AVS Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 2254 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Firmware Update 1301.5 is awesome!!

New firmware released is so good it mostly fixes 60hz inverse ghosting, local dimming feels much improved, game mode picture mode just looks better to me now it seems like the shadow detail slider works better for game mode now and they added Filmmaker Mode as a selectable picture mode which is just fantastic btw especially for HDR.

I really didn't expect Samsung to fix inverse ghosting especially this fast since people said it was a huge issue on the 2019 QLEDs like the Q90R.

I covered it all in this video (again if I can't post this please remove it)

Anyone else get this update if so what's your experience with it so far?

Anyone else finding clouding/blooming being handled better after the newest update?
I didn't at first but after watching Jurassic Park in 4K HDR in filmmaker mode it looked fantastic I had no blooming at all and I expected at least a little bit. I was blown away!

FILMMAKER MODE was added as another Picture Mode entry with 1301 update.
and its awesome!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone else finding clouding/blooming being handled better after the newest update?

A few scenarios that reliably caused blooming in a complete dark environment have noticeably reduced blooming. I probably wouldn’t even notice it anymore for an average user. Can’t wait to try game mode now!

·
Registered
201 Posts
New firmware released is so good it mostly fixes 60hz inverse ghosting, local dimming feels much improved, game mode picture mode just looks better to me now it seems like the shadow detail slider works better for game mode now and they added Filmmaker Mode as a selectable picture mode which is just fantastic btw especially for HDR.

I really didn't expect Samsung to fix inverse ghosting especially this fast since people said it was a huge issue on the 2019 QLEDs like the Q90R.

I didn't at first but after watching Jurassic Park in 4K HDR in filmmaker mode it looked fantastic I had no blooming at all and I expected at least a little bit. I was blown away!

and its awesome!!!
Be nice if they fixed the audio dropouts with Atmos. Talked to a Samsung engineer about it on a personal phone call. The TV guys don’t know about soundbars and vice versa. They should all be on the same page. It seems, even with good HDMI cables. Sending Atmos from discs with the player connected to the tv, still causes dropouts over eARC on the Samsung soundbar. Connecting player to soundbar works better. But still happens occasionally with that set up. Seems like a big problem no one cares about.

·
Registered
138 Posts

and its awesome!!!
Be nice if they fixed the audio dropouts with Atmos. Talked to a Samsung engineer about it on a personal phone call. The TV guys don’t know about soundbars and vice versa. They should all be on the same page. It seems, even with good HDMI cables. Sending Atmos from discs with the player connected to the tv, still causes dropouts over eARC on the Samsung soundbar. Connecting player to soundbar works better. But still happens occasionally with that set up. Seems like a big problem no one cares about.
What about Soundbar straight into TV via HDMI? I’m thinking about buying a Q60 or Q70T at some point and if it works well for Netflix or Amazon (no receiver or player involved) I’ll look to upgrade sooner.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So I just got home with the Samsung Q90T 65 inches and what in the heck is going on with this tv????

Turn on PS4 PRo and the inverse ghosting is awful, like nothing I have ever seen on any tv. It looks like fireworks around all edges of characters

I read somewhere that turning ON game motion plus fixes it but that is not a fix because the input lag goes to like 23ms from 9.....

Please tell me there is a fix and I did not buy a trash gaming tv.

Also I got the samsung soundbar q80r and connect ps4 pro to hdmi 4 which is 2.1 and use eARC with the soundbar.

I put passthrough on the tv and hdmi and pcm on the ps4 pro...

but games like the last of us 2 say I am only getting 2 channel. not 5.1 or 7.1

Any ideas?

On the OLED CX I can put the OLED at bitstream and it would do 7.1 on last of us two with earc...Cannot get it to work on Samsung tv

I also do not want to connect directly to soundbar...Which is the purpose of earc no?

·
Registered
201 Posts
[/QUOTE]
What about Soundbar straight into TV via HDMI? I’m thinking about buying a Q60 or Q70T at some point and if it works well for Netflix or Amazon (no receiver or player involved) I’ll look to upgrade sooner.[/QUOTE]

There is no issue with TV apps and the Q70T that I’ve encountered. The Atmos and DTS:X are wasted on the apps though. You only get DD+ with Atmos. Not the same quality as on disc. After trying 2 blu-ray players with new cables and experiencing the same thing, there is a problem that Samsung needs to solve.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So I just got home with the Samsung Q90T 65 inches and what in the heck is going on with this tv????

