AVS Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 2322 Posts

·
Vendor
27,183 Posts
Whats really crazy is Best Buy only sent one guy to deliver and install the replacement tv. I asked him how in the heck did they expect him to install a 160lbs 85 inch tv by himself. Obviously I had to help but it was not easy even with two of us. Whats really crazy is we just threw the old perfectly good tv (other than the bad hdmi port) in the back of his van. He said don't worry about being careful with it they were going to throw it away. It really made me feel uneasy being apart of wasting an almost perfect tv when someone else would be thrilled to have it.
They would get the TV fixed, sent it back to samsung, or sold in bulk in a worst case to some guy who deals in used TV's. That TV is not getting thrown away unless the screen got cracked on the way back to the shop..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I plan on getting the 82 inch version of the Q90t and was worried that at that size 4K would not be able to present an excellent picture with fine detail? Would 8k not be the better choice?

Does anyone here have 82” and can talk to this?

People have been using 120 inch plus projectors at 1080p for a long time. I can’t even fathom that 4k at 85 inches might not be enough detail for someone when at that size it might be the smallest size I would think 8k would even be that worth it. Regardless 4k video is the norm and 8k content is sparse if none existent. I’ve been pretty impressed with 1080p quality on this tv. I can’t imagine why anyone not using this tv as a computer monitor would pay the premium for the 8k over it right now and when you factor in the smaller size of 82 vs 85 the 90t seems like a no brainer to me. By the time we have 8k content mainstream you will want an upgrade anyways to new tech I’m sure. Might as well pocket the money and get the bigger size and better quality on today’s sources.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,223
I plan on getting the 82 inch version of the Q90t and was worried that at that size 4K would not be able to present an excellent picture with fine detail? Would 8k not be the better choice?

Does anyone here have 82” and can talk to this?
Thank you, sounds reasonable. This is going to be a TV I own for at least five years so I need to make the best decision.

People have been using 120 inch plus projectors at 1080p for a long time. I can’️t even fathom that 4k at 85 inches might not be enough detail for someone when at that size it might be the smallest size I would think 8k would even be that worth it. Regardless 4k video is the norm and 8k content is sparse if none existent. I’️ve been pretty impressed with 1080p quality on this tv. I can’️t imagine why anyone not using this tv as a computer monitor would pay the premium for the 8k over it right now and when you factor in the smaller size of 82 vs 85 the 90t seems like a no brainer to me. By the time we have 8k content mainstream you will want an upgrade anyways to new tech I’️m sure. Might as well pocket the money and get the bigger size and better quality on today’️s sources.
Sounds good, thank you for the input. This needs to last at least five years and it is a very expensive decision to make wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Samsung Qled 800T vs 90T

Hello all

I am new to this site and am trying to learn how to access info. I am looking for owners of the 2020 800T and the 2020 90T as those are the 2 sets I am considering buying. I just need someone who owns either of these sets to give me the straight skinny as to whether it is worth it to go the 8K route or stay with 4K..All the you tube videos are way too technical for me..I watch mainly Comcast Xfinity,Amazon Prime,Netflix and movies on my computer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Info on 800T vs 90T

^Seems like the Q90T is a much better purchase at this point. 8K will get better but not worth it IMO.

Thank you..Do you own a 90T? I have been trying to find a store here in Atlanta that has both models on display but can't find one. I saw the 800T 75 ich but it was playing that looped demo that they play so I couldn't see whether it really upscaled into 8k. They have gone down in price this week before the 4th...

Is there a thread with 800T owners.?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you

The Q90T pretty much beats and in some instances handily beats the Q800T in every significant PQ attribute. Even gradient banding. I don't know what Samsung meant to do but the execution of the 800K is an embarrassment. Unless Samsung wants to give up market share I'm sure their high end 4K line up is going no where.

I have been racking my brain as to whether to get the 800T or the 90T. I have watched all kind of videos but they continue to say the 90T is not as good as the 90R..I have a 4KUHD Samsung that is edge lit now without full array and believe that the 90T at the price it is now should last me until the 8K finds its way to a lower price

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been racking my brain as to whether to get the 800T or the 90T. I have watched all kind of videos but they continue to say the 90T is not as good as the 90R..I have a 4KUHD Samsung that is edge lit now without full array and believe that the 90T at the price it is now should last me until the 8K finds its way to a lower price
This is strange. I always saw the video & forum discussion, 90T is better than 90R .

One of comment is

If you must get the best LCD TV , get Q95T .

I dare say the Samsung Q95T is currently the best HDR experience MY has ever seen .
Find yourself a demo TV from Shop , ask them to run a couple of HDR clips for you .
Some of my favorite ones are from Guardian of Galaxy 2 & Valerian City of Thousands Planet .

Massive amount of color volume , coupled with a very sophisticated blooming suppression that rival even the legendary Sony Z9D .
You just cannot buy the same level of HDR impact anywhere else .

