AVS Forum banner

821 - 840 of 2260 Posts

·
Vendor
27,124 Posts
Exactly. I’m finding that the 900R from last year is about $300 cheaper than the 90T for comparable size. The 900T is running about $4000 more.
The 900R did not test as good as the 90R though from what I have read.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Samsung Q90T is Samsung's 4K flagship tv. End of story. I'm not understanding certain people. Just cause certain specs are lower than the 90R doesn't mean it's garbage. In almost every review its just as good if not better in some areas. Is it a major jump or upgrade to the 90R?unfortunately no. Is it just as good? I say yes and better in some area's. If the 90R is a flagship 4k so is the 90T. I'm not saying this to start a huge debate or argument but I think some are just disappointed that there wasn't a bigger jump in 4k TVs this year. But same can be said for most 4K TVs this year. I for one am loving mine. It's an Amazing tv. 👍🙂

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm sorry, but I didn't said, "garbage".
For sure is Very good TV set.
Just not "flagship".
8bit panel matter is still, not clear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got it along with the 8500 rear speakers. I don’t have a lot of experience with soundbars. It does have Q Symphony and DTS Virtual X to choose between. Voices aren’t loud enough for me with Dolby content. The rear speakers help though. If it was available a couple weeks ago, I would have boughten the 800T bar instead. For $400, the 60T is OK for an apartment or small room.

Thanks for the feedback sir, luckily I was able to cancel my order before it shipped, I ended up being able to get the Q60R from last year, which is rated pretty well and has better voice/bass, and for $100 less.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got it along with the 8500 rear speakers. I don’️t have a lot of experience with soundbars. It does have Q Symphony and DTS Virtual X to choose between. Voices aren’️t loud enough for me with Dolby content. The rear speakers help though. If it was available a couple weeks ago, I would have boughten the 800T bar instead. For $400, the 60T is OK for an apartment or small room.

Thanks for the feedback sir, luckily I was able to cancel my order before it shipped, I ended up being able to get the Q60R from last year, which is rated pretty well and has better voice/bass, and for $100 less.
Honestly, I think that’s a mistake. The 60R is them same as the 60T minus it’s best new feature. The Q Symphony uses the TV speakers as well soundbar, woofer and rears in perfect sync to create impressive surround sound. It’s only works with the 2020 TVs and soundbars. The features work together to make the sound seemingly come from the screen instead of just coming from the bar. It matches wonderfully. Last years Q90R bar would be the only one I’d buy over the 2020s, and it’s way too expensive for me. Otherwise, I think you are really missing out. I’m not even sure if the Q60R bar has DTS Virtual X.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Call me kooky, but I've found picture settings that I like using better than just using Movie mode. I think I like the Natural Mode with the Eco Ambient Light Sensor on (Set to a minimum of 10) and Custom Picture Clarity on (Blur 10 and Judder 3). Colors are more vibrant and the image is not too dim or hued yellow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got it along with the 8500 rear speakers. I don’️t have a lot of experience with soundbars. It does have Q Symphony and DTS Virtual X to choose between. Voices aren’️t loud enough for me with Dolby content. The rear speakers help though. If it was available a couple weeks ago, I would have boughten the 800T bar instead. For $400, the 60T is OK for an apartment or small room.

Honestly, I think that’s a mistake. The 60R is them same as the 60T minus it’s best new feature. The Q Symphony uses the TV speakers as well soundbar, woofer and rears in perfect sync to create impressive surround sound. It’s only works with the 2020 TVs and soundbars. The features work together to make the sound seemingly come from the screen instead of just coming from the bar. It matches wonderfully. Last years Q90R bar would be the only one I’d buy over the 2020s, and it’s way too expensive for me. Otherwise, I think you are really missing out. I’m not even sure if the Q60R bar has DTS Virtual X.
Everything I've read has said the 60R has better bass extension, clearer voice, and gets very loud, which I need in my large, open, livingroom. The Rtings review of the 60T did not do it any justice sadly.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
We definitely need a good quality side by side video comparison between the q90r and q90t with real content especially dark scenes. Not just test patterns. And this has to be done with 65" sets not 55" because I dont know about the q90t, but the euro 55" q90r was definitely gimped compared to the 65".

