AVS Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1894 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any Idea on why I can only get 60hz if I select a 1440p/4K resolution on Xbox One X? 120hz is limited to 1080p.

For 4k 120hz you need more than the 18gbps port on the Xbox one x, there is no source currently capable of this. For 1440p 60hz don’t use port 4. For some reason the hdmi 2.1 port doesn’t like 1440p.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it weird that last years Q90R is more expensive than the Q90T , not so much price talk, but is this because of the more FLAD's in last years version ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
To be honest, I think this inverse ghosting hubbub is overblown. The ones complaining about it earlier in the thread, said something like 3 or 4 our of over 30 games tested exhibited it. Meaning some people will never see it at all. And it suggests that game programming is at least a factor in it. Some games might need tweaking to get them just right. Once done they look and play great on this TV. I've also read that actual 120hz content looks fine with game motion plus off. And it's way too earlier to speculate on consoles that aren't even out yet anyways.
It’s not overblown it’s in every game at when you set output to 60hz and have game motion plus off, however some people just might not notice it on every game you have to look close but games like COD and Gears it shows up big time. Vincent Teoh demonstrates it as well Q90R has worse inverse ghosting too..

Yes setting the console to 120hz does indeed eliminate all the issues with that, VRR/Freesync can be used with no faults in 120hz output as well. As we all know for 60hz output Game motion plus fixes it as well.

Any Idea on why I can only get 60hz if I select a 1440p/4K resolution on Xbox One X? 120hz is limited to 1080p.
Yeah you need HDMI 2.1 devices to go over 1080 at 120hz on port 4.

But if you use any of the other 3 HDMI ports you can get 1440p 120hz on Xbox One X as your max.

4K 120 on output isn’t possible on consoles until ps5 and series x

Is it weird that last years Q90R is more expensive than the Q90T , not so much price talk, but is this because of the more FLAD's in last years version ?
Not weird at all less dimming zones equals lesser price but not always a lesser tv as this tv smokes the Q90R in the next gen gaming department.

·
Registered
122 Posts
To be honest, I think this inverse ghosting hubbub is overblown. The ones complaining about it earlier in the thread, said something like 3 or 4 our of over 30 games tested exhibited it. Meaning some people will never see it at all. And it suggests that game programming is at least a factor in it. Some games might need tweaking to get them just right. Once done they look and play great on this TV. I've also read that actual 120hz content looks fine with game motion plus off. And it's way too earlier to speculate on consoles that aren't even out yet anyways.
It’s not overblown it’s in every game at when you set output to 60hz and have game motion plus off, however some people just might not notice it on every game you have to look close but games like COD and Gears it shows up big time. Vincent Teoh demonstrates it as well Q90R has worse inverse ghosting too..

Yes setting the console to 120hz does indeed eliminate all the issues with that, VRR/Freesync can be used with no faults in 120hz output as well. As we all know for 60hz output Game motion plus fixes it as well.

Yeah you need HDMI 2.1 devices to go over 1080 at 120hz on port 4.

But if you use any of the other 3 HDMI ports you can get 1440p 120hz on Xbox One X as your max.

4K 120 on output isn’t possible on consoles until ps5 and series x

Not weird at all less dimming zones equals lesser price but not always a lesser tv as this tv smokes the Q90R in the next gen gaming department.
I have to wonder why VRR and Freesync combined with 1440 / 120Hz eliminates ghosting but game motion has to be on to get rid of it for 60hz. Anyone have a theory?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got my 85" Q90T a week ago and, after some adjustments, I really like the picture. But I have to admit, I was disappointed to find I couldn't delete or even rearrange the order of the apps in the smarthub. I've found several videos, including some from Samsung, that explain how to do it, but nothing works on my TV. If there's a way to do this that I'm overlooking, please clue me in. As it is, I feel more like I've leased a TV from Samsung than bought one that I actually own... (sigh).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got my 85" Q90T a week ago and, after some adjustments, I really like the picture. But I have to admit, I was disappointed to find I couldn't delete or even rearrange the order of the apps in the smarthub. I've found several videos, including some from Samsung, that explain how to do it, but nothing works on my TV. If there's a way to do this that I'm overlooking, please clue me in. As it is, I feel more like I've leased a TV from Samsung than bought one that I actually own... (sigh).
Hold down the middle circle button (Select) on the apps. They can be moved or deleted from your home tab at the bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hold down the middle circle button (Select) on the apps. They can be moved or deleted from your home tab at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks! I scoured the manual, but could not find this in there. This makes programming my Harmony One much easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking to buy either the Q90T or the CX for next-gen (I run a gaming outlet here in Australia).

