AVS Forum banner

6921 - 6940 of 7038 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
What content are you watching where frame skipping is evident? I haven't seen any jutter/frame skipping on my Q95T. Just FYI, I don't use any built in Samsung apps; I use an Apple TV 4K, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch and watch a little free-to-air TV.

The problem is that your many and frequent posts complaining about the matter dilutes the quality posts making it difficult for owners/future owners to troubleshoot, it is also tiring to read about the same thing again and again. My suggestion is to open a support ticket with Samsung and have them deal with it. Call them and tell them about it. They might send an engineer over or replace your set.
the problem is this forum is not your own , last time you notice me in your writing

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed the latest firmware (1497) on my q95t and now I have the stupid dimming bug outside game mode, this is trash for real. I will never buy Samsung TV again. Is there any way to fix this???

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm not sure what the Samsung rep is trying to say. Stereo LPCM works both through the TV speakers and via eARC. Multi-channel PCM isn't supported whatsoever by this TV.

The official HDMI 2.1 spec is very generous to manufacturers around eARC. Only sinks (e.g., soundbar, receiver) are required to support the major formats (including multi-channel PCM). Sources (TV) only have to support stereo PCM and not even any bitstream formats from what I recall.

The best thing would be if manufacturers were completely upfront about what they support or don't so we can make an educated decision. Until then, best option is to buy from a retailer that will let you return. If enough folks return these because of incomplete specs, maybe things would change.

AFAIK, LG OLEDs support multi-channel PCM via eARC.
What IS supported by the q90 using eARC? I'm renovating my TV room, so my TV is setup, but I have not put my surround setup back together yet so have not been able to test.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I get hdr on hbomax app using chromecast with Google tv. Hdr doesn't seem to work with the native built-in hbomax app.

Chromecast starts up with hdr even on the homepage. Even with non hdr content, hdr is on.
Last night I got HDR to work on the HBO app on Shield with the TV for the first time, no green and purple colors taking over the screen. Godzilla/Kong looked pretty, pretty, pretty good. Have not tried on the native app yet. Dolby Vision works fine on the native app on my old Roku TCL TV, for what its worth.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Last night I got HDR to work on the HBO app on Shield with the TV for the first time, no green and purple colors taking over the screen. Godzilla/Kong looked pretty, pretty, pretty good. Have not tried on the native app yet. Dolby Vision works fine on the native app on my old Roku TCL TV, for what its worth.
Running into a weird Hulu issue with the Chromecast, when I start certain shows or movies, it starts with black screen during ads & program and doesn't display picture. There's only sound & subtitles being displayed. Restarting chromecast, disconnecting device, or restarting tv doesn't help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What IS supported by the q90 using eARC? I'm renovating my TV room, so my TV is setup, but I have not put my surround setup back together yet so have not been able to test.
Stereo PCM, DD, DD+, TrueHD, and Dolby MAT (the last one is supported by Windows 10 and may allow support of multichannel audio from Windows, but I haven't fully tested this).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys , I've got q90t on the way and was just wondering what the best firmware would be for ps5 and fire stick usage.

·
Registered
405 Posts
A positive update on my HDMI 2.1 issues with RTX 3080!

Ever since I got an RTX 3080 card in December, I've had issues with it and my TV. The symptom was that I got a "No Signal" message on the TV when I turned on Input Signal Plus or Game Mode. I tried all kinds of hacks, some of which mostly worked (like modifying the EDID to reduce the link bandwidth) and even tried a whole bunch of certified ultra-high-speed HDMI 2.1 cables.

Today, I had a Samsung repair service come to look at it and they replaced the mainboard and wifi/bluetooth module. And what do you know.. now it works perfectly. I can switch between video modes, turn on/off game mode, turn on/off VRR and it never loses signal, whereas this would result in much frustration before.

So, PSA, if you have a similar "No Signal" issue and you are using a certified ultra-high-speed cable, then you may want to have Samsung come out to swap out your mainboard and control module before your warranty is up.

The strange thing is that I was able to connect a new Xbox to the TV and it worked correctly at 4K/120/HDR, so I was starting to think it was my video card that was faulty, and not the TV... but it was the TV.

·
Registered
178 Posts
[/QUOTE]
A positive update on my HDMI 2.1 issues with RTX 3080!

Ever since I got an RTX 3080 card in December, I've had issues with it and my TV. The symptom was that I got a "No Signal" message on the TV when I turned on Input Signal Plus or Game Mode. I tried all kinds of hacks, some of which mostly worked (like modifying the EDID to reduce the link bandwidth) and even tried a whole bunch of certified ultra-high-speed HDMI 2.1 cables.

Today, I had a Samsung repair service come to look at it and they replaced the mainboard and wifi/bluetooth module. And what do you know.. now it works perfectly. I can switch between video modes, turn on/off game mode, turn on/off VRR and it never loses signal, whereas this would result in much frustration before.

