AVS Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1860 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Where does Vincent get his Demo Reel?

I was admiring the screen content during a Vincent demo; one had a Title “Circue de Noir”. I can’t find that title on Amazon but I can find other 4k Cirque titles.

I see some attractive sea slugs and sea squirts. Blue Planet II or Blue Planet III?

Any recommendations for UHD demo disks?

·
Vendor
26,626 Posts
The hatred for the Q80 and Q90T on reddit is absolutely insane. Mind you, none of these people own it or have even seen it in person.
When the 80R and 90R are gone.......which they basically are, minds should alter to except what is, not what was.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
While I am waiting for my TV to arrive I read over the manual. There are a few exterior controls bottom edge center and one of them is a switch that kills the microphone. I guess with the microphone set to on one can walk into the room and speak "TV ON" and it will work.

In general, even though I live alone one might choose not to have an open mike in their home at all times.

I visited amazon/uk and one can purchase either Euro remotes there. The metal version of our remote is expensive by my standards, 49.95 GBP or $62 plus S&H.

The part for the Euro plastic remote, (with better access to many more features) I am told, is BN59-01315J which can be purchased in the USA for $14.99.

Reactions: ghonk

·
Registered
50 Posts
While I am waiting for my TV to arrive I read over the manual. There are a few exterior controls bottom edge center and one of them is a switch that kills the microphone. I guess with the microphone set to on one can walk into the room and speak "TV ON" and it will work.

In general, even though I live alone one might choose not to have an open mike in their home at all times.

I visited amazon/uk and one can purchase either Euro remotes there. The metal version of our remote is expensive by my standards, 49.95 GBP or $62 plus S&H.

The part for the Euro plastic remote, (with better access to many more features) I am told, is BN59-01315J which can be purchased in the USA for $14.99.
I purchased a BN59-01315A and all buttons work correctly with my 85" 90T. It was US $7.95 free shipping on ebay.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do people like game motion plus on or off? I think I like it off. Games look choppier with it on. The opposite of what it should do. At least on my PS4.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do people like game motion plus on or off? I think I like it off. Games look choppier with it on. The opposite of what it should do. At least on my PS4.
I turn it on only for 30FPS games, it smooths them out nicely. For instance, TLOU2 looks and feels great with Game Motion Plus engaged, underrated feature IMO.

Playing a 30FPS game without motion smoothing tends to give me a headache for some reason.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I purchased a BN59-01315A and all buttons work correctly with my 85" 90T. It was US $7.95 free shipping on ebay.
Thank you for the update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys just got the q90t 65 inch tv. As a replacement for ks9000 and so far im not really liking it really expected more from this tv but for me the ks9000 blows this tv away. I have tried messing with the settings giving it a chance i have tried multiple different types of things to make it more like the ks9000. But im left wanting back what was broke by geek squad and really missing my tv. Overall love the anti glare filter and the new menu is very responsive but there are ads galore didn't really remember this many ads with the ks9000. Game mode is quite good but overall the tv docent have that pop that i expect from this company.Samsung has been my main brand for years but i think im going to go with LG C9 Oled and please im not trying to start anything as i still love both brands. just looking for honest opion if anyone had the ks9000 and made the swith to LG C9 or something similar.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Finding something a little weird with game mode on but game motion off, it tends to dim itself while playing certain games. With motion on, there is never any in game dimming.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey guys just got the q90t 65 inch tv. As a replacement for ks9000 and so far im not really liking it really expected more from this tv but for me the ks9000 blows this tv away. I have tried messing with the settings giving it a chance i have tried multiple different types of things to make it more like the ks9000. But im left wanting back what was broke by geek squad and really missing my tv. Overall love the anti glare filter and the new menu is very responsive but there are ads galore didn't really remember this many ads with the ks9000. Game mode is quite good but overall the tv docent have that pop that i expect from this company.Samsung has been my main brand for years but i think im going to go with LG C9 Oled and please im not trying to start anything as i still love both brands. just looking for honest opion if anyone had the ks9000 and made the swith to LG C9 or something similar.
LGs last about as long as their warranty period. I'll never buy that junk again. Most info would suggest the Q90T is much better for gaming, so it wouldn't be a good switch there. I came from a Sony A1E, which I still have in the bedroom. I like the Q90T more. Plus no worries at all about burn-in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Finding something a little weird with game mode on but game motion off, it tends to dim itself while playing certain games. With motion on, there is never any in game dimming.
I found with motion off there was a bluish halo around my character in one of the games I played on my PS4. So for now, it needs to be on. I did move blur and judder both to zero. They were OK at 5, but I'll just leave them turned down to zero. The game ran much smoother that way. At 10, there was shimmering and stuttering. The opposite of what those setting should do.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I found with motion off there was a bluish halo around my character in one of the games I played on my PS4. So for now, it needs to be on. I did move blur and judder both to zero. They were OK at 5, but I'll just leave them turned down to zero. The game ran much smoother that way. At 10, there was shimmering and stuttering. The opposite of what those setting should do.
Yep, found that too. Motion on, settings at 0 seems to be perfect. I’ve heard non competitive games running at 30fps or less need judder at 10, motion at 0. Games at 60fps need motion at 10, judder at 0. Rocket league, FIFA, COD, games like this I would put settings at 0 due to the competitive nature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cminer72 had a question for you do you have its kinda hard to describe it when watching tv or movies looks like a tracing filter moving in the background almost like a ghost image see it when i have any show or movie in motion cause im wondering if my set is defective. This is my biggest issue with the tv so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today I ordered a 2020 Samsung Q90T and I expect it to be delivered sometime early next week. BTW I also ordered a Panasonic UP9000 UHD disk player. I have two concerns about the TV that I hope the more experienced owners may be able to help me with. I read that outside the USA the Q90T comes with two remotes: the simplified version the USA gets but also a full featured remote. Ideally I’d like both, does anyone have source or a URL they could post for the better non-USA remote?