·
Registered
201 Posts
[/QUOTE]Everything I've read has said the 60R has better bass extension, clearer voice, and gets very loud, which I need in my large, open, livingroom. The Rtings review of the 60T did not do it any justice sadly.[/QUOTE]

My 60T has my wife and neighbors complaining, it you want loud. The 60T, when used with Q Symphony adds the four tv speakers to the mix, most importantly the top ones creating some of the Atmos like surround height on a budget. The rear speakers I added helps tremendously with voice clarity. The 60R does not have DTS Virtual X. You should read about that. It works great if you don’t want rear speakers. You will still hear effects like there was rear speakers. Kinda spooky. Still think your missing out on the pairing of the T series TV and soundbar. I’d also say the 850T while more expensive is still under $1000, as opposed to last year’s 90R which is at $1500. It also has Q Symphony, actual Atmos and includes the rear speakers. The 60 series is your starting point for Samsung’s soundbars. Any extra features make a huge difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
US. 75q90t. I can clearly see the ghosting in others videos but haven’t been able to find any evidence of it on mine including gears 5. Just tried the first mission as well.
Hello K G,

I checked on a q90T 65inch with playstation 4 pro in the Netherlands.
Resident evil 2, tetris, resogun, nex machina has no issues, saw ghosting in God of war, resident evil revelations 2, salt and sanctuary. I can check on a 85inch q95T next week.
Do you have more information from Samsung, if it is being patched or did you find anything else that can help?
I liked the video that you made, with bad and ugly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay to those that own this TV please quote this post and reply. If you have seen inverse ghosting in game mode on your 2020 Samsung let me know what size is your tv and which model and are you in the US or another region? Also if you don’t see it let me know that as well.

If you don’t see it, is it possible to test the first campaign mission on gears 5 and try looking at the robot and moving your aiming camera left to right? Make sure your game mode is on and that game motion plus is not checked on.

I’m trying to see which sets are experiencing it and which aren’t I wanna see if it’s panel variations or if people aren’t just noticing it even though it’s present. I got a ton saying they see like I do but I see a selection of people here saying they don’t

I’d love to get to the bottom of this. Thank you in advance to everyone who helps me .
Hello K G,
I checked on a q90T 65inch with playstation 4 pro in the Netherlands. Resident evil 2, tetris, resogun, nex machina has no issues, saw ghosting in God of war, resident evil revelations 2, salt and sanctuary. I can check on a 85inch q95T next week. Do you have more information from Samsung, if it is being patched or did you find anything else that can help? I liked the video that you made, with bad and ugly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everything I've read has said the 60R has better bass extension, clearer voice, and gets very loud, which I need in my large, open, livingroom. The Rtings review of the 60T did not do it any justice sadly.[/QUOTE]

My 60T has my wife and neighbors complaining, it you want loud. The 60T, when used with Q Symphony adds the four tv speakers to the mix, most importantly the top ones creating some of the Atmos like surround height on a budget. The rear speakers I added helps tremendously with voice clarity. The 60R does not have DTS Virtual X. You should read about that. It works great if you don’t want rear speakers. You will still hear effects like there was rear speakers. Kinda spooky. Still think your missing out on the pairing of the T series TV and soundbar. I’d also say the 850T while more expensive is still under $1000, as opposed to last year’s 90R which is at $1500. It also has Q Symphony, actual Atmos and includes the rear speakers. The 60 series is your starting point for Samsung’s soundbars. Any extra features make a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

I used this comparo to justify the switch, honestly it looks like the R outperforms it in every metric they tested. I might miss the orchestra mode, but I'm ok with the purchase.

https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/tools/compare/samsung-hw-q60r-vs-samsung-hw-q60t/870/12968

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting in the comments how it’s mentioned that outputting at 120hz (even though games won’t be) will fix the ghosting. This is what I’ve been curious about, but I wonder how this guy in the comments knows that. He said he’s been able to check it but how exactly?

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is what I’ve been curious about, but I wonder how this guy in the comments knows that. He said he’s been able to check it but how exactly?
Ones that own an Xbox One X can switch to 1080p at 120 Hz and test this. Console will make the screen run at that refresh rate, but the existing games will still remain at 30 or 60 fps. I was able to test this myself on the Q95T and ghosting is indeed gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is what I’️ve been curious about, but I wonder how this guy in the comments knows that. He said he’️s been able to check it but how exactly?
Ones that own an Xbox One X can switch to 1080p at 120 Hz and test this. Console will make the screen run at that refresh rate, but the existing games will still remain at 30 or 60 fps. I was able to test this myself on the Q95T and ghosting is indeed gone.
Is this with lowest inputlag, without game Motion plus enabled?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello,

Anyone compared the q90/95t to the q800t ? If yes how was the q800t PQ compared the the 90/95t for 1080 and 4k upscale ?

Ty !

·
Registered
473 Posts
Interesting in the comments how it’s mentioned that outputting at 120hz (even though games won’t be) will fix the ghosting. This is what I’ve been curious about, but I wonder how this guy in the comments knows that. He said he’s been able to check it but how exactly?

I guess you mean "console games" as PC games (or rather PCs) have not problem outputting 120 hz?

821 - 840 of 2260 Posts