So, PSA, if you have a similar "No Signal" issue and you are using a certified ultra-high-speed cable, then you may want to have Samsung come out to swap out your mainboard and control module before your warranty is up.

The strange thing is that I was able to connect a new Xbox to the TV and it worked correctly at 4K/120/HDR, so I was starting to think it was my video card that was faulty, and not the TV... but it was the TV.
I m using a series x ,i have no signal loss but when i set the console on 120HZ and test the signal(port4 HDMI 2.1) through the tvs test signal i have the same message that i must change my cable for a better image or change the resolution....I tried 3,4 certified HDMI 2.1 cables and always the same result. IF i set the console to 60HZ it ll finish the test with no proble

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stereo PCM, DD, DD+, TrueHD, and Dolby MAT (the last one is supported by Windows 10 and may allow support of multichannel audio from Windows, but I haven't fully tested this).
Is it only PCM that's borked, and limited to stereo?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I m using a series x ,i have no signal loss but when i set the console on 120HZ and test the signal(port4 HDMI 2.1) through the tvs test signal i have the same message that i must change my cable for a better image or change the resolution....I tried 3,4 certified HDMI 2.1 cables and always the same result. IF i set the console to 60HZ it ll finish the test with no proble
[/QUOTE]
Same experience but 120hz with HDR and VRR are all working so assuming its a bug?

Can fellow series X members try to run this test within the TV settings as well and post your results?

·
Registered
405 Posts
[/QUOTE]

I ran a signal test with the new mainboard and get an error too. I think the cable test is not reliable, at least not for HDMI 2.1

·
Registered
405 Posts
Is it only PCM that's borked, and limited to stereo?
Yes, in most cases. I previously had a Radeon card, and since the TV's EDID says only 2 channels, the Radeon card wouldn't send any multi-channel bitstream formats to the TV. I think multi-channel bitstream formats work fine with most other things (nVidia cards, consoles). Why Samsung doesn't support multi-channel PCM is a mystery--just not worth the small effort I guess?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, in most cases. I previously had a Radeon card, and since the TV's EDID says only 2 channels, the Radeon card wouldn't send any multi-channel bitstream formats to the TV. I think multi-channel bitstream formats work fine with most other things (nVidia cards, consoles). Why Samsung doesn't support multi-channel PCM is a mystery--just not worth the small effort I guess?
It's ridiculous, their own spec sheet says it should be able to pass uncompressed over earc. The 2021 QNED90/95 can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been having flickering like strobe light with VRR since I got this tv a month ago.
It was mainly only during game loading screens but it'd flicker like crazy using my video editor (Pinnacle Studio) when I would move the cursor. I know I could just take VRR off everytime I want to edit but I'm lazy and don't want to adjust settings everyday. I want to just leave 4K/120hz 10-bit +VRR allday. I also don't want a seizure or have my friends ask what's wrong with the tv or the way overpriced rtx 3080 i have when a game is loading.
GOOD NEWS...

I fixed it today and have perfectly working VRR, at least no backlight flickering anymore. I do still have the very faint scan lines that move upwards in games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Red Dead, but those faint scan lines are much better than flickering. Those are the only 2 games and only times I've noticed the scan lines.

It took a few restarts on my pc, few times unplugging hdmi, few times selecting Off/On on Input Plus, few times selecting and alternating between Full Screen Only and Windowed plus Full Screen in Nvidia Control Panel.. and I'm not sure what actually made the tv behave the way it should... what I DO know is that if I dare select the other option in Control Panel now (mine is currently Enabled for Full Screen Mode Only), or take Game Mode off and reselect it I'll have the same flickering as normal. This is my 2nd time getting it to work as should in past hour after a few more restarts and unselecting and reselecting everything again.

I can confirm that if I leave the settings alone I am safe to shut down my pc and tv and turn both on again and still have no flickering. I can also open an on tv app such as Youtubetv and switch back to PC and still no flickering thank lordylord. If anyone has the flickering don't give up because it can actually work right!!!!

(EDIT) Over 3 hrs of having this work with switching apps and multiple shutdowns and restarts and I still have no flickering. With or without HDR. Now after knowing this panel DOES DO 4K/120 VRR without the flickering, I guess I'll be restarting and unplugging and replugging until the tv corrects itself from now on in case Game Mode gets turned off or cable comes unplugged.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Debating if I should compare the Q90T 65 inch I own to the 55 inch LG C1 OLED ? I’m asking because I just did my first Impressions and side by side with QN90A and the results had some shocking developments so I’m thinking of testing it against the Q90T to see if I see the same stuff. Both would be uncalibrated in filmmaker mode and game mode (with some tweaks to contrast enhancer off)

or is the size difference a problem for you guys? I personally don’t think size is that big of a deal the 55 and 65 perform very similar.

6921 - 6940 of 7038 Posts