Turn on PS4 PRo and the inverse ghosting is awful, like nothing I have ever seen on any tv. It looks like fireworks around all edges of characters

I read somewhere that turning ON game motion plus fixes it but that is not a fix because the input lag goes to like 23ms from 9.....

Also I got the samsung soundbar q80r and connect ps4 pro to hdmi 4 which is 2.1 and use eARC with the soundbar.

Any ideas?

On the OLED CX I can put the OLED at bitstream and it would do 7.1 on last of us two with earc...Cannot get it to work on Samsung tv

I also do not want to connect directly to soundbar...Which is the purpose of earc no?
Supposedly new firmware for Q90T fixes ghosting. You need to download the file and update with USB though or you’ll be waiting a while for it to come over to your tv’s updater. Also having Game Motion Plus on and moving judder and blur to zero works if you don’t want to update right now. PS4 should be set to Dolby, not LPCM for 5.1 audio. LPCM is stereo. As far as eARC, I think it’s flawed in the Samsungs.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
How is it that on LG cx I can pass through to samsung soundboard via earc and set ps4 pro to hdmi pcm and get 7.1

But not through a samsung q90t? And samsung how q80r soundbar?

·
Registered
186 Posts

Any ideas?

That doesn't sound right. Did you take a few min to calibrate your tv? Or did you just fire up the PS4 and go right into it? There has been reports of inverse ghosting but nothing like your describing there. Trust us when we say you did not buy a trash gaming tv. Especially with the last update this tv is one of the best out there. Hopefully if you didn't calibrate it that's all it needs to fix your issue 🤞

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ok updated to new usb software and ghosting gone

But I need to fix audio issue now

On LG cx older I can plug ps4 to TV and earc to samsung hw q80r and ps4 set to hdmi pcm

It allows 7.1 audio to be detected by last of us 2

Same set up on q90t and last of us only shows stereo 2 channels

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So not sure what is going on...

I repeat

On the LG CX OLED I put the ps4 pro to the oled and run an hdmi from eARC on the tv to soundbar. I put passthrough on the tv for that hdmi input and it passes 7.1 from console to soundbar

On the PS4 i have HDMI and PCM for audio. Weird thing is when selecting HDMI on the ps4 for audo it pops up that the sound bar is 7.1 but I can do 5.1 if I want. This does not pop up when connected the same way on the Samsung q90t

Only way I saw 5.1 on last of us 2 was when I put ps4 pro audio settings to dolby 5.1 but that comes with audio lag.

Not sure what is going on

I have Auto for eARC on the samsung tv and my soundbar shows eArc as the input

I put the tv hmdi auto setting to passthrough as well and still 2 channel only for last of us 2

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ohh and last thing, how can I turn off the soundbar doing game mode pro for audio each time I turn the console ON? When I finish playing and go to Fios cable it remains on game pro mode for audio....So annoying

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ohh and last thing, how can I turn off the soundbar doing game mode pro for audio each time I turn the console ON? When I finish playing and go to Fios cable it remains on game pro mode for audio....So annoying
Can I ask why you have both a CX and a Q90T? Also are you finding the inverse ghosting gone while using VRR and Freesync?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Can I ask why you have both a CX and a Q90T? Also are you finding the inverse ghosting gone while using VRR and Freesync?
One is for bedroom other for living room

The ghosting is gone after usb update

My issue remains that earc does not work on the TV

Very disappointed in that

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ok so the USB latest update fixed the ghosting so now gaming is great again at 10ms input lag

Only issue is that eARC is broken on this tv and from what I read the 8 series as well

Very unfortunate that it does not work

I had to plug the ps4 pro to the samsung sound bar hw q80r to get proper multi channel pcm from ps4 7.1 to show up on the game

My concern is that this will cause input lag

Second issue is that I connected my fios box to the hdmi second input on the soundbar and it works at times and others is just a blank screen.

Might have to just use toslink from cable box to the FIos box but now I lose in tv apps ability to get audio.

I can get atmos from nextflix in tv apps when using eARC so not sure if that is just something that works regardless of eARC but I do get it

What the tv does not pass to the soundbar is multi channel pc.

When I set the ps4 to bitstream dolby 5.1 and use eARC there is a huge audio delay. Only PCM on ps4 has no delay but it only does 2 channels when passthrough to the soundbar

I must have ps4 pro connected to the soundbar for audio to work as advertised because eARC is broken on this tv

·
Registered
186 Posts
One is for bedroom other for living room

The ghosting is gone after usb update

My issue remains that earc does not work on the TV

Very disappointed in that
The EARC does work on this tv. I use it for my 5.1 set up.

1241 - 1260 of 2254 Posts