My second issue is “Alexa” and “Bixby”. On principle I am very uncomfortable with an open mic in my home even though I live alone and have an uninteresting existence. Is there any way to disable that microphone in the bios or physically turn off the microphone? Other than the bubble-gum trick?

Thank you,

Timothy

There is a manual switch under the tv near the power and arrow buttons that turns off the microphone. Its a little tiny bar switch that you have to push forward or backward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cool I can do that

What kind of content? Gaming or a video?
Thanks, video please. Whatever movie you think is good for a short demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of content should I display for this kind of test?

Also what settings should I set the backlight to in the test to replicate your issues?

Sure ill do a settings video

Cool I can do that

What kind of content? Gaming or a video?

Hard to say one thing is for sure, you gotta factor in buying a streaming box or something because the smart TV interface on the Vizio has been slow and awful. Waiting is never a bad thing though if you can wait.

Use default movie mode but test it with backlight at max, local dimming at both medium and high and color space native. Compare it to standard mode but with those exact same movie mode settings pasted in there. Use any regular cable tv or Netflix, movie etc. but make sure you’️re in SDR. Turn off all eco modes and light sensors. Thanks!
You guys got it I’ll try and the video up soon probably Wednesday or Thursday.

Love game motion plus make sure you never have both settings turned up though you will get choppy gameplay.

For games that run at 30fps do 0 blur 10 judder

For games that run at 60fps do 10 blur 0 judder

Never have both above 1 at the same time it tends to not work great.

If you just want no motion but wanna get rid of the inverse ghosting use game motion plus with both judder and blur set to 0

The dim thing was something I got with the local dimming set to high in game mode before firmware 115, but haven’t noticed it since though admittedly I keep local dimming set to standard for gaming.

Sounds like the blue halo thing is inverse ghosting maybe? Check my quote above on how to fix that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
cminer72 had a question for you do you have its kinda hard to describe it when watching tv or movies looks like a tracing filter moving in the background almost like a ghost image see it when i have any show or movie in motion cause im wondering if my set is defective. This is my biggest issue with the tv so far.
I don’t see anything like that. I think the image holds its own close to my A1E. For non-games, set the TV to Movie mode. I kick up brightness to 18, contrast to 50. Clarity set to custom with blur 10 and judder 4. No noise reduction, contrast enhancer or that LED Motion Clarity thing ( it makes the tv flicker). Make sure Eco settings are off, especially the ambient light sensor.

·
Registered
169 Posts
[/QUOTE]Sounds like the blue halo thing is inverse ghosting maybe? Check my quote above on how to fix that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t call it ghosting since you see it while the character is standing still. The game was Friday the 13th. Jason was glowing blue with game motion plus off. Fine if it was on. The other game I tried was MLB the Show 19. Shimmering and stuttering mess if the blur and judder were at 10. Looked great at zero for both.

·
Registered
169 Posts
To be honest, I think this inverse ghosting hubbub is overblown. The ones complaining about it earlier in the thread, said something like 3 or 4 our of over 30 games tested exhibited it. Meaning some people will never see it at all. And it suggests that game programming is at least a factor in it. Some games might need tweaking to get them just right. Once done they look and play great on this TV. I've also read that actual 120hz content looks fine with game motion plus off. And it's way too earlier to speculate on consoles that aren't even out yet anyways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To be honest, I think this inverse ghosting hubbub is overblown. The ones complaining about it earlier in the thread, said something like 3 or 4 our of over 30 games tested exhibited it. Meaning some people will never see it at all. And it suggests that game programming is at least a factor in it. Some games might need tweaking to get them just right. Once done they look and play great on this TV. I've also read that actual 120hz content looks fine with game motion plus off. And it's way too earlier to speculate on consoles that aren't even out yet anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=a3-spUvoLBI&feature=emb_logo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any Idea on why I can only get 60hz if I select a 1440p/4K resolution on Xbox One X? 120hz is limited to 1080p.

1141 - 1160 of 1860 Posts