 120 fps content, enable the Picture Clarity setting without adjusting any of the sliders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well... this probably explains why I don't notice the DSE. Didn't had a change to get my hands on ps5, so haven't tried game mode yet, but I feel I'm going to have the same issues in game mode as everyone else. I just really hope Samsung shows some responsibility and fix most of the issues at least for the gaming mode.

As for stuttering... yea, that's really annoying, I use 7/3 or 10/5 (blur/judder) for watching sports, it really makes the picture quality better, but at some moments when it's some kind of sudden action on the floor, it seems like the tv can't keep with the motion - it slows down for a bit and then speeds up again and it all happens really quickly, not even sure others, watching together with me, notices it. Anyone tried led clear motion setting in picture clarity? What is it even used for?
There is a whole thread on this. Mostly UK based sets but some from the US too. 56 pages so far and no fix. Drives us nuts. If anyone has a fix for stutter, please let us know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Before :

After :

Originally Samsung TV got brightness issue in Game mode : brightness drops automatically around 40% every 6 minutes while playing HDR games in Game mode and setting Local Dimming to "Standard" or "High". Of course all ECO and intelligent functions are completely turned off.

This issue in Game mode has been fixed by 1402 firmware, but it transfers to other modes. I play HDR games or watch HDR contents in Movie, Natural, and Standard modes, the brightness drop issue occurs periodically.

·
Registered
34 Posts

View attachment 3078081
Looks good to me!

Just curious how you are taking a picture of this? It looks good to my naked eye on the TV but every photo I take looks like this.

5581 - 5600 of 5714 Posts