Considering the fact that the Q95T ( 65" ) is a MUCH brighter than even the Z9D and able to consistently maintain over 2000 nits of peak brightness , that is big compliment .

Perhaps Samsung has finally realized it is not the number of zones that makes the difference but the algorithm .

Plus they are adhering to the standard of PQ more accurately compare to last year , still not perfect but definitely a great start towards the right direction .
All of that , with an addition of the best screen coating in business , it helps to increase the perceived contrast in a room with ambient lights .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you

This is strange. I always saw the video & forum discussion, 90T is better than 90R .

It is a very confusing world out there when it comes to new TVs. I always think it is better to buy the top of the line in a tested format than a beginners model in a new technology..I think I will make my purchase this week ..

·
Registered
30 Posts
PX and BX has an insane deal for military people that have access to it.

It is a very confusing world out there when it comes to new TVs. I always think it is better to buy the top of the line in a tested format than a beginners model in a new technology..I think I will make my purchase this week ..
If anyone plays games at all and they buy the Q90R over a Q90T it will be a big mistake that they will most definitely end up regretting.

Hello all

I am new to this site and am trying to learn how to access info. I am looking for owners of the 2020 800T and the 2020 90T as those are the 2 sets I am considering buying. I just need someone who owns either of these sets to give me the straight skinny as to whether it is worth it to go the 8K route or stay with 4K..All the you tube videos are way too technical for me..I watch mainly Comcast Xfinity,Amazon Prime,Netflix and movies on my computer.
Early reviews are pointing to the 800T not being as good as the 90T and 8K in general has a few flaws I know there a 950TS review where the reviewer claimed the Q90R was a better brighter TV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PX and BX has an insane deal for military people that have access to it.

If anyone plays games at all and they buy the Q90R over a Q90T it will be a big mistake that they will most definitely end up regretting.

Early reviews are pointing to the 800T not being as good as the 90T and 8K in general has a few flaws I know there a 950TS review where the reviewer claimed the Q90R was a better brighter TV.
Coming from a 52" 1080P Samsung I bought in 2007 I was fortunate to find the deal on the Q90T 65" from AAFES. Now the wait begins to have the unit shipped over to our PX here in Italy.

AAFES also just put for sale the Sonos ARC so I also placed and order with the matching sub. I know I could of built a home theater set-up cheaper with an AVR and accompanying speakers but I needed a solution that will work dual voltage and can expand as my needs changed. The eARC connection on the Q90T sealed the deal. Trying to get set-up as much as possible for the new Xbox Series X.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is there any way to see when a HDR content is playing on Prime Video? I can't see any message/icon.
Yes. When playing go to settings and at the bottom of the tv you will see a list of quick settings I believe and you will see an icon under picture mode with hdr on if it's an HDR show or movie is playing.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes. When playing go to settings and at the bottom of the tv you will see a list of quick settings I believe and you will see an icon under picture mode with hdr on if it's an HDR show or movie is playing.
I know that feature, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Prime Video. I tried with a dozen of recent movies (John Wick 3, Pacific Rim 2, Tales From the Loop...) and nothing happen. Are we sure the app support HDR on this TV?

I can't test it on Netflix because my subscription has expired last week :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know that feature, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Prime Video. I tried with a dozen of recent movies (John Wick 3, Pacific Rim 2, Tales From the Loop...) and nothing happen. Are we sure the app support HDR on this TV?

I can't test it on Netflix because my subscription has expired last week :p
Netflix definitely does and shows... I just tested Amazon Prime and there is some shows in HDR or HDR10 plus. They are just hard to find. And it does work. I tried the show Homecoming and it displays in HDR10 + . Here is a list....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/find-netflix-amazon-hdr-content-2942413/amp

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Keep in mind Amazon UHD/HDR titles are parsed out from the SDR variant. For example there will be two icons for a title such as Mad Dogs, one for SDR and one for HDR. And yes they are hard to find but once you start watching titles in HDR they will be easier to find as the browser will adopt to your viewing habits.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Starting to think there’s an eARC issue with this TV. My Samsung Q70 bar and Q90T TV are still giving me audio dropouts with Atmos 4K discs. I’m not sure what else I can do. Switched HDMI cables, got a new player, updated all my firmware. Should I turn off eARC and use regular ARC. I see it still sends Atmos. Or I go back to optical and dumb it all down again. Defeats the purpose of the Atmos/DTS bar though. DTS:X works fine. Everything else works fine. Just Atmos 4K discs having dropouts. Extremely frustrated. It shouldn’t be this hard.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Netflix definitely does and shows... I just tested Amazon Prime and there is some shows in HDR or HDR10 plus. They are just hard to find. And it does work. I tried the show Homecoming and it displays in HDR10 + . Here is a list....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/find-netflix-amazon-hdr-content-2942413/amp
Thanks very much! Will try to import the same settings I did for the UHD player (X1X). I have to admit the picture quality is excellent!

1221 - 1240 of 2322 Posts