The only thing stopping me from buying a Q90T is the fact that it doesn't have 2 x 2.1 ports. Is there any way around this? Splitter or anything?

It's so painful that this seems like the perfect TV apart from that fact. I'm going to be using a Series X and PS5 constantly, so I don't really see how I can live with one 2.1 port.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For 4k 120hz you need more than the 18gbps port on the Xbox one x, there is no source currently capable of this. For 1440p 60hz don’t use port 4. For some reason the hdmi 2.1 port doesn’t like 1440p.
Thanks! I have the console plugged on HDMI 4 so that's why I can't output at 1440p/4K.

Speaking of reverse ghosting, I tested a few games like Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Ori ATWOTW and I haven't noticed nothing in particular. Resident Evil 2, FFVIIR and TLOU2 are fine as well on PS4 Pro.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm looking to buy either the Q90T or the CX for next-gen (I run a gaming outlet here in Australia).

The only thing stopping me from buying a Q90T is the fact that it doesn't have 2 x 2.1 ports. Is there any way around this? Splitter or anything?

It's so painful that this seems like the perfect TV apart from that fact. I'm going to be using a Series X and PS5 constantly, so I don't really see how I can live with one 2.1 port.
You can opt for a Q95T with the One Connect Box or look for a full motion TV wall mount.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think we only have the Q95T here. That still doesn't help the issue though does it, in terms of having to change ports?
True, but at least you can easily swap cables with the OCB or a motion wall mount. There is no other option unfortunately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to contact Samsung support over my Q90T and they want to send a technician to my house but I feel maybe my problem is easily solved.

So when I walk up to my tv it does this, also when there are scenes on shows I'm watching such as loud knocks, such as on doors, a blue hue goes around the edge of the tv and blue drips come from the top of the screen and a chime plays. I'll link a couple pictures I took maybe someone has experienced this and knows wtf is going on? I am in Canada not sure if that helps.

Thanks in advance /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

https://ibb.co/7kQx7TY

https://ibb.co/HKct5jp
If you have a Samsung phone, turn off Smart View, or delete the app. Should solve it based on a quick google search. It’s a Smart View notification. The blue hue around the edges is the app trying to do a picture in picture.

Thanks for the help. It turned out being a Bixby issue. I had to hold down the volume button to disable Bixby. Samsung had contacted a service store near me and they had said I'd need a new panel and main PCB. Guess I can contact them tomorrow and tell them I dont need any of that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As for the Q90T. I have had this tv for close to a month, been mostly using it on my xbox one x, with some streaming thrown in. I am blown away by this TV, it's simply amazing. I've watched 6 seasons of Game of Thrones on it and the difference between this tv and the Q7F(what I owned before) is like night and day. Gaming on it is incredible, been mostly using freesync and it's worked very well.

I have disabled game mode to play some single player games and its freaking fantastic. I would highly recommend this tv to anyone, for anything.

·
Registered
274 Posts

Then, buy 2x Q90T

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you really think next gen games will target/hit [email protected]? Its a pipe dream. Maybe a handful of titles at best, most likely older, remastered competitive titles eg. Overwatch.
Yes, they will have titles that run at [email protected] and maybe even certain older games in the Series X's case. However it won't be native 4K even though it will be in 4K it will be 1440p upscaled I believe they call it checkerboard 4K.

Theres belief out there by Digital Foundry that the next Forza is targeting 4K checkerboard @120. Right now its just a guess but Microsoft is really pushing the 120fps thing right now so some think at least one title at launch may be running at 120fps.

Games could also opt for a performance mode where its targeting 1080P upscaled to 4k @ 120, which you'll want your system to output 4k 120 so you can get the best looking image.

I have to wonder why VRR and Freesync combined with 1440 / 120Hz eliminates ghosting but game motion has to be on to get rid of it for 60hz. Anyone have a theory?
I believe the reason you see it at 60hz is because Samsung is using what is called overdrive which is used to reduce normal ghosting (white blurs) however too much overdrive can result in inverse ghosting motion artifacts which is what we see with 60hz panels. You don't see it at 120hz output because a faster refresh signal does a better job with handling ghosting so they don't have to use much overdrive thus resulting in no inverse ghosting. Also VRR and Freesync have nothing to do with this issue on this set, with it on or off the results will be the same.

Game Motion Plus is there to fix motion issues.

1161 - 1180 of 1894 Posts