AVS Forum banner

841 - 860 of 1893 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hello,

Anyone compared the q90/95t to the q800t ? If yes how was the q800t PQ compared the the 90/95t for 1080 and 4k upscale ?

Ty !

No, but I have compared it to the OLED GX in house for a few days if that is interesting. Am a bit reluctant to write about it here though as it is an owners thread and it can easily turn into a "QLED vs OLED" flame war and I guess we have had enough of those. TL; DR; They are both great TVs with a lot of similarities but also differences as well of course.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can't seem to find how to enable HDMI UHD color on my Q95T (which I assume is the same as Q90T in this regard) as well as how to se more information about current input signal to verify? Have switched the input to PC mode though, not sure if that automatically enabled UHD color? Have looked at 4:4:4 test images from PC so I assume it is activated but would like to know for sure.

Older instructions like this does not seem to apply any more:

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-enable-hdmi-uhd-color-in-series-6-4k-uhd-tv/

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can't seem to find how to enable HDMI UHD color on my Q95T (which I assume is the same as Q90T in this regard) as well as how to se more information about current input signal to verify? Have switched the input to PC mode though, not sure if that automatically enabled UHD color? Have looked at 4:4:4 test images from PC so I assume it is activated but would like to know for sure.

Older instructions like this does not seem to apply any more:

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-enable-hdmi-uhd-color-in-series-6-4k-uhd-tv/
Settings > External Device manager > Input Signal Plus

·
Registered
473 Posts
Settings > External Device manager > Input Signal Plus

Ah, I thought that was HDMI range (ie black levels)? Not the most obvious naming regardless.

Edit:

Nope, you are correct. Thanks.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082465/

Edit 2:

Is this somehow activated regardless for PC mode? Tried with a few 4:4:4 test images and they looked like 4:4:4 even though I had not activated this setting (for obvious reasons).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting in the comments how it’️s mentioned that outputting at 120hz (even though games won’️t be) will fix the ghosting. This is what I’️ve been curious about, but I wonder how this guy in the comments knows that. He said he’️s been able to check it but how exactly?
I guess you mean "console games" as PC games (or rather PCs) have not problem outputting 120 hz?

Can the ghosting be solved with the new PlayStation 5 or the new Xbox?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’d say so also given the fact that some it not all games for those consoles will be native 120hz and not forced with the current gen.

·
Vendor
26,645 Posts
We definitely need a good quality side by side video comparison between the q90r and q90t with real content especially dark scenes. Not just test patterns. And this has to be done with 65" sets not 55" because I dont know about the q90t, but the euro 55" q90r was definitely gimped compared to the 65".
We do however it will probably not happen, soon enough the 90R will not be available and it will not matter.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
I’d say so also given the fact that some it not all games for those consoles will be native 120hz and not forced with the current gen.
Considering this years Assassins Creed will still be 30fps (confirmed by UbiSoft) on the new consoles I doubt we'll see anything remotely close to 120hz unless the games specifically offer a 1080p mode but that's no good on a large 4K TV or Projector. At that point why bother. PC gaming on the other hand...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’️d say so also given the fact that some it not all games for those consoles will be native 120hz and not forced with the current gen.
Considering this years Assassins Creed will still be 30fps (confirmed by UbiSoft) on the new consoles I doubt we'll see anything remotely close to 120hz unless the games specifically offer a 1080p mode but that's no good on a large 4K TV or Projector. At that point why bother. PC gaming on the other hand...
Yes i know. Hopefully Samsung solves the ghosting issue then, maybe via firmware.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Definitely noticing blooming in HDR with brightness at 50 and local dimming / contrast enhancer at high. These settings make HDR pop but you definitely get clouding. Blacks in SDR look really good though. Anyone dialing back HDR settings or just living with it?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Definitely noticing blooming in HDR with brightness at 50 and local dimming / contrast enhancer at high. These settings make HDR pop but you definitely get clouding.
clouding? can you point out the content you're observing "clouding and blooming" with?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Definitely noticing blooming in HDR with brightness at 50 and local dimming / contrast enhancer at high. These settings make HDR pop but you definitely get clouding. Blacks in SDR look really good though. Anyone dialing back HDR settings or just living with it?
I always have contrast enhancer off as I feel the higher settings overly brighten things for me and lessen the impact that HDR brings.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I always have contrast enhancer off as I feel the higher settings overly brighten things for me and lessen the impact that HDR brings.
I also keep Contrast Enhancer off. I still see little blooming but much better then previous years and less than the Q90R

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also keep Contrast Enhancer off. I still see little blooming but much better then previous years and less than the Q90R
yeah overall blooming is handled really well on it from my time with the TV! Really enjoying my movies and games on the set so far

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone wall mounted their TV? Looking for a recommendation for a slim mount for this TV. Wish the no gap mounts were still an option, but anything that would give a similar look?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Unfortunately, Netflix HDR stuff really needs it though, way too dark and it’s not the TVs fault.

·
Registered
122 Posts
clouding? can you point out the content you're observing "clouding and blooming" with?
Pretty much any title screen, logos, brighter things on black backgrounds. Mostly noticeable in HDR but I'll turn off the contrast enhancer and see if that helps.

What about game mode, also leaving the contrast enhancer off too?

·
Registered
507 Posts

I really think contrast enhancer improves the picture but it’s a personal preference. It used to be called dynamic contrast on older sets and I’ve been using it for years. It adds more depth to the picture but it will sometimes make things overly bright (especially if you set it to high, however low is usually fine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

841 - 860 of 1893 Posts